Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHO DO YOU THINK GOD IS CALLING . ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

lianna7

Who does God call to be his ? God calls those that he will out from this dark world of sin . They are the one's he will reveal His glourious truth too. Now just who are they . ? They are the ones who obediently respond to that call. If we remain faithful, we can be in the family of God , Revelation 17:14. To be eligible to receive that promise we must be "called, chosen, and faithful.

Now what kind of people will God call . ? It won't be many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty. 1 Corinthians 1:26-27 also Matthew 11:25-26

Even Jesus said that the tax collecters and harlots would enter the Kingdom of God before those who are thought to be rightious . Those people who might have thought they were rightious were really self rightious. Those who think themselves not worthy are more likely to see thier need to repent. They also will be more thankful for the forgiveness made possible to them through Jesus's sacrefice. Matthew 21:23, 31-32

God most often calls people who don't view themselves as high and mighty but who instead see problems in themselves. They are more humble and teachable because they can more easily recognize and admit their human weaknesses. They are people who have made mistakes and know it.

God will not choose those who look at themselves as wiser then others , but rather the humble and the ones who want to learn and are willing to be taught. The self-rightious ones think they know all and seldom ask for Gods help.

So how large a group do you think God has and is is calling today. ? Do you think God is now calling a very large amount . ?

How do you suppsoe we calculate a number? I think that is presuming very much for such a weakened human condition, as we see in humanity today. As for who, i think God will call all that he desires. Not just those who seem more likely to be called, but even those who seem the most impossible to change. After all, he did call Saul out, who had once sought to kill Christians. So who do I think God is going to call? he will call anyone that He pleases to.

Blazing Bones,
Sorry I didn't want an exact number I don't think I had ask for that , but maybe I should have said it another way . Do you think God is trying to call all people now in this present time . ? As it says in the Bible God wants none to parish. I mean it's been a slow prosses so far , even back in the time of Pentacost after Jesus had preached for 3 1/2 years and died for our sins and was resurected . There were only 120 real believers .

I believe God is calling some and as Romans suggests, He is leaving some to their sins. This does not change that he wishes none to perish, but if a person refuses to seek him for so long, they have already made their choice.

This subject always reminds me of the Scripture that asks if Jesus will find faith when He returns. I believe the numbers will be few in the big scheme of things, and I pray that I am part of them. I am thankful for His mercy toward me, that's for sure, but I also understand the idea of faith leading one to obedience...to Godly fear. The difference between the sheep and goats was what they did...and neither group was even aware of how Christ would judge. Deceit is subtle, but there is peace in faith, and in walking with Him in trust and obedience. The more I learn of God's Truth, the more I recognize how very much I needed Jesus to take my place, and how dimly I see. I am in awe of the purity and holiness I do understand in Him, and I imagine it's very little. We are so wicked in our motives and thoughts...I see why we are instructed to take our thoughts captive, but it is hard. The Disciples asked, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus said with God it is possible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back