Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The premise of your question contains an erroneous assumption. You imply that it is not racist for Ms. Obama to do so, when in fact it is every bit as racist as your hypothetical white individual.

I dont think shes making any erroneous assumptions..she was indirectly making the same statement you did,dark.

Ive wondered the same thing as have many others since Obama took over.It also seems acceptable to disagree with many of the other politicians out there,but as soon as one disagrees with any of obamas policies youre labeled a racist.Neither makes much sense,and Id be wiling to bet were going to see worse as time progresses.

a lot of African Americans dont vote. this is just an opinion i have come too, i know a good bunch that just dont care enough too. and she wants her husband to win so she asks her fellow African Americans to vote for her husband!

may come off as racist but im really trying to not make it that way!

I am a raciest. I like my own race the best. I'm German and I know Germans are the smartest. In fact I think it's time for a German President

German_Empire_Flag_1848.png

I didn't watch the video (sorry), but looking at your "complaint" I have a question:

Was she simply speaking to black members of her church, or "Black Church" members, because there is a difference between the two....

I am a raciest. I like my own race the best. I'm German and I know Germans are the smartest. In fact I think it's time for a German President

There was already a German-American President... Eisenhower. He was a good man, but he'd definitely argue with you about one race being superior to any other.

Also, German isn't a race; it's a nationality.

Also you misspelled racist, and it's not a typo because i is nowhere near e on the keyboard.

I didn't watch the video (sorry), but looking at your "complaint" I have a question:

Was she simply speaking to black members of her church, or "Black Church" members, because there is a difference between the two....

I have been in congregations at black churches where the message is blatantly political, and politicians are invited to speak.

I've never been in a mostly white congregation where that happens.

In my congregation of mostly blacks, where I've been a member for nearly 30 years, I've never heard politics discussed in the sanctuary. We sometime discuss politics among ourselves, outside the sanctuary, but never as part of a worship service.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would simply like a constitutional following president and congress that followed the federalist papers with that bias over the constution.

that is too much to ask.

I have been in congregations at black churches where the message is blatantly political, and politicians are invited to speak.

I've never been in a mostly white congregation where that happens.

In my congregation of mostly blacks, where I've been a member for nearly 30 years, I've never heard politics discussed in the sanctuary. We sometime discuss politics among ourselves, outside the sanctuary, but never as part of a worship service.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. "Black Churches," which are more like a separate entity have been known to include political news or views in the services. With other churches, this is very strange and not common. It seemed that Mrs. Obama was speaking at a "Black Church," not just to black members of a congregation.

The premise of your question contains an erroneous assumption. You imply that it is not racist for Ms. Obama to do so, when in fact it is every bit as racist as your hypothetical white individual.

As someone has said, your point and mine are exactly the same. The question is why is it it isn't racist for him and her to contact BLACK pastors and church members but it would be considered such if white candidates or their spouses asked WHITE church members to get out the vote. Anyone that would say that what Obama is doing is not racist is color blind or worse.

Why is it Michelle Obama can ask BLACK church members to get out the vote but if a white candidate or his/her spouse asked WHITE church members to get out the vote it would be racist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-v7_7Pb9U&feature=g-trend

Why is it that anytime one black person says something encouraging to another black person, whites, especially on Christian forums yell "racism." Since when is racism defined as two members of the same ethnic group/background agreeing with one another.

Come on people....we all know that racism is much deeper than that. Racism breeds, hate and injustice....racism says you can't buy a house on a particular street because of your ethnicity....racism says don't come to this place to vote or you will get your head bashed in...racism makes you go to the store thru the back door....racism says you can't eat in here or don't use our bathroom.....racism says use old school books and don't teach the children math....racism loaded up boats full of stolen Africans....racism loaded up trains full of stolen jews....racism hung many from trees and killed many in gas chambers....racism made people get branded on their faces and numbers burned into their arms.

Do we have proof that white candidates, who go to white chruches are called racists? Do you really think Mitt won't be speaking to his congregation or hasn't already garnered their support? Was the AME chruch founded to be "racist" against whites or was it because Whites didn't anything to do with "black" church goers. Can blacks speak in Mormom churches....Joseph Smith last I heard wasn't too fond of blacks. Is Mitt racist for being Mormom?

Is it really any of your business that in some black churches, people's social and ecomonic situations were and are traditionally discussed.

AME
The African Methodist Episcopal Church has a unique and glorious history. It was unique in that it is the first major religious denomination in the Western World that had its origin over sociological and theological beliefs and differences. It rejected the negative theological interpretations which rendered persons of African descent second class citizens. Theirs was a theological declaration that God is God all the time and for every body. The church was born in protest against slavery - against dehumanization of African people, brought to the American continent as labor.

Blessings,
Dee

First of all people of color have had such bad things happen to them from political America, until you have to kind of prod them out to vote. This stems from years of unfair treatment. It has gotten much better but it is still there.

The African Methodist Episcopal Church has a unique and glorious history. It was unique in that it is the first major religious denomination in the Western World that had its origin over sociological and theological beliefs and differences. It rejected the negative theological interpretations which rendered persons of African descent second class citizens. Theirs was a theological declaration that God is God all the time and for every body. The church was born in protest against slavery - against dehumanization of African people, brought to the American continent as labor.

Blessings,
Dee[/QUOTE]

I have nothing against the AME or AME Zion churches. I'm proud to have them as part of our Methodist history.

I attend AME worship and Bible study frequently and love their passion and theology. I don't love the political ranting and raving I sometimes hear at these services, even from pastors I'm otherwise good friends with (as well as being Masonic brothers with.).

Why is it that anytime one black person says something encouraging to another black person, whites, especially on Christian forums yell "racism." Since when is racism defined as two members of the same ethnic group/background agreeing with one another.

On top of going way overboard with a rant,this stand-alone comment reaches pretty far.I had a feeling this subject would touch a nerve with someone,but at least stick a little closer to fact.I was raised around plenty of southern whites,many of whom were highly racist and literally never saw the flags go up if a different race dared utter a word of encouragement.Ive also never witnessed anyone in christian forums sounding the alarm on such.So how about we ground ourselves in reality?

It is simple fact that under the obama administration weve seen several examples of what was voiced earlier in the conversation.Until he came along,I dont recall churches being under pressure for speaking out to the congregation.Now all of a sudden there is the threat of legal intervention and the removal of tax-exempt status for them doing s:ermur glorious leader stands at the head of this,yet he thinks its ok to let his wife outline the double-standard by speaking out accordingly.Their own past is very sketchy to say the least having come from a background of well-known racist churches and being on record with very racist and other anti-american comments.But you never hear that discussed for long.Conveniently its forgotten.

This further proves what I have seen as typical of this administration.Rarely can one criticize them without having someone spring forth to their defense waving the stereotypical race card like a neon red flag.

The point Im trying to reach here,though at length,is that many americans,white and black,recognize the mistakes,the hypocrisy,and the outright ridiculousness that is typical of this administration..and theyre tired of it.Ive met quite a few people..black,mexican,etc etc who are sick of the circus and are chomping at the bit for November to roll around with the hopes that we see a different candidate doing a better job.The initial post wasnt about blacks trying to encourage blacks and whites not lovin it..it was yet another average person pointing out the factual obvious.

Do we have proof that white candidates, who go to white chruches are called racists? Do you really think Mitt won't be speaking to his congregation or hasn't already garnered their support? Was the AME chruch founded to be "racist" against whites or was it because Whites didn't anything to do with "black" church goers. Can blacks speak in Mormom churches....Joseph Smith last I heard wasn't too fond of blacks. Is Mitt racist for being Mormom?

The better question would be "Does it really matter?".No.It doesnt.Noone here stated that black,white,mexican or swahili churches shouldnt be free to share opinions or support/stand against political candidates.An observation was made and a comment offered about the factual hypocrisy of our current regime..the rest is,as they say,history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back