Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Acts 5:3 tells us the Holy Spirit is God.
3Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

I believe the Holy Spirit is the Fathers Spirit as God states "My Spirit". I do not believe Gods Spirit is a separate distinct person from the "Father". That Spirit searches the mind of the Spirit.

For what person knows a man’s thoughts except the spirit of the man which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

I don't know how you get that (don't believe in the Holy Spirit) from my posts. What you should get is that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of our heavenly Father not a separate distinct person from the Father. As God is Spirit His own Spirit is Devine.
Randy

Randy,

What you believe about the Holy Spirit being the Father's Spirit and not a separate person, is not supported by Scripture.

The Father is a distinct person where his being is referred to as a person by use of the pronoun, 'he'. See Matt 6:9-10, 32; 11:25; John 7:16-17; Gen 6:6.

Jesus, the Son, is a distinct person and is spoken of as 'he' and had characteristics of a person. See John 2:29; 6:38; 7:17; 11:35.

The Holy Spirit is a person who has attributes of personhood. See John 16:13; 14:26; 1 Cor 12:11. There are many verses that support the Holy Spirit as doing the activities of a person: Gen 6:3; Lk 12:12; John 3:8; 16:7-8; Acts 8:29; Rom 8:26; 1 Cor 2:11; Eph 4:30; 2 Peter 1:21, etc.

The Father is God. (Matt 6:8, 7:21, Gal 1:1);
Jesus is God from the beginning (Jn 1: 1-18);
The Holy Spirit is God (Jn 15:26, Mark 3:29, 1 Cor 6:19).

It doesn't say that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and that the Holy Spirit is not God.

It's too late to try to convince me that the Holy Spirit is not a separate person and is only the Spirit of the Father. How come? The Bible tells me so.

Yours is an unorthodox doctrine.

Oz

Last edited:
Where then did the stuff it come from? Unlike God, stuff can't think, desire, understand.
Secondly, if it existed from eternity past all of the energy would have been lost to entropy.
Also...if the stuff existed from eternity past...now would never get here. Just like eternity into the future will never arrive.
Then there is....what caused the stuff to change?
One other reason I can think of right now off the top of my head.....Eternal "stuff" is not how the bible said stuff came into being.

Cygnus,

I agree with you, but there are some scientists who state that the universe is eternal. See No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning

Oz

Cygnus,

I agree with you, but there are some scientists who state that the universe is eternal. See No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning

Oz
At least the atheist can believe in something that is eternal....that's a start.

I think I undertand why they can't believe in a 6 day creation as per Genesis...
John 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

God hasn't granted them the ability to believe the truth.

At least the atheist can believe in something that is eternal....that's a start.

I think I undertand why they can't believe in a 6 day creation as per Genesis...
John 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

Cygnus,

God has granted them the ability to believe the truth. What do non-Christians do? 'The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness' (Rom 1:18 NIV).

In their wickedness, they SUPPRESS the truth.

Oz

Hello calvin here.

trinity.png

Go to website, right click on image.
select image url.
return here and select insert image.........image icon is just to the right of smiley icon.
paste image url and away you go.:coke

Cygnus,

Could it also be that the 6 literal day creation in Genesis is not an accurate way of interpreting it?

Just asking'.

Oz

Cygnus,

God has granted them the ability to believe the truth. What do non-Christians do? 'The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness' (Rom 1:18 NIV).

In their wickedness, they SUPPRESS the truth.

Oz

What do none christians do? The bible says they face judgement. What des your bible say happens to them?

Cygnus,

Could it also be that the 6 literal day creation in Genesis is not an accurate way of interpreting it?

Just asking'.

Oz

No. The days are numbered and divided by the terms morning and evening. Take out the numbering of the days as well as morning and evening then the day-age guys might have a point.
Secondly the ten commandments back up the Genesis account when it too tells us it was six days of creation than a day of rest.
....and that's just the beginning of the problems with a day-age account of Genesis.

All three persons of the Trinity know your thoughts, just as they do mine.

Alright, here is where I misspoke. What was meant is that you do not believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. The scriptures of Jesus being Baptized by John clearly illustrate three divine beings, making your position not untenable.

The Holy Spirit and the Spirit of truth and the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord are the One and the same Spirit. I don't believe in 3 Gods I believe in One God the Father and One Lord Jesus Christ. In regard to oneness the Father (His Spirit) is in the Son and God is Spirit. The Father directly states the Holy Spirit is His Spirit. Jesus (who has always been the Son) does seem to state the Spirit is a separate person from HIM. Again the Father does not.

Fathers promise =>In the last days I will pour out "MY SPIRIT"..
Father in regard to Jesus="Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put MY SPIRIT on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.
Jesus=>The Spirit of the SOVEREIGN LORD is upon me.....

God is Spirit and those listen to the FATHER (via HIS SPIRIT who bears witness) go to the Son.... "They shall all be taught by God"

The Spirit that Jesus sends He received from the FATHER, (acts 2)

Jesus calls the Father the one true God. If Jesus always was and always was God how then do you believe in ONE God for Jesus stated on the cross "Father into your hands I commit MY SPIRIT?"

Randy

Randy,

What you believe about the Holy Spirit being the Father's Spirit and not a separate person, is not supported by Scripture.

The Father is a distinct person where his being is referred to as a person by use of the pronoun, 'he'. See Matt 6:9-10, 32; 11:25; John 7:16-17; Gen 6:6.

Jesus, the Son, is a distinct person and is spoken of as 'he' and had characteristics of a person. See John 2:29; 6:38; 7:17; 11:35.

The Holy Spirit is a person who has attributes of personhood. See John 16:13; 14:26; 1 Cor 12:11. There are many verses that support the Holy Spirit as doing the activities of a person: Gen 6:3; Lk 12:12; John 3:8; 16:7-8; Acts 8:29; Rom 8:26; 1 Cor 2:11; Eph 4:30; 2 Peter 1:21, etc.

The Father is God. (Matt 6:8, 7:21, Gal 1:1);
Jesus is God from the beginning (Jn 1: 1-18);
The Holy Spirit is God (Jn 15:26, Mark 3:29, 1 Cor 6:19).

It doesn't say that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and that the Holy Spirit is not God.

It's too late to try to convince me that the Holy Spirit is not a separate person and is only the Spirit of the Father. How come? The Bible tells me so.

Yours is an unorthodox doctrine.

Oz
The Father does state in regard to the Holy Spirit "My Spirit" so why do you imply thats not what the scriptures state? It is what God Almighty states. The one Jesus openly calls His God. And that Spirit speaks what He hears from the mind of the Spirit. How then do you see a separate distinct person from the Father let alone believe in One God? Jesus as Gods firstborn has His own mind, will and spirit.
God is Spirit. His Spirit being His being is Devine as God is Devine.

The "head" of the body of Christ (the one I follow) calls the Holy Spirit the Fathers Spirit. So it is authorized to do the same.

The Spirit of your "Father" speaking in or through you.
Matt 10:20
Jesus=>for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

The Father does state in regard to the Holy Spirit "My Spirit" so why do you imply thats not what the scriptures state? It is what God Almighty states. The one Jesus openly calls His God. And that Spirit speaks what He hears from the mind of the Spirit. How then do you see a separate distinct person from the Father let alone believe in One God? Jesus as Gods firstborn has His own mind, will and spirit.
God is Spirit. His Spirit being His being is Devine as God is Devine.

The "head" of the body of Christ (the one I follow) calls the Holy Spirit the Fathers Spirit. So it is authorized to do the same.

The Spirit of your "Father" speaking in or through you.
Matt 10:20
Jesus=>for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Why did you avoid dealing with the Scriptures and emphases I raised about the separate persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

By the way, it is spelt Divine and not Devine.

Oz

No. The days are numbered and divided by the terms morning and evening. Take out the numbering of the days as well as morning and evening then the day-age guys might have a point.
Secondly the ten commandments back up the Genesis account when it too tells us it was six days of creation than a day of rest.
....and that's just the beginning of the problems with a day-age account of Genesis.

We are off topic. The OP deals with 'Who made God?'

We are off topic. The OP deals with 'Who made God?'

Sorry...just replying to your question "Could it also be that the 6 literal day creation in Genesis is not an accurate way of interpreting it?

Just asking'."

....as to who made God? God always was/is and never wasn't.

Sorry...just replying to your question "Could it also be that the 6 literal day creation in Genesis is not an accurate way of interpreting it?

Just asking'."

....as to who made God? God always was/is and never wasn't.

Couldn't the agnostic say, 'That's your presupposition. I don't believe you. Unless you explain it by a natural cause, I will not believe you'?

Couldn't the agnostic say, 'That's your presupposition. I don't believe you. Unless you explain it by a natural cause, I will not believe you'?

They could, but they'll lose the argument when they try to use natural cause to explain how stuff got here..created itself from nothing..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back