Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY AM I HERE?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why am I here? Whether gazing at the Milky Way or sitting on a toilet seat, all thinking men and women have pondered upon that question at some time in our lives. The answer is not compound/complex, it is really quite simple; we are here to take a test. This is a test...this is only a test. To take this test is the only reason for our existence in the flesh, but surprisingly, very few of us ever give thought to this test, for the vast majority of us have no conception that we are being tested; but we are, every one of us. It is a test of faith. Put simply, we are taking a test to determine whether we will love God, and the things of God, or whether we will love this world, and the things of this world. "Well, I can understand that we should love God, but what is wrong with loving this world?" Satan is what's wrong with loving this world, for we are living in his domain. Satan is the prince of the power of the air, and all who love this world, and the lusts herein contained, are embracing Satan and his world.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. I John 2.15

So, our Divine test, FROM GOD, is to overcome Satan and his world, rebuking the sensual pleasures of this life while at the same time establishing our faith and love towards our Holy Father. Easy, right? Yeah, right. Everyone walking this earth has, or is, taking this test, from Mother Theresa to Joseph Stalin. And we only have our 70 years (for some 50 for some 90) to get it right. I'm wondering if anyone would like to give an update on their test?

Sometimes when you past one test, you feel like there's another one around the corner. Does anyone feel like that has happened?

Sometimes when you past one test, you feel like there's another one around the corner. Does anyone feel like that has happened?

That has been my life for the past three years.

You could say that way.

So you think it is a test of faith? Faith is then certainly a barrier. So, you think you are failing the test?

Hi Sourberry. Yes, it is definately a test of faith, and I suppose to many it is a barrier. I see it more as a challenge. Jews and Christians are taught to believe in God with all their heart and soul, but if we never come to the realization that God is real, that HE IS, we will never meet the challenge. I see you are not a Christian, so that probably means nothing to you. If you chose to stay that way, then I would take King Solomon's advice: Eat, drink, and be merry; for tomorrow ye shall die.

The good news is God's promise: as you behold Jesus, the Spirit of God has accepted the responsibility for you being transformed into what you behold. II Corinthians 3:18
Your part is to read the word of God.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news is God's promise: as you behold Jesus, the Spirit of God has accepted the responsibility for you being transformed into what you behold. II Corinthians 3:18
Your part is to read the word of God.
So why are we here?

We are created for His pleasure. From the first page of Scripture to the last, that message is clear. We are created for His pleasure. Further, the Apostle Paul wrote in Colossians 1:16:

For by Him were all things created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him.”

I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Jeremiah 1:5
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Ephesians 1:4

(We once walked with God in Heaven)

We exist to please God!

Hi Sourberry. Yes, it is definately a test of faith, and I suppose to many it is a barrier. I see it more as a challenge. Jews and Christians are taught to believe in God with all their heart and soul, but if we never come to the realization that God is real, that HE IS, we will never meet the challenge. I see you are not a Christian, so that probably means nothing to you. If you chose to stay that way, then I would take King Solomon's advice: Eat, drink, and be merry; for tomorrow ye shall die.
Thanks, your advice is very good.

What do you think of the test of love, as opposed to the test of faith?

So why are we here?

We are created for His pleasure. From the first page of Scripture to the last, that message is clear. We are created for His pleasure. Further, the Apostle Paul wrote in Colossians 1:16:

“For by Him were all things created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him.â€

I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Jeremiah 1:5
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Ephesians 1:4

(We once walked with God in Heaven)

We exist to please God!

Hi ilove. I agree, as it is written in Revelation, we are here for His pleasure. And I see you realize we were with God before being born of woman. What if, while we are in the flesh, we buy into the sinful ways of this world? What if we become a friend to this world and therefore become God's enemy?

Ye adulterers and adultresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. James 4.4

That is why, yes, it is important to please God, but we must also reject Satan's world. This world has chewed up many good souls. Thanks so much for the good input.

Thanks, your advice is very good.

What do you think of the test of love, as opposed to the test of faith?

Good enough Sourberry, I'm willing to call it a test of love, but we need to understand that the rules do not change no matter what we call our 70 year walk.

This has been my life forever. If I learn something major, guaranteed, I will have to apply it soon afterward.

Sometimes I have complained that He has almost no pity. But that's unconditional love. And God loves my spiritual self unconditionally NOT my carnal self. No carnal conditions may separate us. He knows I need Him more than I need them.

Hi ilove. I agree, as it is written in Revelation, we are here for His pleasure. And I see you realize we were with God before being born of woman. What if, while we are in the flesh, we buy into the sinful ways of this world? What if we become a friend to this world and therefore become God's enemy?

Ye adulterers and adultresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. James 4.4

That is why, yes, it is important to please God, but we must also reject Satan's world. This world has chewed up many good souls. Thanks so much for the good input.
Many believers do not understand James 4:4. Please make sure Christian Believer understand how important this is not to become a enemy of God by not making Christ and the Cross their objective.

We are here for Gods good pleasure as he created each and everyone of us in His image and placed on earth to take care of His creation so we can have pleasure within it. Unfortunately His image in us was tarnished as we became lovers of self rather than being lovers of God. We know God never tempts us, but will test our faith in those temptations of this world as we know it is Satan who is the tempter who can only try and steal our faith. I think the first Chapter of James gives us a good answer to why we are tested for the purpose of our faith that is Christ Jesus and to pass the test is to have everlasting life with Him.

For his glory :thumbsup

Rev_4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

For his glory :thumbsup

Rev_4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Great verse! we have been going through Revelation in our Bible study.

Back