Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who ever gets the last Word

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I used Skype to call one of my old bosses at the paper mill last night. He told me that a friend of mine had shot himself over the Stock Market. The man's wife had a $100,000/year job, and he was worried about money. He would go days without being able to sleep, and the mill put him on sick leave, with pay.

This thing about the peace of God doesn't always seem real until you deal with people who don't have it.

Wow, Vince I'm so sorry. :sad

Makes me think of that verse "And men's hearts will fail them from fear..."

I can't remember thw whole thing right now, but it's so true. People who are depending on the things of this world are truley missing out on the beautiful ending we have waiting for us on the other side.

Prayers going out to his wife and family.... :pray

I talked about it in church today. I lost 1/4 of my retirement savings in the Stock Market decline, and I had asked God why He didn't warn me to put everything into cash.I got an answer. If God had gotten me out of the Stock Market and left all these other retired Christians behind, how could I comfort them?

Being Christians doesn't make us immune to the follys here on earth. Believers lose their houses, loved ones, and jobs too. But like you said Vince, we do have that peace through it that only God can give. That is so comforting, and at the same time, something I still struggle with.

But Praise Him, He is the Rock on which I stand!!

That is really neat, how He has used your struggles to minister to others. I think you nailed that one on the head. :approve

Navy beat Notre Dame in football today!!!!! Yes!!!!!!Yes!!!!!!Yes!!!!!!!!

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP)—

Two years ago when Navy beat Notre Dame, the Irish were in the midst of a 3-9 season. The loss Saturday effectively ends any hope Notre Dame (6-3) had for its first Bowl Championship Series appearance since 2006.

The last time an unranked Navy team beat a ranked Notre Dame team was 1936, the first year of the poll, when the Midshipmen won 3-0. Ranked Notre Dame teams had beat unranked Navy 41 straight times.

It’s the type of loss that will no doubt fire up the critics of Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis.

It doesn't fully make up for the Phillies losing the World Series, but it helps.

So Vince~

I take this to mean~ you are not an Irishman... or perhaps you are an "old salt" ?

sheshisown~

[attachment=0:2gk15qb4]WW1NavyUS-Ranks-OldSalt.jpg[/attachment:2gk15qb4] :lol

As a student in Catholic school, I learned that all the Italians, such as myself, hated Notre Dame. Actually, I don't hate the Irish, and besides over half of Notre Dame's team is Black, whom I don't hate, either. But it's a tradition: Italian-Americans hate Notre Dame.

Plus, my father and step-father were in the Navy.

Notre Dame's football team had beaten Navy 41 times in a row, which is an American college football record. In 2007, Navy beat Notre Dame, and yesterday, they did it again.

Go Navy!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back