Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is Righteous?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
They have all fallen away;
they are all alike depraved;
there is none that does good,
no, not one. Psalms 53:6 RSV

This is not a justification for sin. In this verse the Lord is complaining that nobody is trying to do his will.

You don’t know if the Lord’s will is hard to obey until you try to obey it. I’m suggesting it isn’t as hard as people think.

It is only when we rely on the strength of Jesus Christ to work His way in us, that we are capable of obedience. I have to ask Him every day to help me be obedient to what He asks of me.

Philippians 4:13 NLT
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

It is only when we rely on the strength of Jesus Christ to work His way in us, that we are capable of obedience. I have to ask Him every day to help me be obedient to what He asks of me.

Philippians 4:13 NLT
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

I don’t deny that we need the Lord’s help.

Romans 7:8 but sin, finding occasion, wrought in me through the commandment all manner of coveting: for apart from the law sin is dead.

If it is natural for us to obey the commands of Christ, then he would not have needed to give them. The NT has constant exortations and even condemnations of sinners. The verse above suggests that the commandments are so hard to obey, that when combined with human sin nature, the commandment will bring all sorts of "coveting."

Are they hard to obey? Certainly! No one succeeds in obeying them. The scriptures say that there is "none righteous, not even one."
Surely it should be natural for us to obey God? 2 Corinthians 5 v 17 and Galatians 5 v 16 spring to mind.

Those who have Christ as their righteousness have nothing to worry about..1 cor 1:

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Those who have Christ as their righteousness have nothing to worry about..1 cor 1:

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Those who are mature in the Lord have repented of their sin, I believe. Maybe beginners have not.

Those who are mature in the Lord have repented of their sin, I believe. Maybe beginners have not.

John 2:12-19 KJV 12 I write to you, little children,Because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake. 13 I write to you, fathers,Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.I write to you, young men,Because you have overcome the wicked one.I write to you, little children,Because you have known the Father. 14 I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.I have written to you, young men,Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,And you have overcome the wicked one.

note the verse twelve.little children , because your sins are forgiven for his names sake.

sounds like that babe is already saved. they repented.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ is my righteousness..1 cor 1:

He is the LORD God my righteousness..Jer 33:16

In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

Jesus Christ is my righteousness..1 cor 1:

He is the LORD God my righteousness..Jer 33:16

In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

I would suggest one do the Lord’s will. Right?

John 2:12-19 KJV 12 I write to you, little children,Because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake. 13 I write to you, fathers,Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.I write to you, young men,Because you have overcome the wicked one.I write to you, little children,Because you have known the Father. 14 I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.I have written to you, young men,Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,And you have overcome the wicked one.

note the verse twelve.little children , because your sins are forgiven for his names sake.

sounds like that babe is already saved. they repented.

Jay, it matters not what knowledge we have, as long as we are Rom. 8:1 [IN CHRIST] and will be Rom. 8:14 LED! Whatever church that we are in, with the church even one of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones makes it OUR OWN PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH US BEING IN CHRIST OR NOT.

The question being discussed as 'i' see it, misses the BOTTOM/LINE of who [IS RIGHTEOUS?] We can only OBEY what the Holy Spirit has 'LED' us to Obey. Regardless of where we are at, at present, if we have FOLLOWED OR WILL FOLLOW HIS LEADING, we are Declared Rightous at this juncture. Even note Rom. 2:13-15 Gentile ones who were Obedient by coming to God by His Nature + the Holy Spirit's LEADING.

The ones of Rev. 17:1-5 could not be MOVED by any means! Even compare Isa. 5 for Christ True Vinyard, verse 4 first, & then verse 3.
So the rightous will be the ones who are OBEDIENT as was always the CONDITION! Heb. 11:13 These all died [IN THE FAITH]. They died living in Obedience to God. [[They D-I-E-D IN the Faith!]] Most of their lives show up & downs! Yet, in death, they all were faithful to their last breath it [IS RECORDED].

And we are still living, huh?? ;) See Acts 4:19 for what Inspiration [Documents] through Peter...
'Repent ye therefore, and be CONVERTED,] (the first REQUIREMENT!)
that [your sins may be blotted out, WHEN THE TIMES OF *REFRESHING SHALL COME FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD.]' (this is the latter rain time/table)

This will be the very last thing that Christ does in the Heavenly Temple above. Note Rev. 11:18-19.

--Elijah674

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back