Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why you cant lose your salvation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kidron

The only people who argue that you can lose your salvation are those who are..

A.) not saved.

B.) do not understand what GRACE actually is and does.

So lets just keep this simple.

To begin with, i can post all the wrongly divided and misunderstood... "lose your salvation scriptures"... that the deceived will post to try to harm your mind and your walk with God.

I can go directly to the book of Hebrews, (written to the Hebrews), and pull out the verses that most of you will use who think you can lose your salvation..
You know, the one about "if we sin willfully there remaineth"...
But i wont go there, because those scriptures are not written doctrinally to anyone who is saved.
You probably didnt notice that, because your limited bible understanding has concluded that........"if its in the bible, its DOCTRINE for the believer".
And of course this is nonsense.

I can go to Paul's comment about being a "castaway"just like you can.

I can post the scripture that says if you dont forgive, or if you deny Christ, .........""

But there is no need to do any of that because you cannot lose your salvation.
And again..........you cannot lose your salvation.
You could not lose it if you tried, if you wanted to, if you hoped you could, or if you decided you would.
Its IMPOSSIBLE to lose your salvation.
You cannot be Unborn again.

Now for the benefit of those Christians here who are worried they could lose it, or worried they did.
Let me assure you that you cannot lose your salvation, you have not lost it, and you will NEVER lose it.

Now, why does a person think they can lose their salvation.??????
Hebrews 5:13 tells you why......"For everyone that uses milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness, for you are a BABY""

The reason you think you can lose it, is explained in these 6 words from that verse.....""unskillful in the word of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

Now....are you watching the birdy?.........are you paying attention?
What does, "unskillful in the word of RIGHTEOUSNESS" mean????
It means a believer has an immature and under developed understanding of what JUSTIFICATION and IMPUTATION and REDEMPTION means.
It means that you have not even a basic understanding of the redemptive process that has happened to you, and if you did, you would never again even consider the possibility that you can lose your salvation.

Now, Let me ask you a question.
Do you think God is stupid?
Let me ask you again.
Do..........you..............think...........God is STUPID?

Do you really believe he would create a salvation that is based on the brutal execution of his Son, and create such a redemption so that you could easily mess it up after he did it?
Do you think God is going to offer you something so important and so costly that you can mess up after you receive it?
He would be STUPID to do that,.........as that is just "the garden of Eden deja vu Part 11"
Do you think God is going to go there again, and let you mess it up, as did Adam?
He would be a FOOL to do that......he would be ignorant to offer again the SAME situation into the hands of MAN,.... KNOWING what MAN will do every time.
Now you think about that.

Now here is what he Did.
The first time, he offered Man a choice, and man chose the apple instead of him.
The second time, God created a redemption that is based on HIM DOING IT ALL and APPLYING IT TO YOU for eternity.
Understand?
See, here is the thing about salvation..........YOU HAVE NO PART IN IT...........except to get it for free.
You dont earn it, you dont deserve it, you dont keep it.........you have NO PART IN IT, as God did the whole thing for you, complete with a sacrifice and a pardon, and all you do is TAKE IT.
And once you do, it is SEALED to you, it is become Who you ARE, it is become your new identity.
The thing you dont understand..........those who think you can lose it and would try to torture other Christians with your madness, is that God purchased you, he bought you with the blood of Christ.
You are the PROPERTY of GOD, and you are never going to be anything else.

Salvation is the means whereby God has become your ETERNAL owner........or as Paul says........."a bondslave" of Christ.
The bible tells you that ""You are NOT YOUR OWN, YOU ARE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE">.""
And the price is the Blood of Christ.
Do you understand that?

And you say......but what if i say......."G...Damn, .....or what if i get angry at God and tell him i hate him and hate his Holy Spirit ?.
So what.
Didnt you read in Corinthians where the boy was sleeping (sex) with his mother and Paul told the Church to forgive him?
YEA...
Thats in your bible.
All that is just sin....and all sins have been paid for.. and God does not even now or forever hold you accountable for them.
Did you ever read Romans Chapter 4???
God has replaced your sin with his Righteousness.
Done deal.
Your bible tells you that "God does not impute your sin to you".....Romans 4:8.
You better study that and get the revelation., and when you do, you'll know the truth.

And the reason you find this shocking is because you think you have some part to play in your redemption.... AND THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE "UNSKILLED IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS"...........REMEMBER????.
That is your issue......>Gotcha<.......and once you get the revelation that >GOD saved you< and YOU SAVED NOTHING AND CAN SAVE NOTHING..., you will be able to realize that this salvation you have, is actually the price that God paid with the blood of Christ to OWN YOU for ETERNITY.
God owns you, by right, as you gave him this right when you took the free gift.
You are HIS.....bought with the blood of Christ.....and the salvation you have is impossible to lose, because its HIS.........its not yours......IT HIS, he did it, and all he did was apply it to you based on your faith.

Now, had this salvation been based on you keeping it, or earning it, then you would have an argument.
You could say..."well as i did it, i can undo it"............BUT SEE, YOU DIDNT DO IT..........HE DID IT FOR YOU, AND WHAT HE DID, YOU CANT UNDO.......EVER<!!!
The salvation that saved you, is something that God did all by himself, that you have no part in......and he gives it to you.
And once he does, he SEALS it to you forever., or "until the day of redemption" of your body...is what your bible tells you.
DONE DEAL.
Eternally secure.
You cant be unborn again.

So, Saint, whenever you run across some ignorant, mentally twisted bible denying fool, who will try to convince you that you can "lose it".......just ignore them as if they were Satan telling you that Mary or water baptism can save you.

God saved you, and GOD ALONE keeps you saved, and thats the end of it.

K

Last edited by a moderator:
An unrighteous person sees everything one way. But if we can repent of sin by turning to God then we can also repent of turning to God by turning to sin. Are the ways of the Lord not equal...or are they falsely balanced as men's ways???

For more understanding of the freedom that God gives to His creation I suggest this book...

THE BIBLE!
wink.png

I cant help but wonder about a guy like Charles Templeton. Once he was a christian evangelist saving thousands with Billy Graham, then suddenly found himself rejecting Christ and became an anti christian type person for the remainder of his life. he even published an anti christian book.

You have to wonder if wilful rejection grieves the holy spirit-The unforgivable sin.

I guess we might have to leave that up to God to work out if we wil see him in heaven.

I would like to propose a counter argument.

You can lose your salvation by your own hand if you refuse it.
Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins."

I do not believe God is a fool. As such he would never create a loophole to abuse. By your words, it doesn't matter if we're slavering murderous lusting fiends that butcher people in the middle of the night or sweet angelic Saints that bring forgiveness and kindness wherever they go; both have the same chance to be saved. In fact, by your translation the Saint in the above example could have been born 'unsaved' and be damned to serve an eternity in hell simply because they got tails on some cosmological coin flip that God makes when people are born.

I believe that each person is fully accountable for their actions. And that each person is given salvation if and only if they willingly choose against hate, tyranny, and the perverse.

As for the Doctine of the Bible. The Old Testament itself is a series of scriptures that have been torn apart, translated, and retranslated an uncountable amount of times over the course of at least 3000 years. And this is just when it was finally written down as opposed to being supported by an oral tradition that wasn't the best at preserving messages. The New Testament on the other hand is much closer to truth than it's older brother, and even then only Acts and Paul's Epistles are the only books to have remained relatively unmarred by time. Our Book is old, much older than people realize; not to mention the nuances of other languages can completely change the meaning of some passages. To quote one popular example: Greek has 5 word for love, eros(passionate/intimate love), philia(friendly love/friendship), agape(unconditional), storge(parental or offspring affection), and finally thelema(desire or unwhole love). Taking all these into consideration, there is no unifying Doctrine of the Bible. It is culturally flexible in its message.

One can choose to go toward God's Gates of Heaven. We can choose to follow God or not. If He did then it would be a false victory; definitely something God doesn't value.

A.) not saved.

There should be a 3rd option:

C.) Warning people of becoming unworthy for kingdom of God and walk with Christ.

• (Luke 20:35) "But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
  • (2Thess 1:5) [which is] manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer;
  • (Rev 3:4) "You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.

Anyone can call themselves "saved", but that does not mean they are worthy to be with Christ. He never knew people who practice lawlessness.

I can go directly to the book of Hebrews, (written to the Hebrews), and pull out the verses that most of you will use who think you can lose your salvation..
But i wont go there, because those scriptures are not written doctrinally to anyone who is saved.

(Heb 10:23-27) Let us hold fast the confession of [our] hope without wavering, for He who promised [is] faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as [is] the manner of some, but exhorting [one another,] and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

• Does we and us exclude the author of Hebrews?
  • Is the author of Hebrews a believer?

I can post the scripture that says if you dont forgive, or if you deny Christ, .........""

You could not lose it if you tried, if you wanted to, if you hoped you could, or if you decided you would.

You cannot deny Christ, not forgive and do sin and be born again.

(1John 3:9-10) Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor [is] he who does not love his brother.

Born again is doing the will of the Father in heaven and being holy and sinless. Not eating your own vomit like a dog as in 2Pet 2:22.

(Matt 7:21-23) " Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Now for the benefit of those Christians here who are worried they could lose it, or worried they did.
Let me assure you that you cannot lose your salvation, you have not lost it, and you will NEVER lose it.

Hebrews 5:13 tells you why......"For everyone that uses milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness, for you are a BABY""

The reason you think you can lose it, is explained in these 6 words from that verse.....""unskillful in the word of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

It means a believer has an immature and under developed understanding of what JUSTIFICATION and IMPUTATION and REDEMPTION means.
It means that you have not even a basic understanding of the redemptive process that has happened to you, and if you did, you would never again even consider the possibility that you can lose your salvation.

Scripture speaks for itself.

(Heb 5:13-14) For everyone who partakes [only] of milk [is] unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, [that is,] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

(1Cor 3:1-3) And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual [people] but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able [to receive it,] and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. For where [there are] envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like [mere] men?

(Rom 8:6-7) For to be carnally minded [is] death, but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace. Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Hence, unskilled in the word of righteousness is carnal minded which is death and enmity against God.

Let me ask you again.

Do you really believe he would create a salvation that is based on the brutal execution of his Son, and create such a redemption so that you could easily mess it up after he did it?
Do you think God is going to offer you something so important and so costly that you can mess up after you receive it?
He would be STUPID to do that,.........as that is just "the garden of Eden deja vu Part 11"
Do you think God is going to go there again, and let you mess it up, as did Adam?
He would be a FOOL to do that......he would be ignorant to offer again the SAME situation into the hands of MAN,.... KNOWING what MAN will do every time.

(Matt 7:13-14) " Enter by the narrow gate; for wide [is] the gate and broad [is] the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow [is] the gate and difficult [is] the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Why is your stupid god contracting my Jesus Christ in my Scriptures?

Now here is what he Did.
The first time, he offered Man a choice, and man chose the apple instead of him.
The second time, God created a redemption that is based on HIM DOING IT ALL and APPLYING IT TO YOU for eternity.
Understand?
See, here is the thing about salvation..........YOU HAVE NO PART IN IT...........except to get it for free.
You dont earn it, you dont deserve it, you dont keep it.........you have NO PART IN IT, as God did the whole thing for you, complete with a sacrifice and a pardon, and all you do is TAKE IT.
And once you do, it is SEALED to you, it is become Who you ARE, it is become your new identity.
The thing you dont understand..........those who think you can lose it and would try to torture other Christians with your madness, is that God purchased you, he bought you with the blood of Christ.

Just because Spirit of God dwells in you does not mean He will not destroy you if you defile your body:
(1Cor 3:16-17) Do you not know that you are the temple of God and [that] the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which [temple] you are.

Just because you are sealed for the day of redemption does not mean Holy Spirit will not fight against you if you grieve Him:
(Eph 4:30) And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (Isa 63:10) But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, [And] He fought against them.

Salvation is the means whereby God has become your ETERNAL owner........or as Paul says........."a bondslave" of Christ.
The bible tells you that ""You are NOT YOUR OWN, YOU ARE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE">.""
Do you understand that?

Please read the verses carefully and in context allowing Scripture to interpret itself.

(1Cor 6:18-20) Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [who is] in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. (1Cor 3:16-17 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and [that] the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which [temple] you are.

It is true that we belongs to God. But, that does not mean He will not destroy the person who defiles His temple.

And you say......but what if i say......."G...Damn, .....or what if i get angry at God and tell him i hate him and hate his Holy Spirit ?.
So what.
Didnt you read in Corinthians where the boy was sleeping (sex) with his mother and Paul told the Church to forgive him?
YEA...
Thats in your bible.

(Matt 7:18-20) "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor [can] a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

God will cut down and throw into fire if any bear bad fruit.

(Matt 12:32) "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the [age] to come.

Which Bible are you reading?

(1Cor 5) ... In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. Your glorying [is] not good. ... Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, .. Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

• Paul is asking the church to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh (i.e, curse for a deadly disease in his flesh)
  • Not to have company with him
  • put away the evil person. i.e, shunning.

Where does Paul asking the church to forgive him?

All that is just sin....and all sins have been paid for.. and God does not even now or forever hold you accountable for them.
Done deal.
You better study that and get the revelation., and when you do, you'll know the truth.

(Heb 4:13) And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things [are] naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

(1Pet 1:17) And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay [here] in fear;

Now, had this salvation been based on you keeping it, or earning it, then you would have an argument.
You could say..."well as i did it, i can undo it"............BUT SEE, YOU DIDNT DO IT..........HE DID IT FOR YOU, AND WHAT HE DID, YOU CANT UNDO.......EVER<!!!
The salvation that saved you, is something that God did all by himself, that you have no part in......and he gives it to you.
And once he does, he SEALS it to you forever., or "until the day of redemption" of your body...is what your bible tells you.
DONE DEAL.
Eternally secure.

As explained earlier, the sealed Holy Spirit, if grieved by sinning against God, will fight against you. Do you want more proof? Read Heb 6:4-8.

(Heb 6:4-8) For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put [Him] to an open shame. For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briars, [it is] rejected and near to being cursed, whose end [is] to be burned.

If you become partakers of the Holy Spirit and bear thorns and briars, your end is being cursed whose end is to be burned.

So, Saint, whenever you run across some ignorant, mentally twisted bible denying fool, who will try to convince you that you can "lose it".......just ignore them as if they were Satan telling you that Mary or water baptism can save you.

K

(John 10:27-28) "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

You see, no one can snatch from God only those who obey His voice and follow Him.

I think if you were genuinely born again to begin with you wouldn't turn away from Him.

one truth:

You are absolutely right: it's being born again truly that counts first of all. 'Unto him that is able to keep you...' (Jude).

Blessings.

I use to believe once saved always saved, but got a new insight to this. In Matthew 10:22; 24:13; Rev 2:10 all says that to those who endure unto the end are those who will be saved. The end of what you might, ask the end of all the trials and tribulations we face daily in this word of evil wickedness that surrounds us and will wax worse and worse until Jesus returns in the air and calls His Bride to meet Him in the air, 1 Thessalonians 4.

Philippians chapter two gives us insight on how to endure by allowing ourselves to be humbled before the Father in all humility. Many come to the alter, but soon waver from it, but it is those who come to the alter of grace and strive to stay in the will of God through obedience to His word by applying it to their lives knowing that even when we face the evil of this world God is right there with us as we run the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1,2.

When we first accept Christ as our Lord and Savior through pure repentance we are only at that time saved or delivered from our past sins as we begin our personal relationship with Jesus and true faith in Christ will lead us into Gods righteousness for which we strive for daily by trying to stay in His will.

I use to believe once saved always saved, but got a new insight to this. In Matthew 10:22; 24:13; Rev 2:10 all says that to those who endure unto the end are those who will be saved. The end of what you might, ask the end of all the trials and tribulations we face daily in this word of evil wickedness that surrounds us and will wax worse and worse until Jesus returns in the air and calls His Bride to meet Him in the air, 1 Thessalonians 4.

Philippians chapter two gives us insight on how to endure by allowing ourselves to be humbled before the Father in all humility. Many come to the alter, but soon waver from it, but it is those who come to the alter of grace and strive to stay in the will of God through obedience to His word by applying it to their lives knowing that even when we face the evil of this world God is right there with us as we run the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1,2.

When we first accept Christ as our Lord and Savior through pure repentance we are only at that time saved or delivered from our past sins as we begin our personal relationship with Jesus and true faith in Christ will lead us into Gods righteousness for which we strive for daily by trying to stay in His will.

for his glory:

...but it doesn't depend on our efforts to 'stay saved', else we wouldn't be depending on the grace of God.

Hebrews 7.25: 'He is able to save'

Jude 24: '...able to keep'.

God saves and God keeps, and it's all of His grace.

Blessings.

PS: Admittedly, 'once saved, always saved' which I would believe in, can be understood in more than one way. Some folk mean by it, you can supposedly give mental assent to being saved and just keep fornicating, lying, etc. Evidently, as one truth said, they need to be born again truly in the first place. Blessings.

for his glory:

...but it doesn't depend on our efforts to 'stay saved', else we wouldn't be depending on the grace of God.

Hebrews 7.25: 'He is able to save'

Jude 24: '...able to keep'.

God saves and God keeps, and it's all of His grace.

Blessings.

PS: Admittedly, 'once saved, always saved' which I would believe in, can be understood in more than one way. Some folk mean by it, you can supposedly give mental assent to being saved and just keep fornicating, lying, etc. Evidently, as one truth said, they need to be born again truly in the first place. Blessings.

What I am trying to bring across is the endurance factor. We are saved by grace to those who have answered the call to salvation, but if we denounce the Holy Spirit in the face of adversity to save our own life then this shuts down the grace of God in our own life and are separated from God forever.

I would like to propose a counter argument.

You can lose your salvation by your own hand if you refuse it.
Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins."

I do not believe God is a fool. As such he would never create a loophole to abuse. By your words, it doesn't matter if we're slavering murderous lusting fiends that butcher people in the middle of the night or sweet angelic Saints that bring forgiveness and kindness wherever they go; both have the same chance to be saved. In fact, by your translation the Saint in the above example could have been born 'unsaved' and be damned to serve an eternity in hell simply because they got tails on some cosmological coin flip that God makes when people are born.

I believe that each person is fully accountable for their actions. And that each person is given salvation if and only if they willingly choose against hate, tyranny, and the perverse.

As for the Doctine of the Bible. The Old Testament itself is a series of scriptures that have been torn apart, translated, and retranslated an uncountable amount of times over the course of at least 3000 years. And this is just when it was finally written down as opposed to being supported by an oral tradition that wasn't the best at preserving messages. The New Testament on the other hand is much closer to truth than it's older brother, and even then only Acts and Paul's Epistles are the only books to have remained relatively unmarred by time. Our Book is old, much older than people realize; not to mention the nuances of other languages can completely change the meaning of some passages. To quote one popular example: Greek has 5 word for love, eros(passionate/intimate love), philia(friendly love/friendship), agape(unconditional), storge(parental or offspring affection), and finally thelema(desire or unwhole love). Taking all these into consideration, there is no unifying Doctrine of the Bible. It is culturally flexible in its message.

One can choose to go toward God's Gates of Heaven. We can choose to follow God or not. If He did then it would be a false victory; definitely something God doesn't value.

Well said!!!! :thumbsup

What I am trying to bring across is the endurance factor. We are saved by grace to those who have answered the call to salvation, but if we denounce the Holy Spirit in the face of adversity to save our own life then this shuts down the grace of God in our own life and are separated from God forever.

for his glory:

...then if someone apostatizes and renounces faith, it can't even be supposed that the person in question was truly born again in the first place. The 'everlasting life' promised in John 3.16 is everlasting and God keeps those who truly are His, and not just say they are.

(This is the problem also with some superficial evangelistic activities, whereby smiling and saying yes and giving mental assent are sometimes regarded as being the same as genuine, saving faith.)

A.) not saved.

So lets just keep this simple.

To begin with, i can post all the wrongly divided and misunderstood... "lose your salvation scriptures"... that the deceived will post to try to harm your mind and your walk with God.

You probably didnt notice that, because your limited bible understanding has concluded that........"if its in the bible, its DOCTRINE for the believer".
And of course this is nonsense.

Let me ask you again.

Now here is what he Did.
Understand?

Do you understand that?

So what.
YEA...
Thats in your bible.
Done deal.

And the reason you find this shocking is because you think you have some part to play in your redemption.... AND THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE "UNSKILLED IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS"...........REMEMBER????.
That is your issue......>Gotcha<.......and once you get the revelation that >GOD saved you< and YOU SAVED NOTHING AND CAN SAVE NOTHING..., you will be able to realize that this salvation you have, is actually the price that God paid with the blood of Christ to OWN YOU for ETERNITY.
God owns you, by right, as you gave him this right when you took the free gift.
You are HIS.....bought with the blood of Christ.....and the salvation you have is impossible to lose, because its HIS.........its not yours......IT HIS, he did it, and all he did was apply it to you based on your faith.

DONE DEAL.
Eternally secure.

K
I'm glad that is not the Gospel Christ gave to us. It is but your opinion based on your superior intellect that has seemingly outwitted even the Holy Spirit. You have a very conflated concept of salvation.

I notice that you gave absolutely no evidence that scripture even supports your assertions. Can you show that the Apostles actually taught this idea of yours to the early Church?

If you cannot where does the idea come from?

I think if you were genuinely born again to begin with you wouldn't turn away from Him.

NIV: Matthew 4 Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water’s edge. 2 He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3 “Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.”

9 Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.

Whoever has ears... We all have ears, but do we have ears to hear? If we do, then open them up, and let them hear.

Tell me, do you have sin in your life? You know, when you willingly sin, aren't you turning away from God?

NIV: Matthew 4 Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water’s edge. 2 He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3 “Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.”

9 Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.

Whoever has ears... We all have ears, but do we have ears to hear? If we do, then open them up, and let them hear.

Tell me, do you have sin in your life? You know, when you willingly sin, aren't you turning away from God?

S:

John 10.28:

The Lord Jesus said: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand."

He is addressing His sheep. Sheep are prone to wander, but they DON'T wander out of eternal life on Thursdays and just wander into it again the following week. This is not what eternal life is like. Eternal life is (gasp...!) eternal. John 3.16.

Here are some more great verses (1 Peter 1.4-5):

'you,who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.'[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

A: ... and the writer is talking about someone being converted, a good, Biblical word. You can't be soundly converted, and then on Thursday become unconverted and then the following month converted again. It's not what conversion means.

Is erring from truth the same as losing your salvation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back