Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why are you on this forum?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Wrg1405

My guess is that everyone on this forum typed into google "Christian Forums"
If that's the case and you are reading this then you have joined this forum.

Why did you join this forum?

There must have been a purpose for joining this forum and continuing being here.

What was your purpose?

Is your purpose being met? If so why so? If not why not?
Has your purpose changed/moved? If so why so? If not why not?

Wow, lots of questions. I joined six years ago and to be honest I don't remember enough to answer all of your questions. I do know that I was looking for a Christian forum because I wanted to be able to learn and grow in my faith and was hoping to find a forum that seemed to express what understand to be Christian (Christ-like) values. CFnet was the closest I found and after viewing anonymously for a while and seeing how things progressed, I decided to join.

Is my purpose met? Yes and no but more yes than no. Yes because there are a lot of wonderful Christian members here on CFnet and I have been blessed by their wisdom. No, because it is discouraging to me is how some struggle to keep their emotions in check when arguing points in a debate. I can certainly understand it as I am probably no better. I honestly do not see this attitude as one that exemplifies a Christ-like persona. Scripture instructs us to be prepared to defend the hope that lies within us. Defend, yes, but we are also instructed to do it with meekness and fear.

Overall, I have been blessed, encouraged, and matured much in my faith since joining CFnet and I am pleased to be here.

I've been playing on forums for the past 10-15 years.

I started to make more friends from everywhere. I've visited (face to face) many of them.

I like the exchange of ideas and thoughts. Especially ones that are true. Some of them are "duh, Now why didn't I think of that?...it's so obvious" and others are just plain stupid.

Often when people post online they can't keep as much secret as they wish. And I get time to figure out the things that make them tick. It goes to creating a picture of people. It's the way they say things that matter...not so much what.(and the things they never mention)

I've had theological battles in my bathrobe (or less). I've had pillow fights in Starbucks. I've written love poems to sweethearts I will never meet.
I've met the great (in their own mind) and those who are giants on the world stage and on the baseball team.

These are God's kids. I want to have interacted with as many as possible before we get to Heaven... forever is a really long time to spend with people you don't know.

I tried one or two other Christian forums. One had live chat. I wasn't really into it. Too many people, I don't think there was any moderation going on, no way to connect with anybody at any meaningful level.

I found this place and signed up. That was a bit over 6 years ago. I'd been thru a lot, and I was living in a small, southern town in a different state from the small, southern town I spent most of my life in and live in now, with my people.

I was able to pour everything out on the forum, even more than I do now. At some point, I ran into legal trouble and got--get ready for this--bona fide, genuinely saved. Maybe I was on my way to knowing Christ, not simply knowing --about-- Him, for a while there? I dunno.

So, I got saved 4 years ago. Since then, I've been able to contribute to others' posts more, not simply take over (as much...). I've been challenged to look at my own life, problems, good things, everything, from a more solidly Christian worldview.

My purpose in being here has changed, to a point. Now that I know Jesus, and He's changed (is changing, will change) me, I "get it" to a greater extent than I did in years past. I've also genuinely, really--no! for real this time!--entered into "recovery" from electroshock and everything else from the life I left behind, that Christ saved me from.

CFnet is about as close as I'm going to get to church for a while, I think. I'm thankful for my time here, the people I've come to know (to a point...), the things I've learned, etc.

not sure how long i been here . when i first joined it was not very active. i like forums they get interesting . i belong to one that the mods are always editing my remarks lol . for the most this one is pretty good lots good discussions .personal feelings on subjects come out. i like that

I like forums and get attached to the communities there. A Christian forum seemed like a good step for me to take my faith more seriously.

Having been through the circuit of having to wade through the very slow process of examination of various church/sect doctrinal stances in a direct encounter/physical attendance, whatever you could slowly pick up from the pulpits and examining for accuracy/truthfulness or not prior to the internet, post internet sped up the examination information exchange. I no longer had to go to a freewill or determinist or orthodox or protestant sect to find out where they were coming from. I could directly engage/exchange with members, doctors of theology, church officials etc, all on line.

Started information exchange with believers online almost as soon as the internet age started because I was already hooked into information exchanges with the old DOS computer systems early in the computer age. It was and still is a wonderful venue to gather and compare information. And for the most part you get to know a lot of folk and where they are coming from.

Over the years I've met a few people that I've posted with online. Talked to some directly. Maintain relationships with some by phone, email, lunch, whatever.

I'd consider it "expanded" church. No sticks n bricks required.

I've also been exposed to some absolutely incredible theological scholars that I would have never been able to access or meet in real life and engage them, personally, not only within Christiandom, but Judaism, christian mysticism, obscure serious students in the realm of pseudepigrapha/accepted text comparative analysis, pocket sects, individual unique scripture analysts. On and on it goes. My "gem bucket" is quite large from this gathering.

Just a tremendous amount of general knowledge and exchange, realm specific. It also made me open up the scriptures, examine, know what I'm talking about. A great motivator for extended personal Bible studies. Even though I had engaged in that for quite some time prior to the internet, it's better to "test" conclusions with comparative analysis with others of like passions. I've dedicated a good portion of my adult life over decades to countless hours of Bible studies and comparative analysis. It's a personal passion. Not everyone has this specific passion. It's a deep love for Gods Words.

Posted here, off and on, for what? 13+ years now. Been at some boards even longer. Carm for example, though not much the last few years, but probably since Carm started. Visited with Mr. Slick, the owner, many times. The sister site to this one with @ .com address (not related sites) since it started. Too many to even begin to recount. Multiple dozens. And many obscure sites where they won't let you engage unless you prove you know yer stuff.

Last edited:
I was on a forum before this one, but because of a few members in that forum it baca me a cancerous place towards Christianity. I left that forum and looked for one that would be a good place to read and be apart of a Christian voice. From that I also left behind the intent to talk about other topics. A Christian voice in a world that seemed to be more and more negitive towards Christianity and negitive to God in general focused my desire. I can find that offline easily enough, but online my purpose was to find a place that is Christian and for Christians. I found this forum and stayed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back