Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Trinitarians And Non-Trinitarians Have Different Beliefs?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

WalterandDebbie

Sabbath Overseer
9-24-23

Trinitarians and non-trinitarians have different beliefs because they interpret the Bible and the nature of God differently. Trinitarians believe that God is one being who exists in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They base their belief on passages in the Bible that suggest the divinity and unity of these three persons, such as Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, and 2 Corinthians 13:14.

They also rely on the decisions of the early ecumenical councils, such as Nicaea and Constantinople, that defined the doctrine of the Trinity in response to various heresies.

Non-trinitarians reject the doctrine of the Trinity and believe that God is either one person or a group of separate beings. They base their belief on passages in the Bible that emphasize the oneness and uniqueness of God, such as Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, and Mark 12:29.

They also point out the passages that imply a distinction and subordination between the Father and the Son, such as John 14:28, Mark 13:32, and 1 Corinthians 15:28. They also question the reliability and authority of the ecumenical councils and the creeds that they produced.

The debate between trinitarians and non-trinitarians has been going on for centuries and is unlikely to be resolved anytime soon. Both sides claim to have biblical and historical support for their views, but they also have different ways of understanding and applying those sources. Ultimately, it comes down to one’s faith and personal relationship with God.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:
9-24-23

Trinitarians and non-trinitarians have different beliefs because they interpret the Bible and the nature of God differently. Trinitarians believe that God is one being who exists in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They base their belief on passages in the Bible that suggest the divinity and unity of these three persons, such as Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, and 2 Corinthians 13:14.

They also rely on the decisions of the early ecumenical councils, such as Nicaea and Constantinople, that defined the doctrine of the Trinity in response to various heresies.

Non-trinitarians reject the doctrine of the Trinity and believe that God is either one person or a group of separate beings. They base their belief on passages in the Bible that emphasize the oneness and uniqueness of God, such as Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, and Mark 12:29.

They also point out the passages that imply a distinction and subordination between the Father and the Son, such as John 14:28, Mark 13:32, and 1 Corinthians 15:28. They also question the reliability and authority of the ecumenical councils and the creeds that they produced.

The debate between trinitarians and non-trinitarians has been going on for centuries and is unlikely to be resolved anytime soon. Both sides claim to have biblical and historical support for their views, but they also have different ways of understanding and applying those sources. Ultimately, it comes down to one’s faith and personal relationship with God.

Love, Walter And Debbie
Where are those who know that God is a Spirit ? (John 4:24)
Which side are they on ?

9-24-23

Love, Walter And Debbie
WalterandDebbie, Is there a question that is being asked or did this get started in the wrong forum?

I'm not seeing a question. I'm seeing a proclamation or assertion. The Q&A forum is for questions about our faith and for others members to provide answers.
I understand, then please let me know what you are going to do about it since it seems to me like a question, or what shall I do?

Where are those who know that God is a Spirit ? (John 4:24)
Which side are they on ?
Hello Hopeful 2, Trinitarians and non-trinitarians have different beliefs because they interpret the Bible and the nature of God differently.

Each Christian should believe as Jesus has said concerning His Kingdom to seek it first and His righteousness and do His will.

Last edited:
Hello Hopeful 2, Trinitarians and non-trinitarians have different beliefs because they interpret the Bible and the nature of God differently.
Do you think there is more of a separation than the difference between the T's calling Jesus God, while the nT's call Jesus Lord ?
Jesus was the Word made flesh.
When the Word took on flesh, He gave up some of what He shared with God.
An eternal God can't be born, or die, but a man can.
I know that eventually God and Jesus will be rejoined to be one again as God and the Word were one.
As it is written..."And when all things shall be subdued unto him (God), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him (God), that put all things under him (Jesus), that God may be all in all." (1 Cor 15:28)
Each Christian should believe as Jesus has said concerning His Kingdom to seek it first and His righteousness and do His will.
Amen to that.
I don't really feel at this time that either POV hinders one's obedience to God.
Some just use it as a divider.

Do you think there is more of a separation than the difference between the T's calling Jesus God, while the nT's call Jesus Lord ?
Jesus was the Word made flesh.
When the Word took on flesh, He gave up some of what He shared with God.
An eternal God can't be born, or die, but a man can.
I know that eventually God and Jesus will be rejoined to be one again as God and the Word were one.
As it is written..."And when all things shall be subdued unto him (God), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him (God), that put all things under him (Jesus), that God may be all in all." (1 Cor 15:28)

Amen to that.
I don't really feel at this time that either POV hinders one's obedience to God.
Some just use it as a divider.
I would like to know what exactly you are praying about ?

9-24-23

Love, Walter And Debbie
There is no debate going on regarding the Trinity.

The question about the Trinity was handled by the Council of Nicaea in 325AD.

If a person wants to consider themselves a Christian, it is imperative that they believe in the Trinity.

The JWs do not believe in the Trinity.
Thus, they are not Christians.

It does NOT come down to one's faith and personal relationship with God.

OUR FAITH states that the Trinity exists because Jesus is God and we are monotheistic.

Also, the beginning of your post is incorrect:

GOD IS ONE BEING CONSISTING OF 3 PERSONS...

NOT one God in 3 persons. That's polytheism.

That our minds be open to His truths,
I was kind of surprised to see the praying emoji from you, and wondered what that was all about.
to do His will, Let me ask you also what have you been praying about exactly?
Lately...
For the health and heartiness of my old cat.
I'm afraid she's in her last few days.
For the repentance of pres. Putin, about Ukraine.
For the conversion of some that I deal with on line. (3 sites)
That my heat-checked tires don't blow out before I save up enough money to buy new ones.
For those I work with at the food bank I volunteer at.
For growth in grace and knowledge.
And thanksgiving for a hundred Godly gifts from God Himself.

Moving this discussion to the Theology forum because the OP is not seeking an answer to a specific question but is instead presenting a study of the concept of Trinity.

9-24-23

Love, Walter And Debbie

Why Trinitarians And Non-Trinitarians Have Different Beliefs?​

Good question in the thread title.

I think it just comes down to a number of things, but in my opinion Trinitarianism has to be taught whereas non-Trinitarian is in the plain text reading of the Bible and I think it is what most people will intuitively grasp when reading the Bible. It's actually a complex subject, highly debatable, and yes it has been argued about for centuries.

You may find that non-Trinitarianism is explicitly stated in the Bible, whereas the Trinitarianism isn't described or explained in the same way the Trinity doctrine is explained in the Athanasian creed for example. However, John 17:1-3 explicitly states there is only one true God known as the Father. Therefore, Jesus is a non-Trinitarian.

Good question in the thread title.

I think it just comes down to a number of things, but in my opinion Trinitarianism has to be taught whereas non-Trinitarian is in the plain text reading of the Bible and I think it is what most people will intuitively grasp when reading the Bible. It's actually a complex subject, highly debatable, and yes it has been argued about for centuries.

You may find that non-Trinitarianism is explicitly stated in the Bible, whereas the Trinitarianism isn't described or explained in the same way the Trinity doctrine is explained in the Athanasian creed for example. However, John 17:1-3 explicitly states there is only one true God known as the Father. Therefore, Jesus is a non-Trinitarian.
What do you make of John 1:1-3, 8:58, and 17:5 (cf. Isa 48:11)? It all forms part of the context.

What do you make of John 1:1-3, 8:58, and 17:5 (cf. Isa 48:11)? It all forms part of the context.
John 1:1-3 refers to the Word (logos) of God manifesting a begotten Son (John 1:14)

John 8:58 refers to Jesus being a man prophesied about before Abraham. In John 9:9, ego eimi is translated as "I am the man" in the NIV. So in John 8:40 Jesus referred to himself as a man then the context would be regarding himself as a man.

John 17:5 refers to Jesus pre-existing in God's thoughts and plans (the logos). Hence in Revelation 13:8, for example, Jesus is referred to as "the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world." But Jesus was not literally slain from the creation of the world; he was slain one time in Israel about 2,000 years ago.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back