Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do some individuals not believe in Jesus?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Solo

The answer according to Jesus Christ is "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God".
John 3:18-21

People dont reject Jesus because of a lack of knowledge on theology....

People reject Jesus because of a sin problem....

There are also those who simply don't believe everything they read...

Soma-Sight said:
People dont reject Jesus because of a lack of knowledge on theology....

People reject Jesus because of a sin problem....
All people have a sin problem. Some enjoy their sin and refuse to give it up for God's righteousness, and instead remain condemned.

Let me help your understanding a little bit with what Jesus is saying in this verse of scripture.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God".
John 3:18-21

Those people that believe in Jesus Christ are not condemned to the lake of fire for eternity, but those that do not believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God are already condemned to that lake of fire. The condemnation comes to them because they love their own evil ways over the righteous ways of God, therefore, they continue in their evil ways and refuse to come to the truth of God's Word, submitting to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. These who are condemned remain in darkness, already hating God's righteousness, and refuse to come to the light, which is Jesus Christ, because they do not want their evil ways shown to be wrong. Those who come to the light, Jesus Christ, come to him so that God's works can be manifested, and glory can be given to him.

Or could it be precisely as Jesus said, "No-one knows the Son except the Father, and no-one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

And again Jesus said, "No-one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

In another place the disciples asked Jesus, "Why do you speak in parables?" Jesus replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Though seeing, they do not see, though hearing, they do not hear nor understand."

I see this one as the issue here: "men loved darkness rather than light"

The point seems to be that some are given the option to see and understand,
and they possibly looked at the light and said "fair enough" -- but did choose
darkness anyway, because they knew if they would choose light their
darkness would be exposed. And their condemnation is that the loved
darkness despite all that (in full knowledge that there is an alternative).

Light was not unreasonable to them, yet they loved darkness more because
it kept their evil deeds hidden from public view. So what they really are guilty of
is that they made a bad choice, after been offered the opportunity to choose.

Geo said:
I see this one as the issue here: "men loved darkness rather than light"

The point seems to be that some are given the option to see and understand,
and they possibly looked at the light and said "fair enough" -- but did choose
darkness anyway, because they knew if they would choose light their
darkness would be exposed. And their condemnation is that the loved
darkness despite all that (in full knowledge that there is an alternative).

Light was not unreasonable to them, yet they loved darkness more because
it kept their evil deeds hidden from public view. So what they really are guilty of
is that they made a bad choice, after been offered the opportunity to choose.

Good day, Geo

Man will always choose that which he loves and we all love darkness thus we will allways chose it.

The question then become why "cause" do some men chose light while others do not?

I submit the answer is because of God.

Peace to u,

Bill

Possibly people reject Jesus for the same reason they reject Mohammed, Allah, Budha, or Harry potter.

Maybe they reject Him because they have not heard. Maybe it is because I need to love more, tell the truth of the gospel more, and shine brighter by feeding the poor, caring for the sick, and helping my neighbor. Maybe they reject Him because I need to pray, and fast, to God for their souls with a heart that is concerned about them knowing Christ, and having the mercy and love that comes with being part of His family. The Lord bless you all today as you go out as beacons into the darkness. Shine brighter in His joy, and I will too.

peace4all said:
Possibly people reject Jesus for the same reason they reject Mohammed, Allah, Budha, or Harry potter.
According to you.... And that reason would be?
:smt017

Mohammed, Allah, Budha, or Harry potter
What does Harry Potter have to do with the catagory? :smt102

I find simple ignorance a much more plausible reason than "people don't believe in Christ because they're evil."

Those people that believe in Jesus Christ are not condemned to the lake of fire for eternity, but those that do not believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God are already condemned to that lake of fire. The condemnation comes to them because they love their own evil ways over the righteous ways of God, therefore, they continue in their evil ways and refuse to come to the truth of God's Word, submitting to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. These who are condemned remain in darkness, already hating God's righteousness, and refuse to come to the light, which is Jesus Christ, because they do not want their evil ways shown to be wrong. Those who come to the light, Jesus Christ, come to him so that God's works can be manifested, and glory can be given to him.

For a cliff-notes summary you could say that..... Pride, Ego, and Selfishness are the three biggest factors of one who does not admit that Jesus is the "Bomb" aka "Mack Daddy" of the Spirit Worlds.....

I mean if Jesus comes up to you right now who in their right mind would say they are more righteous? Especially if He raised your dad cat in front of your eyes.... That is why it is hard to imagine people in Jesus time rejecting Him as He raises Laz from the Tomb or sticks the ear back on the soldier Peter jacked....

Selfishness, Pride, Ego..... Not letting go of these things makes it impossible to understand the mission of Christ.

Relic said:
peace4all said:
According to you.... And that reason would be?
:smt017

Mohammed, Allah, Budha, or Harry potter
What does Harry Potter have to do with the catagory? :smt102

Because they see those characters all as being mythical. ones that can;t logically exist, and do what they said they did. all were made up by man (except Harry potter) and they all did feats and things that make them diffrent them greater than regular men.

The love of Christ presents man’s spirit with an intuitive understanding that the mysteries of faith can be brought into existence and appreciated. Saying we believe in Jesus is not enough because some use Jesus name only to gain superiority. The spiritual mysteries of Christianity are given to us to be mastered, and they seek understanding, not only in reflection, but also in prayer and meditation. God is everything, which we try to represent for the intellect and is infinitely more so we pass from philosophical understanding to faith, and then we pass from faith to spiritual understanding. Spiritual understanding is an intensification of faith transforming it into a vision, an experience and a mystical union. This spiritual vision is accomplished by sacrificing the ego into total submission, a moment where we give ourselves totally to God. Ego is a kind of anxiety that ties the spirit down to the physical plane and allows no enlargement of consciousness. Thanks to the death and sacrifice of Jesus and his physical form, we can achieve wonderful spiritual heights. Jesus by his grace died for us and then rose again spiritually to resurrect our consciousness from our egos. May we all grow in the spiritual knowledge Jesus has shared with us and not just use his name to inflate our egos

mutzrein said:
ArtGuy said:
I find simple ignorance a much more plausible reason than "people don't believe in Christ because they're evil."

Ignorance of what?

Ignorance of the existence of Jesus Christ?

ArtGuy said:
mutzrein said:
ArtGuy said:

Ignorance of what?

Are you saying then that anyone who has the knowledge of Jesus Christ has placed on the them the responsibility for accepting or rejecting Him? And consequently if they accept him they are born again and if they are not, then they are not born again?

mutzrein said:
ArtGuy said:
mutzrein said:
ArtGuy said:

Ignorance of what?

Are you saying then that anyone who has the knowledge of Jesus Christ has placed on the them the responsibility for accepting or rejecting Him? And consequently if they accept him they are born again and if they are not, then they are not born again?

Tricky, isn't it? I have a young moslem friend who is well aware of Jesus Christ. He respects the name of Jesus. My friend was, however, raised a moslem and sees no reason to discard his beliefs for that of Christianity. He notes the arrogance and the hypocricy of some people in both religions. But ...he puts that down 'to people' more so than the God they purport to believe in.

Do I 'do a Solo' and arrogantly tell my moslem friend that he has an automatic one-way ticket to hell? Am I shirking my duty as a Christian not to do so? Hmmm . . .

SputnikBoy said:
mutzrein said:
ArtGuy said:
mutzrein said:
ArtGuy said:

Ignorance of what?

Tricky, isn't it? I have a young moslem friend who is well aware of Jesus Christ. He respects the name of Jesus. My friend was, however, raised a moslem and sees no reason to discard his beliefs for that of Christianity. He notes the arrogance and the hypocricy of some people in both religions. But ...he puts that down 'to people' more so than the God they purport to believe in.

Do I 'do a Solo' and arrogantly tell my moslem friend that he has an automatic one-way ticket to hell? Am I shirking my duty as a Christian not to do so? Hmmm . . .
Oh, don't tell him anything and let him go to hell and find out for himself then. In fact, just give him solace and tell him that he is just going to cease to exist.

I would rather this be said of me . . .

You preached the gospel and sowed the seed and left the growth to God.

Better that than . . .

You hypocrite! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back