Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is the best pastor currently alive ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
My choice is Jim Cymbala he is the pastor of Brooklyn Tabernacle. This man is the bravest soul on earth. He puts up with so much havoc and negativity from his flock. He wrote a book that only describes a fraction of his hardship. As a result I admire him and see him as a role model. God bless him.

only one?
i have a few

ken graves, calvery chapel central maine
bob coy, calvary chapel ft.lauderdale
tom harr, my pastor at home.

What are we rating them on? Their ability to preach, their ability to care for their flock, their ability to build a large congregation?

I think it is someone none of us know! I mean, I recently heard a pastor say he has a hunch that when we stand before God on Judgement Day and receive our rewards, we will probably be rewarded most for the things we have forgotten and the good deeds we thought we`d be getting rewards for, God will not even mention. I think that is sort of the same concept. There are some wonderful, passionate, fully dedicated pastors in little villages & towns throughout the world that we will never hear of until we get to Heaven, and then God will pull out the biggest, shiniest crowns for these little, hard working, unknown men of God.

Tissue said:
Success in pastoral ministry is something none of us can judge.

I bet comments like those must get you all sorts of ladies, sheesh its just a post to have fun and recognize the few men that give it all for Christ. Sometimes I wonder about some people on this forum are they here to build up others or maybe they are here to show off or to be wise guys.

I personally really like my lead pastor and another local pastor. But as far as the "bigger names" go, I really like Mark Driscoll, Francis Chan, and John Piper.

My vote is for Bill Johnson of Bethel Church in Redding, CA. I've heard him several times, know some who attend there, and like what I've heard. The church is growing and alive and ministers healing. I love my church and pastors, don't get me wrong. If I didn't honor them, I wouldn't go there. Still, if lived near Redding.......

nyc christian said:
I bet comments like those must get you all sorts of ladies, sheesh its just a post to have fun and recognize the few men that give it all for Christ. Sometimes I wonder about some people on this forum are they here to build up others or maybe they are here to show off or to be wise guys.

Apologies; my post was not meant to be a personal assault on you, but rather, an assault on your idea (which is all too common in American Christianity).

Numbers mean nothing.

nyc christian said:
Tissue said:
Success in pastoral ministry is something none of us can judge.

I agree.

As far as the well know Tv personalities go, I think Charles Stanley is the best (IE the most biblically sound), apart from the fact that he hes says "Listen" about 100 times during a message.

i thought that's where you were from. I never here him on the radio though. I mainly listen to the calvary chapel group though. They have churches in auklund,nz

jasoncran said:
i thought that's where you were from. I never here him on the radio though. I mainly listen to the calvary chapel group though. They have churches in auklund,nz

Do you mean the Ruckmanites? IE Followers of Peter Ruchman? I've been to their Church, they are real staunch KJV people.

I like Peter Ruchman by the way.

Panin said:
jasoncran said:

Do you mean the Ruckmanites? IE Followers of Peter Ruchman? I've been to their Church, they are real staunch KJV people.

no, calvary chapel is a denomation that was started by chuck smith.
he is out of Costa Mesa, California. This denomation is known for bible studies that are chapter by chapter and verse by verse. Each book is preached and discussed by the pastor, and it starts in genesis and ends in revalation and the cycle repeats itself.

jasoncran said:
Panin said:
jasoncran said:

no, calvary chapel is a denomation that was started by chuck smith.
he is out of Costa Mesa, California. This denomation is known for bible studies that are chapter by chapter and verse by verse. Each book is preached and discussed by the pastor, and it starts in genesis and ends in revalation and the cycle repeats itself.

Sounds great. :)

Panin said:
As far as the well know Tv personalities go, I think Charles Stanley is the best (IE the most biblically sound), apart from the fact that he hes says "Listen" about 100 times during a message.

I like Charles Stanley too. And you're right, he likes the word "listen" doesn't he? But have you noticed that when he says "Listen..." your ears perk up a little more?

Back