Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wicca - an experience report

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think you had no business going to their meeting. I do not think it was the Christian thing to do.

Have you read what the Scripture say about such things? if so you went anyway? if not look them up and decide what is right.

Completely in Agreement with Reba. You don't know what your inviting into your life, your household, your family, these spirits are NOTHING to play with just for curiosities sake. I'm a curious person myself but I tell you its a curse to be curious sometimes if not all the time. Jesus Help us!

My neighbor is a Wicca. This means that she does not believe in our savior Jesus Christ or in God but to many goddesses and gods. She had invited me to go to an event of her group "Artemis daughters" the day before yesterday. Curiously what I am like now once, I consented.
Only women and girls sat in the room and a little altar on which strange objects were was located in the middle. A woman who imagined as an high priestess what similarity to a master of ceremonies had a little then got up. She explained to us why we are here. She then told something about the foundation of the group which mentioned her "a coven".
After she had sat down, my neighbor got up and talked about a goddess and what she meant to her.
Then suddenly some of the girls sang a Chant and I felt, which was no more in the room. I was at another place. Everything was so peaceful. A woman dressed into a toga then stood in front of me. She was lovely. She told me that I would be chosen and the if would have come the time, my church would be left and trained by a woman as a witch.
She suddenly disappeared and I was in the same room again.
I my neighbor whom this had noticed was whey-faced in the face, wondered whether I would have physical problems. I said no and told her about this vision, the dream, or what this always was.
She took me to the high priestess who insistently looked at me. She looked at me examining and frightening me for a long time. She then smiled. Then she told to me that I would have a dream soon by three of my female ancestors wanting to appear. They would explain everything to me.
What do you think about this?

The bible condemns this kind of association. Saul lost the kingdom because he sought help from a witch. Witchcraft is the house of Satan. If you are a serious Christian you will stay away from such. The devil is clever, and is like a roaring lion. The dead cannot speak. Allow yourself to be trapped into this is something the devil like. It is for your own safety as well as your family.

Furz,

It's sad to see you take the path you're heading down. God gave us all freewill, and you are free to leave Christianity if you choose. Many of the points you've brought up that lead you away from Christianity have been brought up by previous members and your story is really nothing new. But it makes it no less sad.

Your looking for healing and your looking for answers. I would warn you of Wicca because while it feels right at the time, it is leading you in the wrong direction. I believe it resonates with you because it's tapping into the darkness in your own life.. the pain, the struggles and the uncertainty. It is giving you something that you can grasp and feels tangible to you because you feel accepted and comforted. However, it is leading you away from reconciliation with God. It is leading you away from where true healing is freely poured out.

I am reminded of the woman at the well. She has had a life of pain and rejection. Jesus, the one who can offer her true healing is sitting next to her, yet can't bear, can't trust the words of Jesus so immediately protects her pain and loneliness by diverting and bringing forth the argument of the day.

May you not get caught in the argument of the day and though doubt has crept in and is leading you astray, never let go of your faith. Have patience, pray for wisdom and discernment and all will be revealed to you in due time through Christ Jesus, or savior. Don't let your feelings steal your reward.

I'm a little scared to wonder what Furz would have suggested to people in private contact with her. If you want to hear the testimony of someone involved with satan worshippers on demons impersonating the dead look up Roger Morneau on youtube. A very long, interesting and frightening account. I hope Furz accepts Jesus as her savior. I also pray anyone listening doesn't waiver.

I'm a little scared to wonder what Furz would have suggested to people in private contact with her. If you want to hear the testimony of someone involved with satan worshippers on demons impersonating the dead look up Roger Morneau on youtube. A very long, interesting and frightening account. I hope Furz accepts Jesus as her savior. I also pray anyone listening doesn't waiver.

Very nicely said, Gordon.

C.S. Lewis, in his forward to "The Screwtape Letters" noted that there are 2 mistakes believers make as it relates to demons. They can give time too little attention or too much attention. Be aware, be on guard, but don't be obsessed.

Very nicely said, Gordon.

C.S. Lewis, in his forward to "The Screwtape Letters" noted that there are 2 mistakes believers make as it relates to demons. They can give time too little attention or too much attention. Be aware, be on guard, but don't be obsessed.
Well said mike and exactly right. The only thing I would add is don't be scared of them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back