Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why study end times?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No one knows the day nor the hour of his return, but even if you did, what could you gain from it or how would you live differently? Escotology is the study of end times. While many may delve deeply into this subject, how does this advance Christ and him crufied. Where does it say in scriptures to to study this? Best for me is to tell others they need a Saviour and leave the time he returns to him. I know there is much debate and discusson about the Rapture, the time of his return and how it will happen and I suppose it has its place.
I will leave that up to others and declare him as THE saviour. I study Revelations somewhat and am familiar with the book and its beautifull and symbolic pictures. WE need to find Jesus Christ on every page of Scripture because the BIBLE is all about him from front to back. If God wants to reveal himself to us he will. Often times these deep studys lead men to draw conclusions based on what they think the scriptures say and anounce a date or establish a following of something other than Jesus Christ. For those who do study this may God be pleased to reveal himself to you. For me it is enough to know CHRIST is the Saviour and he WILL return at his time for his people.

yet you are here:) The topic is interesting. Great for discussion as long as we don't confuse it with salvation ... As in believe like me or you're damned.....

I don't think there's anything to worry about reba its not like the membership is lined up waiting their turn to post. Finding Jesus on every page of the bible is tantamount to discussion..

tob

No one knows the day nor the hour of his return, but even if you did, what could you gain from it or how would you live differently? Escotology is the study of end times. While many may delve deeply into this subject, how does this advance Christ and him crufied. Where does it say in scriptures to to study this? Best for me is to tell others they need a Saviour and leave the time he returns to him. I know there is much debate and discusson about the Rapture, the time of his return and how it will happen and I suppose it has its place.
I will leave that up to others and declare him as THE saviour. I study Revelations somewhat and am familiar with the book and its beautifull and symbolic pictures. WE need to find Jesus Christ on every page of Scripture because the BIBLE is all about him from front to back. If God wants to reveal himself to us he will. Often times these deep studys lead men to draw conclusions based on what they think the scriptures say and anounce a date or establish a following of something other than Jesus Christ. For those who do study this may God be pleased to reveal himself to you. For me it is enough to know CHRIST is the Saviour and he WILL return at his time for his people.

When those times come don't you think it will be important for the body of Christ to understand and preach to the world what is taking place? I do. With no outcome written false teachers could make up anything. A powerful delusion will enter the world at the time of the reign of the beast. The world will be deceived into following the beast because they have refused to believe in the Fathers message and refused to repent of their sins. Rev 11 is one last testimony or warning before the great tribulation and a sign that can't be mistaken. If anyone has any shred of faith they will be believe that testimony and signs given. So there is importance to understand what is taking place in those days. God must have though so or He wouldn't have given Rev to the church.

the reasons I bother with it now Is that it can cause some to fall away. that and im curious too.i have learned a lot about the tanach from these discussions.

the reasons I bother with it now Is that it can cause some to fall away. that and im curious too.i have learned a lot about the tanach from these discussions.

If one falls away because of a ET discussion then they really didn't believe the gospel message to the point they sought with faith the good gift. (Christ in US) That gift is freely given to those who ask by the one who Searches the mind and hearts of the people (assuming Jesus sees a sincere faith and love for God). What one should do is search the scriptures to see what is written as they are the teachings of one Shepard and therefore there should be consistency in what they state.

Note in the parable of the banquet all the excuses given for not accepting the invitation were rejected by the One who invited. That doesn't mean God doesn't "Love" as Jesus showed the greatest Love one can show on the cross and the Father loved by sending Jesus, (the Son He loves) to us.

The info (End times) was given to the Church. Gods wisdom was made known to the world through the Church. At least that was the intent. In this day and age with so much diversity one needs to examine the scriptures with care as to the making of books there is no end.

So to sum it up a ET discussion shouldn't keep one from Jesus. Its a excuse that won't hold up. And ET is taught in scripture by the Lord and therefore its lawful to discuss such things but everyone should read and search the scriptures themselves with so much diversity in what is taught.

R.

uhm, the churches taught jesus would come in the 1800s and date set. they used scriptures to make that position.in fact, some of this talk still survives.its called . pre trib, post trib and mid trib.none of that was even talked about before the 1800's .why is that?from that era we get the cults, the jw and Mormons. both of which also had some of that to them.

uhm, the churches taught jesus would come in the 1800s and date set. they used scriptures to make that position.in fact, some of this talk still survives.its called . pre trib, post trib and mid trib.none of that was even talked about before the 1800's .why is that?from that era we get the cults, the jw and Mormons. both of which also had some of that to them.

So if you searched the scriptures what would you have thought of such teaching? I know the NT and I assure you there is no date given. Only the seasons. For example I state that Rev 11 is a sign that can't be mistaken. And Jesus stated that even He didn't know the date the Father set by His own authority.

The foundation that was laid was done through the Lord and His 12 Apostles. Rev 21:14

R.

Without End time study, What is there to debate about. I mean seriously, you can go to Heaven if you believe it's all past away, pre or post. So, the best thing about End times is to prove your right, and everyone is just plain wrong.

Mike.

antichrist, beast, worship beast?

Hmm....Bill Gates, PC's, worship?? Just kidding. But I see how crazy ideas can get started, if one doesn't know what the Word says.

It is interesting and fun. The whole Bible is really. You find yourself jumping all over the place and going, Oh look there's Jesus Again!

Randy,I know what the bible says but tell me why men like adam Clarke,matthew henry, barnes, and also Justin martyr mentioned no such thing as a trib.

people do fall away. there aren't no false teachers on the air today? I mean like jack van impe, and others who date set?

It is interesting and fun. The whole Bible is really. You find yourself jumping all over the place and going, Oh look there's Jesus Again!

Where's Waldo for the Soul!

There is so much bad eschatology out there which distorts how Christians see the world, and how others see Christians, that it seems important to study 'end times' in order to harmonize it with the rest of the Bible. Most popular 'end times' schemas don't display Christian values and minimize the power of Christ, thus they contradict the Bible and must be false. Yet some Christians don't want to hear that.

Where's Waldo for the Soul!

There is so much bad eschatology out there which distorts how Christians see the world, and how others see Christians, that it seems important to study 'end times' in order to harmonize it with the rest of the Bible. Most popular 'end times' schemas don't display Christian values and minimize the power of Christ, thus they contradict the Bible and must be false. Yet some Christians don't want to hear that.

thus why I don't like futurism.

Just a short question. If you knew Jesus was coming at 6pm on the 5th of next month(of course no one knows, this is just a random date) what would you do? Would it help you? would you be more acceptable to God by something you did. Think about it.

God's coming back in his time and we need to tell others they need a saviour. Thats all..............Wait on him, warn others, and trust him completely

Just a short question. If you knew Jesus was coming at 6pm on the 5th of next month(of course no one knows, this is just a random date) what would you do? Would it help you? would you be more acceptable to God by something you did. Think about it.

God's coming back in his time and we need to tell others they need a saviour. Thats all..............Wait on him, warn others, and trust him completely

Well, one would hope to be more zealous, but then so many of the passages about the Lord's coming in the New Testament are combined with practical exhortation anyway...

Blessings.

Back