Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why didn't CHRIST invite doctors?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

CHRIST didn't invite doctors... right? HE wouldn't need them...huh?

Some people believe Prayer may be okay but medicine does the healing. In fact they don't bother to pray in times of sickness. Their doctors are the solution.

Why didn't the sick people of those days run after doctors? They relied solely on JESUS for complete healing which medicine didn't provide.

How about today? Has CHRIST departed from us? Is that the reason why majority prefer hospitals? HE is with man - always.

Some people believe Prayer may be okay but medicine does the healing. In fact they don't bother to pray in times of sickness. Their doctors are the solution.

Why didn't the sick people of those days run after doctors? They relied solely on JESUS for complete healing which medicine didn't provide.

They did use doctors as the scripture clearly states in the case of the woman ill for 18 yrs. to no avail.
They saw Jesus healing people who doctors couldn't heal, miracles, so they turned to Him for a miracle, the blind see, the lame walk. The Apostles AND the disciples of Christ and them, also did these things.

How about today? Has CHRIST departed from us? Is that the reason why majority prefer hospitals? HE is with man - always.

Nope, He hasn't departed us. It appears to me that the further the church was distanced from the time of Christ and the Apostles faith in the gifts decreased. We cannot blame people. There are faked healings, there are emotional testimonies based on little evidence, there are leaders who pressure people in front of audiences to give testimonies that may or may not be true, and there are churches that teach all the gifts ceased. Not only that they teach that any use of the gifts today are not of God. So if they are not of God they must be of the devil. When there is true evidence of a healing, MRI's whatever then the devil healed them?
Is it any wonder that there is little faith that the Lord still uses His people to heal the sick?

A few different paragraphs from the net....

Luke, a native of Antioch, by profession, was a physician.[6] He had become a disciple of the apostle Paul and later followed Paul until his [Paul's] martyrdom. Having served the Lord continuously, unmarried and without children, filled with the Holy Spirit he died at the age of 84 years.

Almost all that we know about Luke comes from the New Testament. He was a physician (Col 4:14), a companion of Paul on some of his missionary journeys (Acts 16:10ff; 20:5ff; 27-28). Material found in his Gospel and not elsewhere includes much of the account of Our Lord's birth and infancy and boyhood, some of the most moving parables, such as that of the Good Samaritan and that of the Prodigal Son, and three of the sayings of Christ on the Cross: "Father, forgive them," "Thou shalt be with me in Paradise," and "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit."

Saint Luke lived in the First Century A.D. He was a physician, companion to Saint Paul (with whom he traveled and preached the doctrine of the new faith) and Christian historian. His name is believed by some to be an abbreviation of Lucanus. According to ecclesiastical tradition, Luke was the author of the Acts of the Apostles and the Gospel According to Luke (sometimes referred to as the "Third Gospel"). Little is known of his birthplace, but it is an accepted fact that he was not of Jewish heritage. It is thought that Luke may have been a native of Antioch in Syria, but Greek in birth and education. Some authorities believe he may have been a Roman citizen.

Col 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.

Medicine wasn't as advanced then as it is today, so many medical condition that can be treated easily today just didn't have a medical cure then. So people often turned to miracle healers that promised them healing (also, doctors of those days weren't very far from practicing magic, too). Jesus didn't only promise healing, but actually gave healing to those that were afflicted by illness.

Nowadays while spiritual healing still exists, medical cure exists, too, and if it's only about recovery, then why not turn to doctors that can effectively and quickly heal us? There are still so many diseases and illnesses that cannot be cured by doctors or people wihout access to doctors, that's where prayer comes into play. And healing our physical (and mental) illnesses wasn't Jesus' primary goal anyway. He wants to restore our souls. So it's probably okay to bring our sick bodies to the docs as long as we bring our sick souls to Him.

You have written brilliantly. It takes faith to believe. The same amount of faith one applies on taking some med and believing strongly on its efficacy ....is also the same you need for that ailment to leave your body. Truth is, many have lost faith in God. Believe it or not, some would prefer to struggle out of Christ's grip and go for a doc.

They did use doctors as the scripture clearly states in the case of the woman ill for 18 yrs. to no avail.
They saw Jesus healing people who doctors couldn't heal, miracles, so they turned to Him for a miracle, the blind see, the lame walk. The Apostles AND the disciples of Christ and them, also did these things.

Nope, He hasn't departed us. It appears to me that the further the church was distanced from the time of Christ and the Apostles faith in the gifts decreased. We cannot blame people. There are faked healings, there are emotional testimonies based on little evidence, there are leaders who pressure people in front of audiences to give testimonies that may or may not be true, and there are churches that teach all the gifts ceased. Not only that they teach that any use of the gifts today are not of God. So if they are not of God they must be of the devil. When there is true evidence of a healing, MRI's whatever then the devil healed them?
Is it any wonder that there is little faith that the Lord still uses His people to heal the sick?
Hey Sister, I think what He meant was that people actually went to Jesus to get healed, as opposed to saying, "Nah, I heard about Jesus, but I think I'll see what doctors could do for me instead..."

In other words, going a step further - Jesus never said, "Oooo, uhhhh, never seen one of these before - you better go see a doctor, I just heal by faith, but there's nothing I can do about this..."
No, Jesus, the Spirit of God in Him and the anointing (which is the power of the Spirit of God) on Him and within Him, was far greater than ANY situation that came up, whether blindness, deafness, muteness, MISSING LIMBS, lameness, demons, you name it, God can do it.

And He is the same yesterday, today and forever; in Exodus He was the Lord Who heals you, and He is so today. He still heals and always will, no exceptions - the only ingredient necessary to receive healing is faith in Him (and His Word, which is really the Covenant).

Not sure what you mean by "CHRIST didn't invite doctors... right?" Didn't invite them to what? To follow Him? Luke was a doctor, and followed Him. Didn't invite them to help heal people with medicine because Jesus himself would heal all of them? Actually when you consider the number of people Jesus came into contact with and how many of those would have been sick, lame, or injured in some way, He healed very few. In fact, Jesus didn't heal people just so the people could feel better. He healed them to demonstrate the glory and power of God and establish Himself as the true son of God, and in all cases that's what was accomplished. Medicine and doctors are for healing the body to the best of their ability. Supernatural healing from God (as with all other miracles) is to bring glory to Him whether it happens in the place of medical healing or happens after all human medical methods have failed. This is why many people who have had very strong faith in God still do not get healed, and still die.

Not sure what you mean by "CHRIST didn't invite doctors... right?" Didn't invite them to what? To follow Him? Luke was a doctor, and followed Him. Didn't invite them to help heal people with medicine because Jesus himself would heal all of them? Actually when you consider the number of people Jesus came into contact with and how many of those would have been sick, lame, or injured in some way, He healed very few. In fact, Jesus didn't heal people just so the people could feel better. He healed them to demonstrate the glory and power of God and establish Himself as the true son of God, and in all cases that's what was accomplished. Medicine and doctors are for healing the body to the best of their ability. Supernatural healing from God (as with all other miracles) is to bring glory to Him whether it happens in the place of medical healing or happens after all human medical methods have failed. This is why many people who have had very strong faith in God still do not get healed, and still die.
What are you saying?
God doesn't want to heal me because he doesn't want to use my healing for his glory?
Please explain further.
Why does God omit my healing for his glory?
Scripture?

Thanks. I think TheCurseoftheRodain has clarified it all.

What are you saying?
God doesn't want to heal me because he doesn't want to use my healing for his glory?
Please explain further.
Why does God omit my healing for his glory?
Scripture?
I never said God doesn't want to heal you. How could I possibly know if He does or not? It's wise to realize we are hear to serve God, God does not exist to serve us.

Last edited:
Alright, granny. He didn't prescribe med to help CHRIST heal patients...did he? LOL
Do we know ? Is there Scripture saying one way or the other.? I dont think so.

In the words of Jesus:

Luk 10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
Luk 10:34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
Luk 10:35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
Luk 10:36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
Luk 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

No less the Word of God then

Exo_15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Hey Obadiah, you know that God's will is ALWAYS to heal you.
Consider the Word of God: in Eden, in GOD'S PERFECT WILL, there is ZERO sickness and disease. That was God's perfect will. It will be the same in Heaven, because those things end up where they came from, with the Devil in the Lake of Fire. So in both places where God's perfect will is being done, ZERO sickness and disease.
So what is God's perfect will concerning sickness and disease? He has a ZERO tolerance policy. That is 100% clear.

Now when Jesus, the actual image of the Father Himself, God in man's body, Who only did what the Father did and only said what His Father said and never did His own will, walked this Earth in the flesh, He GOT RID OF ALL SICKNESS AND DISEASE IN THOSE WHO CAME AND EXPECTED HIM TO.
He never one time left anyone unhealed that came to Him, recognizing that He was sent to them of God, standing in God's place, to execute God's will upon those would receive the Children's Bread (Jesus said healing is the Children's Bread - are you a child of God? Then healing is YOUR bread!).

Jesus never said, "Wait a second, let Me see if it's God will to heal this time...hold on...no, He said you have to keep it, you sinned yesterday...sorry." NO. Jesus healed them ALL - you see it was ALWAYS God's will to heal whosoever would be healed (EVEN THE PHARISEES - the power of God to heal them was present, but they wouldn't take it! Astounding!); those who would receive Him as Healer - their faith was what did it - He never said, "Be it unto to you according to MY faith." It was always, THEIR faith.

One of the biggest lies the Devil has sold the Church at large is that healing is hit and miss, sometimes God does and sometimes He doesn't, you just never know - that's a crock of trash.

Look at Isaiah 53:4-5 and then read Matthew 8:16-17 and see how it was physical healing (in addition to mental (for peace) and spiritual (for sin)) - and it was available even BEFORE the cross!

HEALING IS A PROMISE FROM GOD TO Y-O-U if you are Christ's. Gal 3:29, you be Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and every promise God made to Him, is to you now, as well as the promise of being heir of the whole world (Romans 4:13). Gal 3:8 - the GOSPEL was preached to Abraham (the Blessing, see also Hebrews 4 to see the Gospel (which is the BLESSING) preached to the Israelites, being blessed in the Promised Land of milk and honey that flowed) and now in Gal 3:13-14 you see you are redeemed (bought back) from the curse of the Law SO THAT the Blessing of Abraham would come on YOU, and that is the Blessing of the Lord (see Proverbs 10:22, KJV).
Then you see in 2 Cor 1:20 that EVERY promise of God is YOURS in Christ, and they are YES in Christ and AMEN in Jesus. So there is no mystery here - God's will is for YOU to be HEALED and live in divine health. Anytime you see a promise, that is Y-O-U-R-S, according to God anyway - He's just waiting on you to agree with Him.

The Kingdom of God is within you - it is the combination of your heart and the incorruptible see of God's Word being sown into it to bring forth the fruit of whatever promise you are standing on. Then you must SPEAK and ACT as though you received what you stood on: Mark 11:24. Ka-BOOM.

Also see this:
Isaiah 45:11
Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

Looks like God does want to serve us after all.
Not only that but Jesus said you think I came to be served? No, rather to be a Servant. God's Servant of course, but serving who? Us. He didn't carry out the cross for God - He carried it out for us - He already had divine health, riches, wealth, wisdom, understanding, the Kingdom of God, the BLESSING (being fruitful, multiplying, replenishing, subduing the Earth, having dominion over all things), God's Favor, etc. He did it for US. He served and serves us.
Who is He making intercession for in Heaven constantly? God? No, US.

1 John 4:17 - as Jesus IS, so are WE, NOW, in THIS WORLD. Dwell on what that means for a while. That covers everything. Jesus also prayed, Father, YOUR will be done HERE on the Earth, JUST as it is in HEAVEN. So if you aren't seeing Heaven on Earth, something is missing. Seek the Word and appropriate what God has said is yours.

Consider also the Israelites IN the Promised Land - only 5 of the tribes TOOK their inheritance! Joshua had to come over to the other 7 and say what's up, yo? GO GET YOUR INHERITANCE! Judah was the only one who took as they should, much more than enough, so that the could be a blessing to everyone else. So it is today.
Most of the Church sits around, still believing the lies of the Devil (because that's what they've been taught through their teachers, as lies have been passed down generation after generation and few believe the Word, they embrace tradition and doctrine instead) about how they can't succeed, they can't have, they can't be victorious, they can't be healed, etc etc, so that they resemble very closely the world of unbelievers and they reach out to the unbelievers and say, look, my God can't or won't heal you/take care of you financially/prosper you/increase you/do only good to you/etc etc - don't you want to know my God? And then they wonder why they aren't interested in a can't-do-nothing-won't-do-nothing God...

In other words, God's Word is His covenant. Psalm 89:34 - My Covenant will I not break, nor will I alter the Word that is gone out of My lips. God is faithful to His covenant and will never break it. The promises are all in the Covenant - start giving your angels something to do (Psalm 103:20-21, Psalm 35:27, Psalm 23, Psalm 112, Psalm 103, 3 John 2 (ABOVE ALL THINGS - think about that!), etc, etc).

Ok, so then since Jesus healed, I think, 20 or maybe 21 people in his life on earth (I'd have to research to be sure, but its close), I guess you are saying that these were the only people in need of healing that he ever encountered in his travels? Just 20 or so. And just to verify; you are saying God is our servant, making all of us His master? Not the other way around?

Maybe you could answer Allenwynnes question for me then... Why doesn't God heal him?

It depends on how you define the word 'multitude', because if you define multitude of people as consisting of 1 person, then sure, maybe you're not that far off.

HOWEVER, if multitude is defined as the 1828 Webster's Dictionary puts it (the dictionary Noah Webster wrote to help educate children and people on the definitions of all the words in the Bible in English), it would be, "the state of being many, a great number, the sum of many, a crowd or throng; the populace - applied to the populace when assembled in great numbers"
Sounds like what we would call hundreds and thousands today; after all, Jesus died to make MANY righteous (how many is that by now? A few billion?).

Look at passages like Matthew 15 where ALL the people came from all over the place, bringing ALL their sick, demon-possessed, blind, deaf, mute, crippled, maimed, etc. He healed how many? ALL. ALL of the multitude, ALL of the MANY (which in God's terms for many can go at least into the billions as we've established above).
This is just one place, how many other places did He go at the direction of the Holy Spirit and the MULTITUDE or the MANY came out to find Him and be healed? Not one of those people was ever turned away.
1,000s at the least would have been healed. Minimum, if you add up all the times.

*I* didn't say God is My servant, HE said that. Are the Jesus Words red in your Bible too? Are we not reading Isaiah 45 from the same HOLY Bible? Did not Jesus serve His disciples? Are we not all His disciples today? Is He not still serving us? When did His service end? What Scripture indicates a definite ending point for that service? Rather, there is not one, because it's part of an everlasting covenant, established in Jesus' blood. The type of service God has sworn to do for us (see also where He told Isaac He would PERFORM the oath (or covenant) to him as He did for Abraham) is different than what the liberal media (framed by Satan for Satan's purposes) would lead you to believe (their definition of servanthood implies a savage slavery).

I don't have the time at the moment, but I will look at Allenwynnes question later today if I can.

No medicine brings dead people to live.

But you know they are not dead, they are asleep. They do not need a medicine, just a wake up call. But maybe you just want to let them sleep.

Are things much different with the doctors?

Back