Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will Christians one day decide to not use the internet?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I mean when it comes to TV, I'm sure some of the shows I watch aren't the greatest. Nothing dirty in them but it's mostly just suspense or supernatural stuff. Things like superheroes and fighting monsters. I know it's all fake and I don't believe in it but it's good TV, good way to be entertained. As long as I don't start believing in witchcraft or with the Big Bang Theory believing in Science over he Lord.

Actually, there are some on this forum who have stopped watching TV because of it's content. I'm one of them. Over time there were fewer and fewer programs that I could watch without being conscience stricken, and then TV became my source of news and information. But for $80.00 a month it wasn't worth it.

But apart from us Christians who have rejected TV it is sad that Christians in general have not rejected TV programming that directly and flagrantly endorses and glorifies non-Christian moral principles.

I'm another one. Don't even own a TV after the last move. I gave up TV a few years back. When I called to cancel it and just keep the internet, they upped my bill! I asked why the punishment? They said no punishment, just a reward for havinfg both and bundling...I seen the snare there so said go ahead and up my bill, I don't want TV and wont get it.

There's a very few things on TV that I'd watch. News, Sid Roth's "It's Supernatural" and uh, I think that's it. But those are on the net too so I can still tune in to those if I want.

My daughter has installed on her computer and her son's tablet a child guard software program. It blocks all websites except those she has personally given him access to. With the same program she has scheduled, within the 24 hour cycle, when he can have access to the internet at all.

Does the Big Bang Theory really have science in it? lol. My son has pulled that up and watched it before...All I saw was sexual innuendos and stuff, not much science, lol.

Hah true. Most are jokes and stuff but there are a few episodes where Sheldons mom comes in and she is a Christian and Sheldon tries to de bunk it and say it's all just a hoax and stuff lol. It's actually quite funny.

I mean when it comes to TV, I'm sure some of the shows I watch aren't the greatest. Nothing dirty in them but it's mostly just suspense or supernatural stuff. Things like superheroes and fighting monsters. I know it's all fake and I don't believe in it but it's good TV, good way to be entertained. As long as I don't start believing in witchcraft or with the Big Bang Theory believing in Science over he Lord.
I watch anime, which being from a pagan country tends to have a lot of supernatural elements or includes their beliefs regarding the spiritual world and afterlife and gods. Just because I watch it doesn't mean I believe it.

I watch anime, which being from a pagan country tends to have a lot of supernatural elements or includes their beliefs regarding the spiritual world and afterlife and gods. Just because I watch it doesn't mean I believe it.

I've seen some anime before. It's cool! Mostly it's entertaining, not that we have to believe in it! :)

curious will you also not go to Walmart who sells alcohol ? what about buying gas or groceries.most big chain stores sells booze sells magazines that has woman dressed in skimpy clothes . granted what is being said is there . have we not been given the power to resist .the Bible says he will make a way of escape with temptations. any one ever watch the cartoon smurfs? they practice witchcraft ..so which evil do we choose to stay away from . i see this christian cartoon which has lots of truth to it http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...4429742_8623376717753310627_n_zps8iffyriz.jpg

My dad won't go into restaurants that have bars and serve alcohol. When I was younger I didn't understand. But when I got older my dad drank alcohol when he was younger. Staying away from temptation.

It's a matter of will power to stay away from these certain things and choosing to not do them!

i can understand that .i use smoke marijuana .i have no desire or temptation to smoke it again... but i am not going any place where it is smoked . i heard a powerful testimony of a preacher who was a former alcoholic. one day was feeling really down went to a place that sold alcohol .was on the verge of picking up a bottle to buy. when all of sudden a little girl ran up to him hugged is leg. was telling her parents .this was the man at the church she went to... talk about deliverance

Hah true. Most are jokes and stuff but there are a few episodes where Sheldons mom comes in and she is a Christian and Sheldon tries to de bunk it and say it's all just a hoax and stuff lol. It's actually quite funny.
It is funny. Really funny. But waaaaaaay too much sex talk. It's actually one of the reasons I decided enough of TV.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back