Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who are today's great thinkers?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Allen - most Christian could not come up with anything like a coherent answer. Christians, on the whole, are not great thinkers.

Allen - most Christian could not come up with anything like a coherent answer. Christians, on the whole, are not great thinkers.
In your profile it says that you are a Christian. Is that a lie or an error?

Do you include yourself as 'not a great thinker'?

It never made sense to me how someone can take scripture and make it fit into what they believe.

But how does that differ from every Christian who believes anything in The Bible? We all read and interpret what we read. We all interpret things differently, these pages make that absolutely clear. We often see two or more good Christians getting really upset that their particular interpretation is being challenged.

YOU presumably behave the way you do because you believe that Scripture tells you to. You have a belief which comes, in part from Scripture and in part from the Personal Relationship you have with God (you told me about that earlier). You therefore have a belief and you make scripture fit with your beliefs whilst knowing full well that other people interpret it in different ways.

If you can do that, why does it not make sense to you that someone else can do exactly the same?

Yes, many do Classik. Also, some people rudely mock another's interpretation yet haven't the .......... to offer their own interpretation.
hmmm You must have known a lot of people. What prompted the use of 'Aardvark' as a username? Does it suit?

hmmm You must have known a lot of people.
No, I was referring to you in the Q'ran thread.

What prompted the use of 'Aardvark' as a username? Does it suit?
I had hoped to have this old joke in my signature line, "In the beginning was the word and the word was Aardverk" but the moderator's wouldn't let me.

If explanation is necessary - the first word in the dictionary is Aardvark. I used the alternative spelling Aardverk for personal reasons.

Why did you choose Classik and why Classik rather than Classic? German or urban 'cool'?

Did you subscribe to Nat Geo Wild? Animal Planet? The aardvark! Wooow.
220px-Porc_formiguer.JPG

It is such a wonderful animal with amazing characteristics. Tis the only living species of the Tubulidentata. It is an excellent ant-eater.

Also, it is a nocturnal creature. Hidden??? :biggrinunno :shrug :confused I wonder why.

It emerges from its burrow in the late afternoon or shortly after sunset, and forages over a considerable home range encompassing 10 to 30 km, swinging its long nose from side to side to pick up the scent of food.
It must be a great traveler! Another amazing characteristics is its ability to swing its 'long nose' from side to side to pick up the scent of anything food.

When a concentration of ants or termites is detected, the aardvark digs into it with its powerful front legs, keeping its long ears upright to listen for predators, and takes up an astonishing number of insects with its long, sticky tongue—as many as 50,000 in one night have been recorded.
:shocked :shocked

It can dig 2 feet in 15 seconds, but otherwise moves fairly slowly.
I see.

Its claws enable it to dig through the extremely hard crust of a termite or ant mound quickly, avoiding the dust by sealing the nostrils. When successful, the aardvark's long (up to 30 centimetres (12 in)) tongue licks up the insects; the termites' biting, or the ants' stinging attacks are rendered futile by the tough skin.
hmmm

Aside from digging out ants and termites, the aardvark also excavates burrows in which to live; temporary sites are scattered around the home range as refuges, and a main burrow is used for breeding. Main burrows can be deep and extensive, have several entrances and can be as long as 13 metres (43 ft).
wow

The aardvark changes the layout of its home burrow regularly, and from time to time moves on and makes a new one;
Changes the layout of its home into what??? ...And never gets back to that home? Astonishing!

the old burrows are then inhabited by smaller animals like the African wild dog . Only mothers and young share burrows. If attacked in the tunnel, it will seal the tunnel off behind itself or turn around and attack with its claws.
Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you subscribe to Nat Geo Wild? Animal Planet? The aardvark! Wooow.

It is such a wonderful animal with amazing characteristics. Tis the only living species of the Tubulidentata. It is an excellent ant-eater.

Also, it is a nocturnal creature. Hidden??? :biggrinunno :shrug :confused I wonder why.

It must be a great traveler! Another amazing characteristics is its ability to swing its 'long nose' from side to side to pick up the scent of anything food.

:shocked :shocked

I see.

hmmm

wow

Changes the layout of its home into what??? ...And never gets back to that home? Astonishing!

More mockery. Keep it up and you will get an infraction at least.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back