Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Do you Visit here?

Why do you visit 123 Christian forums?

• To Debate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To Fellowship with like-minded believers

• Other (please explain in comment)

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
golfjack said:
Too many are mind led and not Spirit led. That is the problem as I see it.

May God bless, Golfjack
Since you have drawn this conclusion, you must have a basis for this conclusion that you can articulate to us. How do you determine that a person is led by the mind and not the Spirit?

Note that Paul writes the following in Romans 8;

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.

So we know for sure that the matter cannot be expressed in terms of "its either the Spirit or the mind". This text shows that the mind can indeed be led by the Spirit. Another example of the dangers of claiming that the products of the "mind" of the human are somehow necessarily at variance with the knowledge and wisdom that comes from God.

I come here when I'm bored and remember this place exists. And then, I just read the things people say, and rarely post. I am not very opinionated.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back