Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who created Satan?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some Bibles even have a heading, to show when the subject has shifted.

And the one you quoted uses a heading clarifying that both sections were to be repeated to the "king of Tyre".

In fact, none use a title indicating Ezekiel was to go speak to an angel.

Verse 11 startes a direction for Ezekiel to sing a lamentation to "him" (typically a funeral song). With v18-19 clarifying his death. We noticed you stopped the lament mid-stanza.

Ezekiel 28:18-19 “You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And shall be no more forever.”’”
Is it your opinion that an angel trades, is turned to dust and will be "no more"?

Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the Garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the Sardis, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."

Ezekiel 28:14 "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."

The position of the "cherub" is to protect the mercy seat of God. "Coverth" means to guard, in the Hebrew text. God is saying that "I set you there on mine own altar, and you walked before me." It is because of Satan's vanity that he turned against God, and this caused Satan's sentence of death. It was because of this sentence that God also allowed for His own Son to die, to pay the price of all sin, so those who fall from God's grace, can return to His.

This can be non other than satan

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
The position of the "cherub" is to protect the mercy seat of God. "Coverth" means to guard, in the Hebrew text. God is saying that "I set you there on mine own altar, and you walked before me." It is because of Satan's vanity that he turned against God, and this caused Satan's sentence of death. It was because of this sentence that God also allowed for His own Son to die, to pay the price of all sin, so those who fall from God's grace, can return to His.

I'm fairly certain I know what you were trying to say in your comment but it missed the mark. Jesus didn't die for Satan's sin but it sounds as if that is what you are sayintg.

I'm fairly certain I know what you were trying to say in your comment but it missed the mark. Jesus didn't die for Satan's sin but it sounds as if that is what you are sayintg.

Not at all what Im trying to say,as satan was already judged to die,before Christ died on the cross...

Trying to get people to understand the three ages
satan was not always evil,he became that way

Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the Garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the Sardis, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."

Ezekiel 28:14 "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."

To make it out to be Satan is to read that into the text. The text is very clearly about the king of Tyre; it tells us that.

To make it out to be Satan is to read that into the text. The text is very clearly about the king of Tyre; it tells us that.

This king was in the Garden of God?
Also do a study on whats a Cherub

The KJV translates Strong's H3742 in the following manner: cherubims (64x), cherub (27x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. cherub, cherubim (pl)
    1. an angelic being

1. as guardians of Eden

2. as flanking God's throne

3. as an image form hovering over the Ark of the Covenant

4. as the chariot of Jehovah (fig.)

This king was in the Garden of God?
Also do a study on whats a Cherub

The KJV translates Strong's H3742 in the following manner: cherubims (64x), cherub (27x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. cherub, cherubim (pl)
    1. an angelic being
      1. as guardians of Eden

2. as flanking God's throne

3. as an image form hovering over the Ark of the Covenant

4. as the chariot of Jehovah (fig.)
I am well aware of what a cherub is. As I have already pointed out, the two chapters preceding chapter 28 are all about Tyre and we can clearly see that chapter 28 is addressed the to the leader of Tyre. We must take into account that this was all written at a certain point in history, a point at which there is simply no way they would have understood it to be referring to Satan. It would only have been understood to be referring to the very person that Ezekiel says it is addressed to--the king of Tyre.

Ezekiel is using metaphor to remind the king of all that he once had and how far he had fallen. It was as if he had been a cherub in the Garden of God. And as I stated previously, it is more likely that Ezekiel had Adam in mind than an angel, but that in no way means this passage is speaking literally.

Eze 28:19 All who know you among the peoples are appalled at you; you have come to a dreadful end and shall be no more forever." (ESV)

Has Satan ceased to exist?

Most of Christianity disagrees. That will be evident in the truth that most translations say Lucifer but how could a created planet or star rule over the angels and convince a third of them to rebel with it? (Rev 12:4, Isa 14:12, & Luke 10:18)
Satan was never in Heaven. Those Angels that fell in Rev.12 were religious leaders in Christ's time.And they are still in reserve for judgement,Jude 6.

Satan was never in Heaven. Those Angels that fell in Rev.12 were religious leaders in Christ's time.And they are still in reserve for judgement,Jude 6.
Jude 6 has nothing to do with this issue and your answer is absurd and screams lack of study. You need to show me in scripture where this statement originated, I find nothing in the Bible that leads me to accept this. I gave Isa 14:12 earlier but here it is again and before the incarnation, from the time of Jacob/Israel I recall no record of God being on the planet but in the Book of Job we find Satan, in the early passages of the book, approaching the throne of God before he had God's permission to test Job. To the, absolute, best ofr my recollection, the throne of God is found in Heaven/

Where does your teaching and understanding come from son?

Last edited:
Jude 6 has nothing to do with this issue and your answer is absurd and screams lack of study. You need to show me in scripture where this statement originated, I find nothing in the Bible that leads me to accept this.
I and others can't find Scripture to back your views.

Everything I talk about is based on scripture.I'm not a teacher. You have nothing to back your belief that Lucifer was any more than a mere man except for the way you interpret it,or was taught. I should be afforded the same.

Everything I talk about is based on scripture.I'm not a teacher. You have nothing to back your belief that Lucifer was any more than a mere man except for the way you interpret it,or was taught. I should be afforded the same.
I know just one thing make that two. You theology is a corkscrewed mess and the other is you do not believe in reading rules. In thr Bible Study, Theology, and I think in the Apologetics Forums we are cautioned to use Scripture References/Addresses. You are new and seem not willing to even read the rules listed on each Sub-forum.

I have given you scripture addresses and if you can't find them, I don't know.
edited to add: You did not search very hard for the passage that proves Satan has been, and likely still is, it is found in the first chapter, verse 6. Did you even open Job?

Last edited:
I know just one thing make that two. You theology is a corkscrewed mess and the other is you do not believe in reading rules. In thr Bible Study, Theology, and I think in the Apologetics Forums we are cautioned to use Scripture References/Addresses. You are new and seem not willing to even read the rules listed on each Sub-forum.

I have given you scripture addresses and if you can't find them, I don't know.
edited to add: You did not search very hard for the passage that proves Satan has been, and likely still is, it is found in the first chapter, verse 6. Did you even open Job?
Dear lord! Have a great day

I think I'll stay out of this one..

:popcorn

Proverbs 17:28

There's my required scripture, lol...
:hysterical

Last edited:
Reminder: This is the Theology forum. The rules of this forum require that opposing viewpoints be supported by Scripture and not just our opinions.

Reminder: This is the Theology forum. The rules of this forum require that opposing viewpoints be supported by Scripture and not just our opinions.

You're right, Brother. I went back and added a scripture to my post...:nod

I am well aware of what a cherub is. As I have already pointed out, the two chapters preceding chapter 28 are all about Tyre and we can clearly see that chapter 28 is addressed the to the leader of Tyre. We must take into account that this was all written at a certain point in history, a point at which there is simply no way they would have understood it to be referring to Satan. It would only have been understood to be referring to the very person that Ezekiel says it is addressed to--the king of Tyre.

Ezekiel is using metaphor to remind the king of all that he once had and how far he had fallen. It was as if he had been a cherub in the Garden of God. And as I stated previously, it is more likely that Ezekiel had Adam in mind than an angel, but that in no way means this passage is speaking literally.

Eze 28:19 All who know you among the peoples are appalled at you; you have come to a dreadful end and shall be no more forever." (ESV)

Has Satan ceased to exist?

No satan has not ceased to exist,that's a prophecy,as he is the only one by name who has already been judged,that's why he's also know as the son of perdition.

like I keep saying,if one dosn't understand the first earth age,where satan was judged and sentenced,the Word will be hard to understand

No satan has not ceased to exist,that's a prophecy,as he is the only one by name who has already been judged,that's why he's also know as the son of perdition.

like I keep saying,if one dosn't understand the first earth age,where satan was judged and sentenced,the Word will be hard to understand
I agree that he has been charge, tried, and convicted but your not saying he is in the Abyss yet, right?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back