Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why does Satan get the blame for the crucifixion?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why does Satan get the blame from so many christians for 'murdering' Jesus? Satan seems to know the bible quite well. Surely he'd have known what God had planned? Wouldn't he have wanted to do anything he could to thwart God's plan and avoid the crucifixion happening? If Satan was behind the crucifixion he'd have been playing into God's hands.

Satan has been playing into God's hands since he was first made. For there has not been a day since Lucifer decided he was better than God that he has not been proven wrong.

LostLamb said:
Satan has been playing into God's hands since he was first made. For there has not been a day since Lucifer decided he was better than God that he has not been proven wrong.

:lol I like that!!!

1Cr 2:6 ¶ Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1Cr 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1Cr 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1Cr 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

satan did not know Gods plans for our remption and Gods plans for the glory of His church. The mysteries that we know and are manifesting in Christ are the things that prophets and angels desired to look into and now they are taught it by watching the church manifest Gods plans.

1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

1Pe 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.

1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace [that should come] unto you:

1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

ProphetMark said:
Why does Satan get the blame from so many christians for 'murdering' Jesus? Satan seems to know the bible quite well. Surely he'd have known what God had planned? Wouldn't he have wanted to do anything he could to thwart God's plan and avoid the crucifixion happening? If Satan was behind the crucifixion he'd have been playing into God's hands.
Yeah, but that part of the Bible hadn't been written yet and Satan's not omniscient. ;)

As I understand it, Satan was used by God to help get Jesus crucified. Judas was tempted and he took the bait, Jesus knew this would happen. After the crucifixion which was the most amazing act of love to have been committed in the universe, Satan was crushed. He unknowingly deceived himself and helped God!
He then had to go away and think of how to stop this amazing plan of salvation, he would obviously use the name of Jesus Christ to deceive men, which he has done well.
I think Christians who blame Satan for Jesus' crucifixion are quite confused and misinformed. Jesus gave himself up on the cross, he was not killed. This was all prophesised by Isiaah and in the psalms and Jesus even quoted from the scriptures in these books while He was on the cross..
Steve

http://getwiththeword.blogspot.com/

Orion said:
If the character "Satan" is, in fact, real, . . . .it seems that he's "on God's payroll". :confused

Yip, he is real and on God's payroll. Without Satan, we would never have the opposition of our Creator's amazing love to compare with. For a good explanation of why God would let Satan be the way he is
try reading 'Satan and his Kingdom' by McCallum. Plus, we were created to have free will and choice, not like robots, forced to love God is not in His plan.
:study

People are not forced to love God, if you would prefer to go to the darkness of hell then carry on living your life the way you think is right. If you would prefer to go to heaven and live in the light and glory of your Creator, start listening to Him. Simple as that.

Steve76 said:
People are not forced to love God, if you would prefer to go to the darkness of hell then carry on living your life the way you think is right. If you would prefer to go to heaven and live in the light and glory of your Creator, start listening to Him. Simple as that.

Oh, . . . it is SOOOO definitely a forcing.

Think of it this way. Would I WANT to go to a place of torture (what is believed by a huge percentage of Christian denominations)? Of course not. Having said that, "listening to him" is not something that everyone is capable of. I'm not. Not for lack of trying. Years of trying led me to this fact. So, do I desire heaven, . . . probably. I don't have any relevant information of the place to make an informed decision. Just the words in a holy book.

As per, "we are forced", it is true. A REAL choice would be God saying, "if you love me, you can come be with me forever, . . . . . and if not, you may go to this other place where I'm not" . . and the OTHER place is not a place of fire/torture/darkness/evil, but is pleasant in its own right. That is a pure choice. Not one based on a fear of death.

But since this is a "was Satan the blame for the crucifiction", this is all irrelevant to this topic. :yes

Does it bother you (anyone who wants to answer) that Satan and God have this relationship?

Steve76 said:

Steve....perhaps I am wrong here...but perhaps that could have been worded differently. With the way you said this...you make it sound as though you know the heart of another member here.Yes, we must strive to live in accordance to God's word...but let us not try to begin to act as though we know or imply we might know who is worthy of condemnation or not...please.

LostLamb said:
Steve76 said:

Steve....perhaps I am wrong here...but perhaps that could have been worded differently. With the way you said this...you make it sound as though you know the heart of another member here.Yes, we must strive to live in accordance to God's word...but let us not try to begin to act as though we know or imply we might know who is worthy of condemnation or not...please.

Sorry, but from what I was reading, I thought that I was replying to an unbeliever and was just referring to scripture. My apologies..

As for going off the topic subject, also sorry for that, I was just replying to a previous comment.

Steve76 said:
LostLamb said:
Steve76 said:

Sorry, but from what I was reading, I thought that I was replying to an unbeliever and was just referring to scripture. My apologies..

As for going off the topic subject, also sorry for that, I was just replying to a previous comment.

It is all good Steve...even I tend to get a bit of fire in my words sometimes.

No, . . .Steve is fine. I'm not really a "believer" any longer. :)

And as for going off topic, . . .I wasn't offended. :)

Does it bother you (anyone who wants to answer) that Satan and God have this relationship? God needing Satan to perform a service to "get people to sin" in order to "find those who really want to love him, for real"?

But since this is a "was Satan the blame for the crucifiction", this is all irrelevant to this topic. :yes

Does it bother you (anyone who wants to answer) that Satan and God have this relationship?[/quote]

It does not bother me that Satan and God have this relationship because they do not have a relationship as you imagine. From the beginning of time God knew exactly what was going to happen and as we see in Genesis 3, God advises that Satan's fate would end negatively. As it is written, we are in the middle of a universal spiritual war against good and evil. The only relationship I sense out of all of this is the one that God our Father would like us to have with Him, a fellowship of love and trust.

Orion, I do not think you were a real believer before to be honest. What version of that book of Holy words do you have and have you read much of it?

We are created with amazing attributes that God would prefer us to use in the best ways that we can. Satan does not get people to sin, he is the tempter and it is our choice just as it has always been as to whether we act on temptations. As God is Holy, then so are we to strive to be as Holy as possible and repent of the sinful nature that we are born with.
Jesus came to redeem us, to give us a chance of reconciliation with our Creator and He will be our mediator on Judgement day.

Orion said:
Does it bother you (anyone who wants to answer) that Satan and God have this relationship? God needing Satan to perform a service to "get people to sin" in order to "find those who really want to love him, for real"?

I am going to ask a questio in answer....why do you believe God NEEDS Satan?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back