Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why this forum?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Ed the Ned

I have been asking myself why I use this forum! I thought I would ask the question to many. My reasons are that it has exposed me and continues to expose me to different thoughts and ideologies within the Christian realm. This has made me seek a clearer more defined belief structure based on the Bible. I have read veiwpoints that were different from mine and now I have seen through discerning things said, with Bible in hand, I had been wrong. It has also strenghened my belief that the Bible is Gods word. It has allowed me to vent on issues that concern me. It has shown me when to discern someones belief and when not to. It has got me seeking answers from God by asking questions I would not have asked in the past. I have met people that have a I believe live for Christ and I have met those who question everything, both have been interesting. Why this forum?

Well I can't add much to that.

I came here seeking the same as you, Ed and that's what I've got. It's great. :)

I like this forum because I can remain anonymous and I get to share the gospel. I think I have a lot to contribute because of my unique experiences as a Christian who has not gone astray.

JoJo said:
One thing I like about this forum is that it constantly keeps me on my toes spiritually.

Very true!!

Why this forum? We're all just one big disfunctional family. I seem to thrive in this type of environment. :biggrin

A good friend of mine invited me to this site, and I found a place that fits my personality to serve the Lord. Online Ministry! :clap :clap :clap

jasoncran said:
we have chuck norris here in a sense, what more do you want.

:hysterical

I've learned a lot by being here as well. I had never been involved in something like this, but my husband (then boyfriend) was on it all the time and invited me to check it out and I've been here ever since. I think it is beneficial to be able to chat with other Christians about things and learn from each other. :thumb

i joined to so that i could a fellow christian perspective on the current events,politicalforum.com was way to left for me.

I love this forum because there are so many good people around to share differing points of view. It also affords me the opportunity to learn and grow in scripture so that when I read or present a view, the view is tested and tried, modified or held firm.

I think that we have such a diverse group, that you'll always find somebody to talk to regardless of what sparks your interest :)

For me, it's negative. One forum is a Christian hate site. On another forum, Calvinists patrol the threads, starting fights. This forum doesn't have those things.

I'm in this forum and several others for something to fill in my many hours of tedious boredom. Being retired and not having any money to do anything or go anywhere, I need something to do. TV is very boring, and the language is getting more and more bold and offensive. I record all the shows I think I might want to watch and end up deleting many of them. Too often I start a show and hear right off the bat someone using God's name in vain, and I quickly delete it. Non-Christian Web sites have nothing to offer a Christian, and I've left Web sites that are not as Christian as they claimed--with unbelievers hogging the forums and criticizing our beliefs.

One Web site I went to, I got an e-mail from a moderator who said that I was not welcome to "talk religion" there. All I did was mention my belief and trust in the Lord. I told her I wouldn't go where my God isn't welcome and to delete me as a member.

glad to see you back, and yes tv has become soo hedonistic.

i have had to learn more on the biblical basics and how to defend them better than before since i came here.

My friend and brother Jon-Marc writes "I'm in this forum and several others for something to fill in my many hours of tedious boredom. Being retired and not having any money to do anything or go anywhere, I need something to do. TV is very boring, and the language is getting more and more bold and offensive."

Get yourself down here to Mexico, Brother! We need you!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back