Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do some Christians spend more time hating someone than..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

Why do some Christians spend more time hating someone than praying for someone? Wouldn't it be much better to pray for someone we may not like instead of constantly talking trash about them?

Maybe it is just me...but I do feel there is a very thin line between talking trash of someone and standing up for what you believe in. Politics tends to draw these lines a great deal. Just because someone might speak against someone's policies does not make that person someone who hates. Though....I guess...I can understand why it might come across that way.

Prayer really is key when dealing with one's enemies. I understand that. Nor would I discourage it.

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 5:43-48

unfortunalelty polictics can be divisive and very fleshly, we christians would do well to avoid the pitfalls of failing to remember that the person we are adressing has a soul and may need jesus.

jason

jasoncran said:
unfortunalelty polictics can be divisive and very fleshly, we christians would do well to avoid the pitfalls of failing to remember that the person we are adressing has a soul and may need jesus.

jason
:amen

pray for me now as i'm digging up munitions on :fullauto :fencing :twopistols my counters to those who disagree and i must remind myself of that above post

jason

jasoncran said:
pray for me now as i'm digging up munitions on :fullauto :fencing :twopistols my counters to those who disagree and i must remind myself of that above post

jason
:pray

Dave, a partial answer is in Galatians 5:19-21: the person is not really a born-again Christian. Notice at the end of the passage that Paul had a hard time getting people to believe what he was saying:

Ga 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Maybe hate is a sin and those people need the Lord more than those who they hate. Hating someone says more about the hater than the hated.
yours
ÒõýþüäðýóÖ

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back