Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do we deceive the lost in this way to their destruction in our error of truth?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You do have a good point (which I've pondered before), but... a bigger point has been made, we're not the judge. Also, I agree that at a funeral, is not a good place to ask such a question. People are already feeling down because they've lost a friend or family member, and it would most likely be taken as disrespectful.

I know. I hear your loving concern in this, but...it is out of our hands at that point. Better I think to remain quiet on the issue and simply let your light shine before them. We should however, be careful in that situation not to inadvertently acquiesce to the lie. (do not tell them, oh he/she's in a better place). You don't have to lie. There is many things that you could say that would show love and support to the family without saying something that you really don't know!

Don't we all sin?
I have seen some ,so called born again, Christians act like a snake.
Fleshly things are of the flesh.
Spiritual things is His concern.

I leave that for God to judge.
He judges the heart.
Alcohol is an addiction, of the flesh.

I am not saying sinning is OK, but we all sin.
Nobody is/was perfect except Christ.

sin/
noun
an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
"a sin in the eyes of God"
synonyms: immoral act, wrong, wrongdoing, act of evil/wickedness, transgression, crime, offense, misdeed, misdemeanor.

Shall we continue in Sin? The answer is no!, Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7

2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7 for he who has died is freed from sin.

Last edited:
its not our job to tell how big of sinner the deceased is... its our job to tell them its appointed unto man once to day. tell them of the judgement we will face the giving account of the good and bad. the importance of making sure they are saved before the face death. that is my basic foundation of a funeral message. i never water a message down at a funeral. but there are those who do try to tie the preachers hands in preaching... maybe those who complain the loudest . should take the call to preach.:crossed

sin/
noun
an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
"a sin in the eyes of God"
synonyms: immoral act, wrong, wrongdoing, act of evil/wickedness, transgression, crime, offense, misdeed, misdemeanor.

Shall we continue in Sin? The answer is no!, Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7

2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7 for he who has died is freed from sin.

Hi Walter and Debbie
Yes, we should keep his commandments.
1John 1:8-10
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

I don't believe in the OSAS doctrine. ( once saved always saved)
I know an atheist that says he was saved once.

Matt.15:11
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man, but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Has anyone gossiped, since they have been saved?

Has anyone covet?

Luk 18:9 ¶ And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luk 18:10 - Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 - The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 - I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 - And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 - I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luk 18:9 ¶ And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luk 18:10 - Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 - The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 - I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 - And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 - I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Good post.

I am known for two things, my love for God's Worship Music and shooting from the hip. Just the same, I will never bne guilty of Judging the fruit, one way or the other, of a dead person. I have always thought my mom and dad to be in Hell, awing the Final Resurrection and the Great White Throne Judgment, the truth, however is they well might have repented one second before their last gasp of air and could be right there, on the other bank of the Spiritual River Jordan, awaiting my arrival.

Judging a person to be in either location is to play in the Devils mine field!

I am known for two things, my love for God's Worship Music and shooting from the hip. Just the same, I will never bne guilty of Judging the fruit, one way or the other, of a dead person. I have always thought my mom and dad to be in Hell, awing the Final Resurrection and the Great White Throne Judgment, the truth, however is they well might have repented one second before their last gasp of air and could be right there, on the other bank of the Spiritual River Jordan, awaiting my arrival.

Judging a person to be in either location is to play in the Devils mine field!
exactly all it takes is Lord Forgive me and be sincere . saying that before your last breath your slate is clean. ..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back