Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

why is this forum only devoted to 3 religions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

huj05

ok, looking down, I see only topics on islam, christianity, and atheism.

I dont see hinduism, or budhism, or raoism or anything else.

why?

(note there are alot mroe islam vs christianity than atheism vs christianity)

It seems that christians and muslims just hate eachother. and atheists are a nuiscance. Why isnt there any hate on others? (i didnt count judaism because the whole jesus was a jew, you cant hate jesus ect..)

Please dont say "its becaus emuslims are wrong"

I'm christian, and don't hate muslims. What is your point? People post topics on what they're familiar with or interested in. There's alot of atheist and muslim apologist on here, hence the majority are related to that... not that complicated.

Should we not be glad that theirs not "hate rants" against various schools of thought or religious beliefs?

Actually muslems hate Christians that is why they kill them, and the Christian love the muslems that is why the feed them.

Your veiw is narrow to be sure.

But that is often true of those just looking inside the window from the out side.

hujo5: I dont see hinduism, or budhism, or raoism or anything else.

Gary: I am willing to discuss any of those religions... Hinduism, Buddhism or Taoism or Judaism. What are your thoughts? What do you know about them?

This is a Christian forum. Christian belief is attacked mainly by atheists and Muslims. I think that is why there are posts by atheists and Muslims here.

:) :)

no, I wasnt interested in starting one, I just sorta wanted to see if its the reason why the atheist forums i frequent dont have those religions on it alot.

Muslims dont hate christians any more or less than christians hate muslims. They show hate by flying a plane into a building, retaliating for america feeding weopons to what they oppose (note the weopons we give to israel, or we gave to other countries probably killed as many if not more than they did.)

"Good" Muslims kill for their religion... like Muhammad did.

Christians should follow Jesus' example.

:)

It is simply because unless someone brings up a subject it won't be discussed.

Very little discussion of Zoroastrianism either.

Not a problem.

other religions may get discussed, just be patient.

gary, many "good" christians murdered others, or waged war on others.

I havent read as much of the bible as you have i bet, i can guarantee it. But I have read numerous war stories where people were told by god to masacre babylon and the city of (i dont remember, ai, ur, or something small like that)

hujo5 said:
gary, many "good" christians murdered others, or waged war on others.

The point, hujo, is that if a Christian murders someone, he is not following what Jesus taught. If, however, a Muslim murders another person who is a "unbeliever" by Muhammad's definition, then that Muslim is following the example of Muhammad who murdered those who opposed him.

it depends how you take the bible into context. Jesus himself didnt seem to promote murder, but his father did.

(Joshua 8:1-29 NLT)
(Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)
(Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

especially (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

I am sure you are familliar with them.

then what about the whole, Jesus is god and god is jesus thing?

I know, this is partially off topic. We are comparing mohamed to jesus, not mohammed to god.

rez: Just for the record, atheism is not a religion.

I agree. No-one really believes in atheism... it is much more like a disease, a condition of the heart! Psalm 53

bad day

Gary_Bee said:
rez: Just for the record, atheism is not a religion.

I agree. No-one really believes in atheism... it is much more like a disease, a condition of the heart! Psalm 53

Having a bad day again , Gary?

Every day is a wonderful day rez.... I have the Lord to thank for that!

• "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:11

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit..." Romans 14:17
Joy, peace and understanding....

• "...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and selfcontrol. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23 Wonderful really!!!
Ever have those kind of days?

I meet and talk with Christians here... and that is another blessing.

• "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
Peace rez.....

:wink:

huj05 said:
it depends how you take the bible into context. Jesus himself didnt seem to promote murder, but his father did.

(Joshua 8:1-29 NLT)
(Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)
(Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

especially (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

I am sure you are familliar with them.

then what about the whole, Jesus is god and god is jesus thing?

I know, this is partially off topic. We are comparing mohamed to jesus, not mohammed to god.
Just for the record there is a big difference between murder and killing. God never says it is ok for murder, now killing that is a different story.

how is killing not murder?

v. mur·dered, mur·der·ing, mur·ders
v. tr.

1. To kill (another human) unlawfully.
2. To kill brutally or inhumanly.
3. To put an end to; destroy: murdered their chances.
4. To spoil by ineptness; mutilate: a speech that murdered the English language.
5. Slang. To defeat decisively; trounce.

Gods law says "thou shalt not kill"
going against gods law is, unlawfull.
burning people, is inhuman.

ok fine, instead of killing i can quote "murder"

Kill Brats

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)
(1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)
(Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)
(Jeremiah 51:20-26)

(Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing God.)

THose seem more like murder than, Kill Kill KIll.

and its still,THOU SHALT NOT KILL!

The comandment is thou shall not murder, but just incase your curious how I'm so sure about this.

Exodus 20:13 "You shall not Murder" [NKJV]

Exodus 20:13 "Do not Murder" [NLT]

Exodus 20:13 "You shall not Murder" [NRSV]

Exodus 20:13 "You shall not Murder" [NIV]

Exodus 20:13 "You shall not commit Murder" [AMP]

Exodus 20:13 "You shall not Murder" [NASB]

The Original Hebrew can be translated as both Murder and kill, the problem lies in the fact that some still think the KJV is the most literal translation. When In truth, the NASB is more literal and correct.

Murder is illegal killing. So by definition God can not order murder since the people said He is the law.

However, justifying all the killings that God commanded is another issue.

Quath

God is not the law, he is the giver of the law. He is not subject to the law he created or the law would be greater than him which would mean he could not have created it. Also, God can do whatever he feels he needs to do to any of his creation, afterall, it is his. He is justified in doing so simply because he created everything.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back