Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Why did this have to happen? please pray for me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

xhayatox

Three nights ago, I was getting ready to go to sleep normally like I do every night. As I was laying awake, I started experiencing unusual ringing sensations in my ears and I started getting extremely worried and scared and that resulted in me having a panic attack. My heart started racing, I burst into tears, ran to get my bible and cried myself to sleep. I wasn't sure why all of that happened. Due to that panic attack, I ended up missing work, and missed my last day of job training and now I may not have the job anymore. What I don't understand is, why did this have to happen? Since that night, I haven't been able to eat normally, sleep normally, or function properly. I have been in a state of paranoia since then because of this strange ringing sensation in my ears. I notice that when I'm in a quiet room, It's not there. But when I sit next to my computer, or near an Air Conditioner, I start hearing it. So from what I understand, my ears are strangely picking up weird ringing sensations from electrical devices. I have never experienced anything like this before. So now, whenever I am walking around the house, I stop every few minutes to see if the ringing is present or not, and it's making me really paranoid. Sometimes, I can notice it, sometimes I can't. It's been really taking a toll on me. I finally managed to get some sleep tonight peacefully.

It's really been scaring me, but I feel a little better today. My moms friend came over and performed Reiki on me, which is spiritual healing and afterwards it calmed me down a bit. Anyway, I just don't understand why this had to happen so suddenly. I don't know. I just went to sleep normally that night and look what happened. I don't know what caused all of this. Perhaps stress from work? Could this all just be side effects of anxiety? I pray to God that this will all be behind me soon. Please guys, pray for my well-being. Pray that I am not growing delusional, and that I will be okay. My mental state is not in good shape, and I am only 18 and I feel very wise at my age, but to be honest, I feel so unhappy. My overall mental state is not in good health, and I just need some peace within my mind. Please pray that the Lord will heal my afflictions, and may forgive me for my sins and please allow things to back to normal. Thank you guys so much.

I'd suggest you look up "tinnitus". It's very common.

Yeah I looked that up. But I just don't want to believe that I may have it. Because before last week, I have never experienced anything like this before. I don't listen to loud music. I don't blast loud music. And I only notice the ringing when I'm around my compute or Air Conditioner. Which doesn't make any sense at all. And I am under a lot of stress, so the only thing I can think of is some sort of anxiety-based reason.

OK, there are several things here.

First, ringing in the ears is a very common thing. It's called Tinnitus. It can be caused by a number of things, common ordinary things such as working in a loud environment or drinking a lot of coffee or Pepsi (caffeine), or taking asprin. Tinnitus is sort of like the common cold...doctor's really don't do a whole lot about it unless it's combined with other more serious symptoms.

Secondly, having a Reiki performed on you was not wise as you are a Christian and a Reiki is rooted in paganism. God does not want His children messing around with paganism in such ways. Pray to God for healing...don't rely upon pagan healing "life forces". Don't beat yourself up for it, just repent, ask forgiveness for doing something out of ignorance and don't do it again.

Thirdly, your real problem is the out of control emotions and paranoia you are experiencing. Is this something new? When did these overwhelming emotions and paranoia begin? Are you a user of any kind of drugs, including prescribed drugs? If you are on prescribed drugs, have you changed dosages lately?

Since the panic and paranoia is so severe that you are losing work because of it, you need to go in for a full medical check up.

:smt056 This sounds as if it has been very terrible for you. I'll certainly be in prayer for you. Do, do, do schedule an appointment with your medical doctor and keep in touch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I looked that up. But I just don't want to believe that I may have it. Because before last week, I have never experienced anything like this before. I don't listen to loud music. I don't blast loud music. And I only notice the ringing when I'm around my compute or Air Conditioner. Which doesn't make any sense at all. And I am under a lot of stress, so the only thing I can think of is some sort of anxiety-based reason.

At your age Tinnitus is more acute, but it does fade with age. It can be very irritating, but you should find some good tips on how to deal with it.

Our hearing changes with age largely due to tinny hair like cells called cochlea, in the inter ear. As we age these cells change structure and become less sensitive. You can even loose some. There are other conditions such as Otosclerosis, which is a type of arthritis of the middle ear involving two small bones called the stapes and the incus (I think) found in the middle ear system.

How do I know this? because I also had noticeable tinnitus when I was your age and I have Otosclerosis causing me to loose 40% of my hearing.

Did you have many ear infections as a child? Did you have tubes placed in your ear? And also did you have your tonsils removed?

So from what I understand, my ears are strangely picking up weird ringing sensations from electrical devices.
You understand wrong. The electric fields of motors and other electrical devices cannot be picked up by the ear.

I have never experienced anything like this before. So now, whenever I am walking around the house, I stop every few minutes to see if the ringing is present or not, and it's making me really paranoid. Sometimes, I can notice it, sometimes I can't. It's been really taking a toll on me. I finally managed to get some sleep tonight peacefully.
I am almost positive it is Tinnitus, irritating but not dangerous. I experience it quite often, and I just ignore it.

My moms friend came over and performed Reiki on me, which is spiritual healing and afterwards it calmed me down a bit.
I'm not comfortable with hearing this. Take Handy's advice.

You sound a LOT like my son Bryan, he suffers from Paranoid schizophrenia and sometimes obsesses on things like this. Counseling and medication have helped him. You may not need medication, but counseling would certainly stand a great chance of helping!

I recommend that you seek medical attention. Panic attacks are serious business, especially if they are so severe that they cause you to loose employment. I pray you have to courage to seek treatment.

I recommend that you seek medical attention. Panic attacks are serious business, especially if they are so severe that they cause you to loose employment. I pray you have to courage to seek treatment.
I agree. Assuming there is no financial impediment, I would suggest seeking advice from a "real" medical doctor. Perhaps the problem is phyisiological and subject to treatment.

I agree. Assuming there is no financial impediment, I would suggest seeking advice from a "real" medical doctor. Perhaps the problem is phyisiological and subject to treatment.

I agree. Sometimes, in fact, panic attacks have more to do with physical elements (while anxiety attacks haven't been connected to physical elements). Some panic attacks are connected with ear problems! Go to the doctor and check it out.

i'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult time.

i have prayed for you and asked for blessings on you ahnd all those you love.

i have had similar experiences but am fine now thankfully.

what i suggest you do is avoid things that cause you stress.

it will soon improve, i'm sure.
all the best!
nick

It doesn't sound like tinnitus to me. You said it's not there when you're in a quiet room or place, and tinnitus is worse in those situations. The "white noise" of tvs and fans and the like in non-quite areas tend to block tinnitus somewhat, and that's also opposite of what you say you're experiencing.

Sometimes foods or drinks we have can increase sensory perceptions accurately...sometimes less than accurately (like alcohol.) Since it seems to stick with you, I might think that it's a chemical reaction of some type, perhaps caused by stress as you mentioned, maybe in the inner ear (IDK I'm not a medical doctor) that is magnifying the normally unheard sounds. There are those who can hear such things ... I had a blind friend who could tune color tvs by the sound of each color!

However, considering your age, I strongly suggest that you have a complete physical and rule out any negative physical problems. How long has it been since you've had a complete physical? Be sure to talk to the MD about these sensations. He might order a hearing test, and you might find out you have exceptional hearing!

It's tough to be panicked, for sure. Remember at those times to breathe! Breath deeply and slowly...often when anxiety takes over we tend to hold our breath, and that makes everything feel even worse!

Trust God to keep you safe during those times, as well as all the time. He knows who and where you are.

Thanks for all your prayers guys.. The ringing has greatly subsided.. I have been able to sleep sound and peacefully for the last few weeks.. I no longer really notice the ringing. Whenever I am by my computer, I no longer hear anything. Also, I noticed something strange though. Whenever I would sit in my living room, the ringing was present there too. Then I closed my windows and it stopped. Then I noticed something weird was transmitting that sound and I was picking up so basically.. I don't really know. It's hard to say what I was really hearing the entire time. It's definitely hard to identify. I certainly hope what I have isn't Tinnitus though. If I got a psychical done, would they be able to determine if I have Tinnitus or not?

Considering that It appears to have subsided, is it safe to say that I don't have anything? I still hear a little ringing sensation now and then, but somebody told me it's just the natural ringing in our ears. Is that true?

ITS JUST SO HARD TO TELL WHAT IS NATURAL and what is NOT in our EARS/MIND. Every strange sensation I feel, I honestly feel like I'm going crazy. I don't know what is natural or not. Thats what causes me to get paranoid.

for Op stress wil do the strangest things to you. Reiki might help but will pale into insignificance as opposed to treating the problem.

You need to sleep knowing you are a worthy person to recieve and give love.

Recieve and give respect.

Matthew chapter 22

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus tells us here we must love ourselves.

The same love or care you project onto other people, want that for yourself too!

It is OK to love and care for yourself as much as you care for others.

Sleep and know people love you too and you love others in return.

What i mean by this is learn your work is not your life but you are! THe best way to care for whats important is to commune with God

for Op stress wil do the strangest things to you. Reiki might help but will pale into insignificance as opposed to treating the problem.

You need to sleep knowing you are a worthy person to recieve and give love.

Recieve and give respect.

Matthew chapter 22

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.â€

Jesus tells us here we must love ourselves.

The same love or care you project onto other people, want that for yourself too!

It is OK to love and care for yourself as much as you care for others.

Sleep and know people love you too and you love others in return.

What i mean by this is learn your work is not your life but you are! THe best way to care for whats important is to commune with God

Thank you very much. It's just hard to feel loved and accepted when I feel overwhelmed by lifes hardships. :sad I do believe that Lord is there somewhere in my life, watching over me closely. I just want to bring his presence closer to mine. More than anything. I just hope he acknowledges my suffering and knows how difficult it is for me. How unhappy I am lately, and how much I strongly desire to get my life in order and not to feel alone anymore and forsaken.. Please jesus christ. Hear me dear lord ):

Thank you very much. It's just hard to feel loved and accepted when I feel overwhelmed by lifes hardships. :sad I do believe that Lord is there somewhere in my life, watching over me closely. I just want to bring his presence closer to mine. More than anything. I just hope he acknowledges my suffering and knows how difficult it is for me. How unhappy I am lately, and how much I strongly desire to get my life in order and not to feel alone anymore and forsaken.. Please jesus christ. Hear me dear lord ):
i have had lots of crappy times too and it sorta engulfs your whole life.

I am hearing your depression. if its really bad get professional help. talking to somebody is recommended if you have been feeling down for a few months or less.

My favorite joke in times like that is- The light at the end of the tunnel would most likely be an oncoming train.

When you are broken God has a fresh piece of modelling clay he can make something really good with. God does not call the equipped, he equips the called.

Just trust. I know it sux being down but hang in there a while, you'll learn something and it will benefit you in good times and make you more robust in character.

I know exactly how you feel today, I haven't had too many panic attacks, but my squirrel disappeared and I know that she died alone somewhere, and it's just making me crazy with grief and sadness. I guess I felt so alone, also, and I vastly underestimated my feelings for her. She would lick my neck, lovingly, play with my hair to tease me, you would never imagine a squirrel could be so animated. In reality, they are bigger pranksters than in the movies. she would smile real big when she was happy, and frown if she did not like something, she would smirk knowingly when I called her 'prankster'.
When you have an animal friend that loves you, it's for real, that bond of love and that mental bond of communication is so real and when she died, I felt it sting so bad I feel like i've been having a panic attack all day.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back