Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why did God make mosquitos?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A few years back we were vacationing at Daytona Beach and went to the free tourist attraction of "Bongoland" . There were signs in the parking area that said put on mosquito repellant and we did and had to walk back out to the parking area and apply even more repellant :lol . Mean devils they were .
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/bongoland-ruins
I remember reading on that as the earliest amusement park irc.

There is the Turnbull plantation ruins near that and old Dixie hwy in bunnel that is made of brick

The earliest county was mosquito county and from it came all others eventually.escambia ,st.johns county .Monroe ..

Mosquito alley route and God ,good lord the old former marsh route fit that.i should post a thread on that with the one hundred years old survey plat which is still usable .that is three routes ,it was four .

Grenada , mosquito alley routes,patio and royal palm split ,and royal palm pointe

How bad is the pain?? I'm so severely phobic and avoidant I haven't been stung yet. I wish I wasn't afraid as I stay indoors during summer and any time I leave I'm scared but yeah :/
Hornets were the worst .

Meh a sharp sting and burn for an hour then the swelling because I have some allergy to them .

I got use to them in water meter boxes or near electric meters .

Hornets were the worst .

Meh a sharp sting and burn for an hour then the swelling because I have some allergy to them .

I got use to them in water meter boxes or near electric meters .
Ugh I am always afraid when I check my electric meter that there will be one waiting like hi wazzp up :lol
:cries:cries

Ugh I am always afraid when I check my electric meter that there will be one waiting like hi wazzp up :lol
:cries:cries
These usually would be wasps or beehives in a tree on some water pump for irrigation or a farm .

Or neglected houses. I had a house that was burned down that had a large bee hive next to the meter .

The worst two was the hornets while reading with binos

These usually would be wasps or beehives in a tree on some water pump for irrigation or a farm .

Or neglected houses. I had a house that was burned down that had a large bee hive next to the meter .

The worst two was the hornets while reading with binos
Which hurts more, getting blood work done or the stings? I think that'd help as I've had so many blood tests I'm surprised I'm not a raisin lol
Well my small town is rural and I live fairly close to the beach, there's a lot of greenery and farm land here so they basically like to hang out everywhere or at least it feels like that to me. Just talking about or looking at them I get nauseous and faint. I know they are little sh*ts lol but I really want to dismantle my phobia so I feel free. At the moment I don't understand how anybody can enjoy being out in the sun knowing those things are flying all around them

Lol.

Not as bad as the horsefly found only in Florida
I got nailed by one of those, too while servicing a pool. Hurt like hell. The wasp incident was when I was a kid. We had this above ground swimming pool and it had a 4 or 5 inch overlap around the top of the pool.

The evil built it's nest under there. I didn't know, and when I grabbed onto the side of pool, they shot out and started attacking me. Literally sneezing non-stop for two hours. Thought I was gonna die for sure. Lol.

Round island route ,st Christopher lane irrigation meter by the wall and electric meter next to it .

Missing a few .that's an old meter photo about 8 years ago .

I know I posted it in the route pic thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back