Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why are furries not seen as true Christians?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Josh2010

If we are drawn to a non human form in terms of our identity but still believe in God, and live by the scriptures we can't be condemned by human beings. God did not make mistakes when putting in this world. We might sin in this life but our journey back to God is the same as everyone else.

If we are drawn to a non human form in terms of our identity
It shows that one has not fully understood who one is.

All humanity is made in the image of God, as it says in Genesis he made them male and female.
You may well be self identifying as ??? But that merely shows one is a sinner who has not accepted there role as a Christian in God's family, as a Co heir with Christ, part of a royal priesthood part of a Holy nation.

How does thinking one is a creature driven by instincts and desires, that does not have a soul, compare with what Jesus offers us.

Hey All,
You do realize Josh2010, if you were a furry you would be a senior citizen now. At 13, you would be nearing the end of your life. Still want to be one?

What are you trying to say? Being drawn to nonhuman forms doesn't make you nonhuman. Your 23 pairs of chromosomes make human and not anything else.

You are not condemned by humans. The Bible tells us how condemnation works. Look it up.

Please tell me what that journey is to you Josh 2010.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

If we are drawn to a non human form in terms of our identity but still believe in God, and live by the scriptures we can't be condemned by human beings. God did not make mistakes when putting in this world. We might sin in this life but our journey back to God is the same as everyone else.
Hi Josh2010

I would consider that such a drawing would be something that is evil within that person's soul. You may not realize it, but some, admittedly older and not practiced so much today, religious practices encouraged its practioners to sacrifice their children or other people. What do you think? Were they following the truth? Despite what one may believe about themselves, there are truths to contend with.

If a person was conceived in the usual way, i.e., where a man's sperm impregnated a woman's egg, there isn't any chance of animal DNA being present in their physical bodies. So, what they are living is literally nothing more than an imagined reality. Why the human mind and heart conceive such things is not clearly understood. But God has made it plain to us that our hearts are wicked. Paul writes in his letter to the Roman believers, "They invent ways of doing evil." This would be just such an invented evil conceived from our own wicked hearts.

I hope that you're not caught up in this issue, but if so, I'd encourage lots of prayer and serious time spent with the Lord in finding out what he knows and says about you. Not what some group that practices some wierd, though possibly exciting for a time, activity that degrades the wonderful body and creature that you are...in His sight.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Josh,
You've gotten really great responses.
The only thought I'd like to add is that you're right...
God does not make mistakes.

The problem is that all His creation is infected by the sin nature --
it is found in everything: Humans, animals, plants, everything.
Nature is replete with the sin nature.

Our goal in this life is to attempt to live it as closely as to what God would want as possible.
We all have our weaknesses - for some it might be an identity issue.
The point is that we're not supposed to give in to our weakness.

That would be like telling God that we know we're a sinner but we're going to keep
doing it anyway. A real slap in the face to our Creator.

I think that if you concentrate more on Him and less on yourself, you'll fare much better.

Every born-again person, every Christian, has an identity in Jesus Christ, they are "new creatures" in him (2 Corinthians 5:17). And it's to Jesus, not to some animal, that God wants you to be conformed.

Romans 8:29
29 For those whom He [God] foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son...

2 Corinthians 4:7-11
7 But we have this treasure [the Spirit of Christ] in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;
8 we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;
9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
10 always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
11 For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

How is your furry "identity" helping you live out your true identity in Jesus? How is identifying with what is lower (an animal) help you to live in the highest of ways, as a child of God Almighty?

God is preparing all of His children for an eternity to come with Himself. It is this forever existence beyond our earthly one that is the Real Life for which God has made all human beings. That life will be centered upon Him, not cats, or dogs, or family, or sports, or whatever. God is making us ready for the unending Real Life to come by teaching us now to be focused upon Him, not upon ourselves, or the noisy, corrupt World around us, or upon the dark deceptions of the devil. The more we are crowded up to God, desiring Him above all, the better prepared we are for the eternity to come. Does your furry preoccupation help make you more like Jesus? Does it prepare you for the eternity to come in which being a "furry" will have no place?

Hi Josh2010

I would consider that such a drawing would be something that is evil within that person's soul. You may not realize it, but some, admittedly older and not practiced so much today, religious practices encouraged its practioners to sacrifice their children or other people. What do you think? Were they following the truth? Despite what one may believe about themselves, there are truths to contend with.

If a person was conceived in the usual way, i.e., where a man's sperm impregnated a woman's egg, there isn't any chance of animal DNA being present in their physical bodies. So, what they are living is literally nothing more than an imagined reality. Why the human mind and heart conceive such things is not clearly understood. But God has made it plain to us that our hearts are wicked. Paul writes in his letter to the Roman believers, "They invent ways of doing evil." This would be just such an invented evil conceived from our own wicked hearts.

I hope that you're not caught up in this issue, but if so, I'd encourage lots of prayer and serious time spent with the Lord in finding out what he knows and says about you. Not what some group that practices some wierd, though possibly exciting for a time, activity that degrades the wonderful body and creature that you are...in His sight.

God bless,
Ted
I don't know if the drawing of furry/anthro characters is evil but I it is weird and has put me in a position where I don't feel like I can share it with others. Because of being judged for it.

But then if it is a evil distraction from God then I would understand why people are uncomfortable.

I do pray often to feel more normal and comfortable with the person that God made me to be.

Hey All,
You do realize Josh2010, if you were a furry you would be a senior citizen now. At 13, you would be nearing the end of your life. Still want to be one?

What are you trying to say? Being drawn to nonhuman forms doesn't make you nonhuman. Your 23 pairs of chromosomes make human and not anything else.

You are not condemned by humans. The Bible tells us how condemnation works. Look it up.

Please tell me what that journey is to you Josh 2010.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
I was speaking about the soul and why some feel different but I understand your points.

Every born-again person, every Christian, has an identity in Jesus Christ, they are "new creatures" in him (2 Corinthians 5:17). And it's to Jesus, not to some animal, that God wants you to be conformed.

Romans 8:29
29 For those whom He [God] foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son...

2 Corinthians 4:7-11
7 But we have this treasure [the Spirit of Christ] in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;
8 we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;
9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
10 always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
11 For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

How is your furry "identity" helping you live out your true identity in Jesus? How is identifying with what is lower (an animal) help you to live in the highest of ways, as a child of God Almighty?

God is preparing all of His children for an eternity to come with Himself. It is this forever existence beyond our earthly one that is the Real Life for which God has made all human beings. That life will be centered upon Him, not cats, or dogs, or family, or sports, or whatever. God is making us ready for the unending Real Life to come by teaching us now to be focused upon Him, not upon ourselves, or the noisy, corrupt World around us, or upon the dark deceptions of the devil. The more we are crowded up to God, desiring Him above all, the better prepared we are for the eternity to come. Does your furry preoccupation help make you more like Jesus? Does it prepare you for the eternity to come in which being a "furry" will have no place?
It doesn't help my relationship with God as it seems that a lot of furries are Godless. I think for a long time it was something that kept me strong as I had a hard time with the world around me.

I would like to believe that there is a place for me in Gods kingdom as I am but as I am getting older the furry thing seems less important than I used to think it was.

Hi Josh,
You've gotten really great responses.
The only thought I'd like to add is that you're right...
God does not make mistakes.

The problem is that all His creation is infected by the sin nature --
it is found in everything: Humans, animals, plants, everything.
Nature is replete with the sin nature.

Our goal in this life is to attempt to live it as closely as to what God would want as possible.
We all have our weaknesses - for some it might be an identity issue.
The point is that we're not supposed to give in to our weakness.

That would be like telling God that we know we're a sinner but we're going to keep
doing it anyway. A real slap in the face to our Creator.

I think that if you concentrate more on Him and less on yourself, you'll fare much better.
I do believe it is an identity issue and I have prayed more about becoming comfortable with the way God made me in his image.

If humans are made in God's image then it is an identity issue that I need to work on.

I don't feel a strong connection to the furry thing the way I do with the Christian community which has helped me through a lot of important things.

I do believe it is an identity issue and I have prayed more about becoming comfortable with the way God made me in his image.

If humans are made in God's image then it is an identity issue that I need to work on.

I don't feel a strong connection to the furry thing the way I do with the Christian community which has helped me through a lot of important things.
This is so great to hear.
You know, we all have our weaknesses.
I think the point is to acknowledge them but not allow them to cast us into the mirey clay.

I sure pray we're helping each other on this forum.

This is so great to hear.
You know, we all have our weaknesses.
I think the point is to acknowledge them but not allow them to cast us into the mirey clay.

I sure pray we're helping each other on this forum.
I was told by a lot of people to not become a Christian, a lot of people in the furry community did not accept me there as a believer in God.

Right now I feel less attached to the old group which I barely speak to lately. I think calling myself a furry Christian has no meaning like it did when I tried to be both.

It doesn't help my relationship with God as it seems that a lot of furries are Godless. I think for a long time it was something that kept me strong as I had a hard time with the world around me.

I would like to believe that there is a place for me in Gods kingdom as I am but as I am getting older the furry thing seems less important than I used to think it was.
There's room in heaven for everyone who loves God and is doing their best in this messed up world to follow Him.
:)

I was told by a lot of people to not become a Christian, a lot of people in the furry community did not accept me there as a believer in God.

Right now I feel less attached to the old group which I barely speak to lately. I think calling myself a furry Christian has no meaning like it did when I tried to be both.
Interesting.
They say that if you're rowing two boats,
One will sink.

Maybe not hanging with the old group is a good idea.

The Holy Spirit always helps us when we want Him to.

Interesting.
They say that if you're rowing two boats,
One will sink.

Maybe not hanging with the old group is a good idea.

The Holy Spirit always helps us when we want Him to.
I believe that God has helped me to move forward with my life and probably leave the things that have caused me to feel out of place with myself.

It's not easy to stop talking with some people that have been in my life for a while now. But I think I am already past that.

Hey Josh2010
Great to hear! I think many of us get involved in feeding the lusts of our flesh in our youth. I know I did. I wasn't born again until I was 40 so I had a lot of years of messing up and still do on occasion. But we have the assurance that Jesus died for all our sin.

God bless,
Ted

Either the OP or y'all are seriously misunderstanding what a furry is.

I'm a furry. I have been a furry for well over a decade.

It just means that I find anthropomorphized animals super interesting. I'm a fan of that concept in the same way one is a fan of Star Wars. I love media and art that focuses on animals with human traits. I may even make art and media featuring this concept. I may even own a costume of my own original humanized animal character.

Identifying as an animal or wanting to be one is an entirely different thing, those are known as therians.

If there is any issue with furries, it's just that the community contains a lot of sexualized art and many of the sexual arts in there focus on fetish material. But you can be in the fandom and just like the non-sexual aspects. We are not defined by that aspect, it's just prominent.

Last edited:
I don't know if the drawing of furry/anthro characters is evil but I it is weird and has put me in a position where I don't feel like I can share it with others. Because of being judged for it.

But then if it is a evil distraction from God then I would understand why people are uncomfortable.

I do pray often to feel more normal and comfortable with the person that God made me to be.
It's basically a bandwagon thing for netizens to hate furries. They hate furries because they only talk to people who also hate furries and therefore have a poor understanding of what being a furry is beyond stereotypes and the worst examples.

I can introduce you to a faith-based community of furries on discord, if you want.

I did, as a child, wish to be a dog. It was beyond playing pretend, I genuinely longed for it to the point my parents were seriously concerned about me.
If that had persisted, I'd probably now identify with the whole therian identity.

As it is, I think, for me, is was just another aspect of "severely restricted interests" that came with being an autistic child. I loved dogs and admired dogs so deeply, that I wanted to be the same as them.

Back