Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who ever gets the last Word

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I love chili! It's so delicious with sour cream and some shredded cheese. I'm going to have some Sunday. Football Sunday and Chili go hand in hand

Ooooooooh you're missing out! I love hot, spicy Chili with the cooling contrast of sour cream. If it wasn't gross, I would probably eat sour cream out of the container :lol

Someone started a thread about a pastor getting saved during an evangelistic service at his own church. I've searched the forum, but can't find it. Can someone give me a link?

Someone started a thread about a pastor getting saved during an evangelistic service at his own church. I've searched the forum, but can't find it. Can someone give me a link?

Are you talking about this?

It was 8:00A.M. on a Monday. The phone rang and on the other end of the line was the chairman of deacons at one of our association’s churches. Since I had been interim at that church, while serving as D.O.M., the deacon and I were well acquainted. He had a high degree of confidence in me so he felt he could ask me a very important question.

He started by saying, “Bro. Ken, what does a church do when the pastor gets saved?â€

“Say what?â€, I replied.

“Last night in our revival our pastor got saved. Now, we need to know if he can stay here and continue to pastor, or should he resign?â€

You can read the full article here (part 1) and here (part 2)

Good link, Theofilus, and I learned from it. Although it is not what I was talking about, the author of the post had some good insights: dynamic preachers, looking for "decisions," have developed ways to get people to walk the aisle when they don'[t need to. I'm not saying that the evangelist did this deliberately, but I think that he rattled a genuine Christian into thinking he was not really saved.

December 7, 2010

Sixty-nine years ago this morning, faced with a stupendous failure by their leaders, the enlisted men of the United States Navy fought back so furiously that the Japanese decided not to launch another strike at Pearl Harbor, a decision that ultimately cost them World War 2.

My father was one of those enlisted men.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back