Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

will Jesus return to Isreal, the second coming

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
many people believe when Jesus returns in great power and glory, the second coming, though a global event, will Jesus return be to Isreal,
i seem to recall, where it was written, the ground in Isreal opens up, splits, at the Lords return
i know it says those that pierced him will see him, and he shall gather the nations to him self, the sheep and the goats. He will rein from Jerusalam.
the Lord will be enthroned in Isreal, they say Isreal, is Gods time piece, the centre of end time events, the centre of the world

Hi Johnny,

johnny botwright
many people believe when Jesus returns in great power and glory, the second coming, though a global event, will Jesus return be to Isreal,
i seem to recall, where it was written, the ground in Isreal opens up, splits, at the Lords return
i know it says those that pierced him will see him, and he shall gather the nations to him self, the sheep and the goats. He will rein from Jerusalam.
the Lord will be enthroned in Isreal, they say Isreal, is Gods time piece, the centre of end time events, the centre of the world

There is a reference to the great chasum that separates the nations from Gods people in the parable of the Rich man and Lazareth and also in Zechariah 14:4-5.

Zec 14:4, "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5) And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee."

THE HOLY LAND IS SEPARATE FROM THE NATIONS and called by a new name
Isaiah 62:4, “Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee and thy land shall be married.

The land of light
The way I see it: Literally the land of the chosen will be compassed with light the same way that God lighted the Hebrews when they departed Egypt and traveled in the wilderness. Jerusalem will truly be a light set on a hill that cannot be hidden from the nations. For 1000 years that light will be a testimony to the world of God’s great love and the devotion that He has for those who followed Him. As a hen doth gather her chicks under her wings, God has gathered his beloved children.

Isaiah 4:5-6, “And the Lord will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defense.
6) And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.â€

Isaiah 60: 1-2, “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.â€

All the nations will be in misty darkness and a witness to the glory of the people God has chosen to inherit his kingdom; the kingdom of Light.

Three days before his death, Jesus gave an illustration of a "marriage-feast".(Matt 22:1-14, Young's Bible) God is the King who prepares a marriage feast for his Son, Jesus Christ. The King’s subjects are the people of Israel, who, on being brought into the Law covenant in 1513 B.C.E., received the opportunity of becoming “a kingdom of priests.†Thus, on that occasion, they were originally extended the invitation to the marriage feast.

However, the first call to those invited did not go out until the fall of 29 C.E., when Jesus and his disciples (the king’s slaves) began their work of Kingdom preaching. But the natural Israelites who received this call issued by the slaves from 29 C.E. to 33 C.E. were unwilling to come. So God gave the nation of invited ones another opportunity, as Jesus relates:

“Again he sent forth other servants, saying, Say to those who have been called: Lo, my dinner I prepared, my oxen and the fatlings have been killed, and all things [are] ready, come ye to the marriage-feasts."(Matt 22:4,Young's Bible) This second and final call of those invited began at Pentecost 33 C.E., when holy spirit was poured out on Jesus’ followers. This call continued until 36 C.E.

The great majority of the Israelites, however, also spurned this call. “But they paid no attention to this and went away," Jesus says, "one to his farm, another to his business. The rest grabbed the king's servants, treated them brutally, and then killed them.“(Matt 22:5, 6, International Standard Version) "Then,†Jesus continues, “the king grew wrathful, and sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.†(Matt 22:7, International Standard Version) This occurred in 70 C.E., when Jerusalem was razed to the ground by the Romans, and those murderers were killed.

Jesus then explains what occurred in the meantime: “Then [the king] said to his servants, 'The wedding (or marriage feast) is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy."(Matt 22:8, International Standard Version) Thus, the nation of fleshly Israel were found unworthy as a nation for God's favor.(Matt 8:12)

Jesus, after scathingly condemning the scribes and Pharisees, turns his attention to the nation of Israel again, saying: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones to death those who have been sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you didn't want to! Look! Your house is left to you deserted!. "(Mat 23:37, 38, International Standard Version) The Israelites failed to respond to Jesus loving direction as the promised Messiah, and instead had him put to death on a torture stake.

Hence, the nation of Israel was rejected by God and are no longer his people. Rather, Jesus told the chief priests and older men of the people: "I tell you that for this reason the kingdom of God will be taken away from you, and will be given to a nation that does produce the fruit of it."(Matt 21:43, Montgomery New Testament)

Therefore, being as the nation of fleshly Israel were abandoned by God, with even the temple being "deserted" to them, Jesus will not return to fleshly Israel, reigning in Jerusalem, but instead a new "nation" of spiritual Israel has God's blessing.(Gal 6:16)

nadab said:
Hence, the nation of Israel was rejected by God and are no longer his people. Rather, Jesus told the chief priests and older men of the people: "I tell you that for this reason the kingdom of God will be taken away from you, and will be given to a nation that does produce the fruit of it."(Matt 21:43, Montgomery New Testament)

Therefore, being as the nation of fleshly Israel were abandoned by God, with even the temple being "deserted" to them, Jesus will not return to fleshly Israel, reigning in Jerusalem, but instead a new "nation" of spiritual Israel has God's blessing.(Gal 6:16)

God has never rejected all of Israel, but only those who remain rebellious, as He will also reject those of the Gentile nations that remain rebellious against Him. Even the "nation" Christ said the kingdom would be given to still involves the scattered tribes of Israel. The remnant of Israel cannot be separated from God's Salvation through His Son, though men's doctrines love to put out that falsehood.

Ps 47:1-5
1 O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
2 For the LORD most high is terrible; He is a great King over all the earth.
3 He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.
4 He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom He loved. Selah.
5 God is gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
(KJV)

Jer 30:10-11
10 Therefore fear thou not, O My servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
11 For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.
(KJV)

Ezekiel 37 and 48 come to mind, but there are many, many Scriptures which declare God's restoration of His people Israel under Christ Jesus as their King. And the believing Gentiles will be gathered together with them.

Jer 31:35-37
35 Thus saith the LORD, Which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is His name:
36 If those ordinances depart from before Me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever.
37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
(KJV)

veteran said:
nadab said:

God has never rejected all of Israel, but only those who remain rebellious, as He will also reject those of the Gentile nations that remain rebellious against Him. Even the "nation" Christ said the kingdom would be given to still involves the scattered tribes of Israel. The remnant of Israel cannot be separated from God's Salvation through His Son, though men's doctrines love to put out that falsehood.

Ps 47:1-5
1 O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
2 For the LORD most high is terrible; He is a great King over all the earth.
3 He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.
4 He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom He loved. Selah.
5 God is gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
(KJV)

Jer 30:10-11
10 Therefore fear thou not, O My servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
11 For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.
(KJV)

Ezekiel 37 and 48 come to mind, but there are many, many Scriptures which declare God's restoration of His people Israel under Christ Jesus as their King. And the believing Gentiles will be gathered together with them.

Jer 31:35-37
35 Thus saith the LORD, Which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is His name:
36 If those ordinances depart from before Me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever.
37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
(KJV)

The Israelites, as a nation, have been rejected by God. When before Mount Sinai in 1513 B.C.E., these were given the opportunity to become God's "special property", a "kingdom of priests and a holy nation".(Ex 19:6, King James Bible) However, over the course of fifteen hundred years until the arrival the Messiah in 29 C.E., these proved disloyal.

Early in Jesus ministry, he made this point clear after being entreated to heal a Roman officer's manservant, saying: "I tell you that many will come from the east and from the west (non Israelites) and will recline at table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of the Heavens, while the natural heirs of the Kingdom (fleshly Israelites) will be driven out into the darkness outside: there will be the weeping aloud and the gnashing of teeth."(Matt 8:11, 12, Weymouth's New Testament)

Three years into his ministry, in the latter part of 32 C.E., Jesus gave an illustration, saying: "A man had a fig tree that had been planted in his vineyard. He went to look for fruit on it but didn't find any. So he said to the gardener, 'Look here! For three years I have been coming to look for fruit on this tree but haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it waste the soil?' But the gardener replied, 'Sir, leave it alone for one more year, until I dig around it and fertilize it. Maybe next year it'll bear fruit. If not, then cut it down.'"(Luke 13:6-9, International Standard Version)

In the final six months of his ministry, Jesus stepped up the pace, working zealously to gather any natural Israelites into the "kingdom" arrangement. However, in the illustration, he noted God's patience was not going to last much longer, for if the "fertilizing" of the nation of Israel, shown in Jesus illustration as a "fig tree", produced no real results, then it was to "cut down". What happened six months later, in the spring of 33 C.E. ?

Three days before his death, standing in the temple, Jesus said, with the crowds listening: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem! The city that has kept on murdering the prophets, and stoning those who have been sent to her, how often I have yearned to gather your children around me, as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, but you refused ! Now your house is abandoned by me !"(Mat 23:37, 38, William's New Testament)

The nation of fleshly Israel proved Jesus true, for Matthew records that "the high priests and the elders of the people assembled in the courtyard of the high priest, who was named Caiaphas" and for what purpose ? "They conspired to arrest Jesus by treachery and to kill him."(Matthew 26:3, 4, International Standard Version)

In another illustration of a "marriage feast", given also three days before his death, Jesus identified that the nation of fleshly Israel would lay "hold of his (the King's or God's) slaves, treat(ing) them insolently and kill(ing) them." How did God, pictured by the king, react to the murdering of his "slaves" ?

"Then the king became outraged. He sent his troops, and they destroyed those murderers and burned their city."(Matthew 22:6, 7, International Standard Version) This happened in 70 C.E, with General Titus beginning his conquest, laying siege to the city of Jerusalem, now crowded with Passover celebrants.

Siege banks were thrown up by the Romans, and a continuous wall or fence was erected around the entire city to prevent escape by day or night. This, too, fulfilled Jesus’ prophecy. (Luke 19:43) Within the city rival factions quarreled and fought, much of the food supply was destroyed, and those caught attempting to leave the city were slain as traitors.

Josephus, the source of this information, relates that in time the famine became so grave that the people were reduced to eating wisps of hay and leather, even their own children. (Compare Lam 2:11, 12, 19, 20; Deut 28:56, 57.) Titus’ offers of peace were consistently rejected by the stubborn city leaders. In just 4 months and 25 days, from April 3 to August 30, 70 C.E., the conquest had been effected.

The entire city was demolished, with only the towers of Herod’s palace and a portion of the western wall left standing as evidence to later generations of the defensive strength that had availed nothing. Josephus remarks that, apart from these remnants, “the rest of the wall encompassing the city was so completely levelled to the ground as to leave future visitors to the spot no ground for believing that it had ever been inhabited.†(The Jewish War, VII, 3, 4 [i, 1])

That is why Jesus said before giving the illustration of the "marriage feast" at Matthew 22, that ' the kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.'(Matt 21:43) The nation of fleshly Israel, as a nation, failed to produce ' kingdom fruits'.

Thus, a new nation of ' spiritual Israelites' was selected, one made up of both fleshly Israel and Gentiles, and called "the Israel of God."(Gal 6:16) This new "nation" came into existence on Pentecost 33 C.E., with the outpouring of holy spirit on the 120 in the upper room in Jerusalem and has been producing ' kingdom fruits'.(Acts 2:1-4)

nadab said:

I don't disagree that our Lord rebuked the unbelieving among the Jews, and removed His blessings from Jerusalem and the orthodox Jews there, and gave His kingdom to another "nation" that would bear its fruits (per Matt.21). But it seems you don't understand about God's Birthright to Joseph's two sons, and the sceptre remaining with Judah, all the way up to Christ's coming (Gen.49:10; 1 Chron.5).

Further, in 1 Kings 11, God said He would always leave one tribe in Jerusalem for His servant David's sake, and Jerusalem's sake. Whether or not that means deceived Jews of the "house of Judah" or a remnant in Christ like those of Romans 11:1-5 might be a matter of debate, but it's still nevertheless a promise from God.

And further, even God's concept of 'spiritual Israel' has a manifesting upon this earth per geography at the first, because what nations first accepted The Gospel of Jesus Christ and became Christian nations? The nations of Asia Minor and Western Europe. Asia Minor is where the seven Churches of Revelation 2 & 3 were located. Do you not recall the multitudes at Pentecost also included many Jews? Did you not pay attention in the Book of Acts where those early Churches also included a seed born of Israel? The spiritual seed idea in Romans 9 Paul preached does not mean all the seed of Israel was cast off, because they have become part of that spiritual seed of Israel also, even while being born of flesh Israel. It happened when they also came to Christ Jesus. And that's what Paul is showing in Romans 11:1-5 about a remnant of the seed of Israel according to the election of grace, which some find hard to take.

And per Ezekiel 37, and other OT Scripture like it, what did God say He's gonna' do in final with the seed of the two houses of Israel, i.e., the "house of Judah" and the "house of Israel"? Bring them back to the holy land and reestablish them to their original inheritances before He scattered them (Ezekiel 47-48 even gives a list of the tribes reestablished back to the old inheritances promised to their fathers). So how can anyone go against that Promise by God? You can't, I can't, no man can. And denial of that event means nothing. It's going to happen the way God said it will as written, per those Scriptures I posted from Jeremiah.

So who are those false prophets you've been listening to who think God is going to throw away all the seed of Israel of the "house of Judah" and the "house of Israel" (ten tribes)? Who are they in thinking they can change what God has promised to the remnant seed of Israel according to the election of grace?

nadab said:
That is why Jesus said before giving the illustration of the "marriage feast" at Matthew 22, that ' the kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.'(Matt 21:43) The nation of fleshly Israel, as a nation, failed to produce ' kingdom fruits'.

Thus, a new nation of ' spiritual Israelites' was selected, one made up of both fleshly Israel and Gentiles, and called "the Israel of God."(Gal 6:16) This new "nation" came into existence on Pentecost 33 C.E., with the outpouring of holy spirit on the 120 in the upper room in Jerusalem and has been producing ' kingdom fruits'.(Acts 2:1-4)

What you say above shows you're aware of God reestablishing a remnant seed of believing Israel with believing Gentiles in final, so why would you deny the Jeremiah Scriptures I posted about that?

What many do with looking at the scribes and Pharisees, and chief priests and leaders in Jerusalem which our Lord rebuked, is wrongly thinking they represented Israel. They forget how the 'tares' crept into Judah's stay long ago, and worked their way up from bondservants into the priesthood and position of scribes...

1 Chr 2:55
55 And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.
(KJV)

If you go to Genesis 15, you'll find the Kenites were a people included within the nations of Canaan, not of Israel at all. And per the Books of Ezra and Nehemiah, 1 Kings 9, and Joshua 9, and Judges 2 & 3, lot of those Canaanites continued among Israel as bondservants at the first. Then later as Nethinim temple servants and priests creeping in to do duties of the Levites. The Babylon captivity elevated them, as Ezra looked around and saw none of the sons of Levi returning to Jerusalem, and then sent a head Nethinim to go back to Babylon to get Levite priests for temple service. THAT's how the religion of the Jews got started, false traditions that were mixed within Judah's historical traditions, and why Christ rebuked those Jews. Those were the leaders, scribes and many of the Pharisees that were in control of Judea at Christ's first coming. But that's too controversial a subject for most of Christ's people, so they just strike that Biblical evidence out.

The bottom line? Never confuse the seed of Israel in Jerusalem with the tares who crept in unaware, which caused Christ to move His kingdom to another 'nation'. Though many of the seed of Israel are still deceived by the tares today, many of them will eventually turn to Christ. It's just that WE cannot say how many of the seed, and just when. I can guarantee that many orthodox Jews in Jerusalem today are not of the 'crept in unawares', and are sincere, but deceived by the tares among them. Many of those will not remain as our enemies, but will turn to Christ Jesus.

So you bet our Lord Jesus removed their power in Jerusalem, and gave His kingdom to another 'nation' that would bear its fruits. Because those false ones weren't supposed to be in power in the first place. And for those who understand that, this is also where we are again today, in that new 'nation' which Christ moved His kingdom to. The "tares" among us are doing the same things they did in Jerusalem.

veteran said:
I don't disagree that our Lord rebuked the unbelieving among the Jews, and removed His blessings from Jerusalem and the orthodox Jews there, and gave His kingdom to another "nation" that would bear its fruits (per Matt.21). But it seems you don't understand about God's Birthright to Joseph's two sons, and the sceptre remaining with Judah, all the way up to Christ's coming (Gen.49:10; 1 Chron.5).

Further, in 1 Kings 11, God said He would always leave one tribe in Jerusalem for His servant David's sake, and Jerusalem's sake. Whether or not that means deceived Jews of the "house of Judah" or a remnant in Christ like those of Romans 11:1-5 might be a matter of debate, but it's still nevertheless a promise from God.

And further, even God's concept of 'spiritual Israel' has a manifesting upon this earth per geography at the first, because what nations first accepted The Gospel of Jesus Christ and became Christian nations? The nations of Asia Minor and Western Europe. Asia Minor is where the seven Churches of Revelation 2 & 3 were located. Do you not recall the multitudes at Pentecost also included many Jews? Did you not pay attention in the Book of Acts where those early Churches also included a seed born of Israel? The spiritual seed idea in Romans 9 Paul preached does not mean all the seed of Israel was cast off, because they have become part of that spiritual seed of Israel also, even while being born of flesh Israel. It happened when they also came to Christ Jesus. And that's what Paul is showing in Romans 11:1-5 about a remnant of the seed of Israel according to the election of grace, which some find hard to take.

And per Ezekiel 37, and other OT Scripture like it, what did God say He's gonna' do in final with the seed of the two houses of Israel, i.e., the "house of Judah" and the "house of Israel"? Bring them back to the holy land and reestablish them to their original inheritances before He scattered them (Ezekiel 47-48 even gives a list of the tribes reestablished back to the old inheritances promised to their fathers). So how can anyone go against that Promise by God? You can't, I can't, no man can. And denial of that event means nothing. It's going to happen the way God said it will as written, per those Scriptures I posted from Jeremiah.

So who are those false prophets you've been listening to who think God is going to throw away all the seed of Israel of the "house of Judah" and the "house of Israel" (ten tribes)? Who are they in thinking they can change what God has promised to the remnant seed of Israel according to the election of grace?

Veteran,

I agree that the scepter came though the tribe of Judah, as seen at Genesis 49:10 and Psalms 78:68, and that was fulfilled in Jesus as the "root of David."(Rev 5:5) However, the Israelites as a nation were "abandoned" to themselves, with the temple no longer being inhabited by God's spirit.(Matt 23:37, 38) A new "nation" that is composed of both Jews and Gentiles was now formed.

The apostle Paul, writing to Christians in Rome, compared non-Jewish Christians to the branches of a wild olive that were grafted into the garden olive to replace natural branches that had been broken off. Such a procedure in grafting would, of course, be “contrary to nature.†The natural branches corresponded to the Jews who, because of their lack of faith, lost out on their opportunity to be among those in line for Messiah’s heavenly Kingdom.

The grafting of wild olive branches, or non-Jewish Christians, into the garden olive to replace “natural branches†was no reason for those Gentiles to have lofty ideas, for only by faith could they maintain their position. Also, the grafting of branches from the wild olive into the garden olive illustrates the permanent union that has been effected between Jews and Gentiles as fellow members of “the Israel of God", this new "nation".(Rom 11:17-24; Gal 3:28; 6:16)

For over fifteen hundred years, the nation of Israel were God's people, having been under the Mosaic Law covenant. However, Jesus identified their hateful spirit as a nation, saying in an illustration concerning a vineyard owner who "let it out to cultivatorsâ€(Matt 21:33) that when the “season of the fruits came around, he dispatched his slaves to the cultivators to get the fruits.†How did the “cultivatorsâ€, who pictured the Jewish religious leaders, respond to the vineyard’s owner, who represented God ?

Jesus says that the “cultivators†then “took his slaves and beat the first one, killed the second, and stoned the third.â€(Matt 21:35, William’s New Testament) The “vineyard†pictured the nation of fleshly Israel, and of which the Jewish religious leaders were to tend to, to "cultivate", to teach the people God’s law, for Isaiah 5:1, 2 says that God ‘ planted ‘ the nation of Israel as a “choice red vine†and “kept hoping for it to produce grapes.†However, it “gradually produced wild grapes.â€

The nation of Israel became as “wild grapesâ€, rebellious. Over the course of fifteen hundred years, as a nation, they disregarded God’s laws that he gave through Moses in 1513 B.C.E. Jesus succinctly said that at the behest of the religious leaders, God’s prophets that were sent to reform her and bring her back in line for this fifteen hundred years, were ‘beaten, killed or stoned.’ Thus, finally the owner of the “vineyard†sent forth his “sonâ€, saying: “They will respect my son.†How did the “cultivatorsâ€, the Jewish religious leaders react to owner’s ‘ son’s’ arrival ?

“So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him.â€(Matt 21:39, Montgomery New Testament) Hence, at the command of the Jewish religious leaders, Jesus Christ was impaled on a torture stake, after having told Pilate: “We have no king but Caesar.â€(John 19:5; 1 Thess 2:15) How did owner of the “vineyardâ€, Jehovah God, feel toward the nation of Israel who followed the direction of the Jewish religious leaders and became as “wild grapes†?

Jesus now posed this question: “Now what will the owner of the vineyard do?†Jesus answers his own question, saying: “He will come and destroy the farmers (“cultivatorsâ€) and give the vineyard to others.â€(Mark 12:9, International Standard Version)

Thus, in 70 C.E., the nation of Israel was destroyed, with the city of Jerusalem being so leveled that only the towers of Herod’s palace and a portion of the western wall left standing as evidence to later generations of the defensive strength that had availed nothing. Josephus remarks that, apart from these remnants, “the rest of the wall encompassing the city was so completely levelled to the ground as to leave future visitors to the spot no ground for believing that it had ever been inhabited.†(The Jewish War, VII, 3, 4 [i, 1])

Because of their becoming obstinate as a nation, they were cast off as a nation and replaced with a new “nationâ€, one that be would be ‘producing kingdom fruitage.’(Matt 21:43) That new “nation†has proved to be spiritual “Israelâ€, or the “Israel of God.â€(Gal 6:16) These have proved to be "no part of the world"(John 15:19), have taken the lead in preaching "the good news of the kingdom....in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations"(Matt 24:14; Rev 12:17), have put on the "new personality"(Col 3:10), have made known God's name of Jehovah without reservation (Ps 9:1), and carries God's name of Jehovah upon themselves (Isa 44:5), uphold God's moral laws (Eph 5:3-5).

The apostle Paul said that " I have deep sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart, (for) my brothers, my relatives according to the flesh."(Rom 9:2, 3, International Standard Version) As a nation, the nation of fleshly Israel were rebellious, rejecting Jesus as God's "only-begotten Son". Paul though now says: "it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all Israelites truly belong to Israel, and not all of Abraham's descendants are his true descendants....That is, it is not the children of natural descent who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as descendants."(Rom 9:6, 8, International Standard Version)

Thus, the nation of natural Israel is not whom God calls his people, but rather those who are "the children of promise", those who "do the works of Abraham" (John 8:39), those who truly became obedient to God, having faith in him to fulfill his promises, just as Abraham.(Rom 4:16) These ones make up the new "nation" that Jesus spoke of.

At Ezekiel 37, this was concerning the nation of Israel after they returned from Babylonian captivity of seventy years, that began in 607 B.C.E. and were released in 539 B.C.E., to return to their homeland as "one" nation, instead of the two tribe kingdom of Judah and the ten tribe kingdom of Israel. These were restored, and as a nation, "came to life", whereby they were ' settled on their soil', because God himself had said that ' you will have to know that I myself, Jehovah, have spoken it and I have done it.'(Eze 37:14)

nadab,

The Genesis 49 chapter is an endtime prophecy given to the 12 tribes of Israel. It's what would befall them in the last days, per Gen.49:1.

Gen 49:10
10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto Him shall the gathering of the people be.
(KJV)

David's throne in Jerusalem ended with the last king of Judah Zedekiah in Jeremiah's day. Because the majority think David's throne totally ended on earth then, they assign it to our Lord Jesus in Heaven. But that's not what the Gen.49:10 verse says. Instead, it says the sceptre and the law shall not depart from Judah until Christ (Shiloh) comes and the gathering to Him. That means Christ's SECOND COMING, not His first coming. That also means David's throne is still to be here on earth all the way up to Christ's second coming, for God promised David there would continue one of his seed to sit upon his throne unto all generations.

In our Lord's parable of the husbandmen (Matt.21), He uses the symbols of the "vineyard" from Isaiah 5. In Isaiah 5, God's vineyard is the "house of Israel". The "house of Israel" means the ten tribes, the majority of the peoples of Israel. At the time of Christ's first coming, the ten tribes had already been scattered to the nations (as Josephus himself attested, even saying they were a great many people, too many to numbered). They weren't even there in Judea. God had already divorced the ten tribes (Jer.3).

That left the Jews in Judea, and a small portion of the other tribes that stayed with the "house of Judah" after God split Israel into two kingdoms, after Solomon's days. And that's who was there in Judea at Christ's first coming. But who else was there, especially of the leaders of chief priests, scribes and Pharisees?

Josephus showed how Idumeans began to creep into the office of chief priest between the time of the Jews returning after the Babylon captivity to the time of Christ's first coming. Per 1 Chron.2:55, the scribes were of the Kenites, a people that dwelt among the Canaanite nations, not even of the seed of Israel. Per Judges 2, because Israel would not drive out all the nations of Canaan from among them, God said He would leave them so He might prove Israel to see if they would walk in His ways or not. What this is about is the "crept in unawares" of Jude. Christ warned of it through the parable of the tares; Paul warned of it when he said after his leaving there would be wolves creeping in; Peter also warned of it. But most of God's people are totally unaware of it, even though it's a subject covered in God's Word in many places.

It's that creeping in of false ones that allowed the false husbandmen of Christ's vineyard to crucify Him. Our Lord rebuked them several times, even calling them "vipers", and children of the first murderer (John 8). Even John the Baptist knew who they were and rebuked them, also calling them vipers (Matt.3:7). Many of those husbandmen in Jerusalem weren't even of Israelite birth. When Jesus said, "The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses' seat", that was a pointer to the "workers of iniquity" that had crept in and a warning. It was those false ones who misled the people. Even in front of Pilate, it was the chief priests and elders that persuaded the crowds into saying, "crucify Him" and to release Barabbas(Matt.27:20; Mark 15:11; Luke 23:23).

Thus God's Word reveals who the real blame for our Lord's crucifixion is upon, and it certainly is NOT all the people of Israel. Many of the Gentile Churches have tried time and time again to exalt themselves above God's promises to Israel by thinking He has cast Israel away forever (original Dispensationalism). That's simply not true, not even close to the truth. Instead, it is a lie forwarded by those same "workers of iniquity", the servants of the devil, who seek to get control of the vineyard of God's people.

Early in Genesis 48, Ephraim was prophesied to eventually become "a multitude of nations". Jacob was promised that out of his loins would come "a nation, and a company of nations" (Gen.35). Jacob's new name God gave him was Israel, and Ephraim was put as one of the tribes of Israel, along with his brother Manasseh. God's Birthright first given to Abraham continued through Isaac, then Jacob, then his son Joseph, and then to Joseph's two sons Ephraim and Manasseh, where it still rests (1 Chron.5).

That "multitude of nations" of Ephraim is what our Lord Jesus was talking about with the new "nation" in the parable of the husbandmen. Ephraim was the head tribe of the ten tribes of the "house of Israel", God's vineyard. They were scattered out of the land of Israel first before Judah was. They did not return, but were lost to the world, and to themselves. But there have been historical links to their survival, and where the majority of them migrated to. The majority of them are linked to the Cimmerians and Scythians that came from the east, went through the Caucasus Mountains, and trekked into Asia Minor and Europe, EXACTLY the areas where The Gospel was preached on a large scale, and Christian nations sprang forth. This is why the western nations have been the primary caretakers of The Gospel of Jesus Christ in sending missionaries to the rest of the nations. Christ moved His vineyard to the West.

Along with those of God's people of the ten tribes, many of the Jews were also scattered among the West, for the majority of the Jews stayed in Babyon after the 70 years, and then were scattered through the nations. AND, in Asia Minor and Europe there have been thrones with Christian kings and queens set up over many of those nations, most all of them from their first origins. That's where the sceptre of Judah was moved to, and how it still exists today on earth waiting for Christ's coming to officially inherit it, but in Jerusalem where all believers of both Israel and Gentiles will be gathered to. And it's not difficult to see how the western Christian nations have been blessed throughout their history.

This is one of the main reasons why it's improper to think God has cast His Israel off and think they are no more part of His Salvation Plan.

I know as soon as I post this, false prophet deceivers and the deceived will come to try and say all this is false.

nadab,

The Ezekiel 37 two sticks prophesy of the joining of the two houses of Israel back into the lands of promise is for the time of Christ's second coming. It was not history, it has yet to happen, because it involves the setting up of David as their prince and one Shepherd (Christ) forever. We certainly didn't see that happen after the Babylon captivity, nor any time since the throne was removed from Jerusalem under Zedekiah.

Ezek 37:20-25
20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.
24 And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever.
(KJV)

veteran said:
nadab,

The Genesis 49 chapter is an endtime prophecy given to the 12 tribes of Israel. It's what would befall them in the last days, per Gen.49:1.

Gen 49:10
10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto Him shall the gathering of the people be.
(KJV)

David's throne in Jerusalem ended with the last king of Judah Zedekiah in Jeremiah's day. Because the majority think David's throne totally ended on earth then, they assign it to our Lord Jesus in Heaven. But that's not what the Gen.49:10 verse says. Instead, it says the sceptre and the law shall not depart from Judah until Christ (Shiloh) comes and the gathering to Him. That means Christ's SECOND COMING, not His first coming. That also means David's throne is still to be here on earth all the way up to Christ's second coming, for God promised David there would continue one of his seed to sit upon his throne unto all generations.

In our Lord's parable of the husbandmen (Matt.21), He uses the symbols of the "vineyard" from Isaiah 5. In Isaiah 5, God's vineyard is the "house of Israel". The "house of Israel" means the ten tribes, the majority of the peoples of Israel. At the time of Christ's first coming, the ten tribes had already been scattered to the nations (as Josephus himself attested, even saying they were a great many people, too many to numbered). They weren't even there in Judea. God had already divorced the ten tribes (Jer.3).

That left the Jews in Judea, and a small portion of the other tribes that stayed with the "house of Judah" after God split Israel into two kingdoms, after Solomon's days. And that's who was there in Judea at Christ's first coming. But who else was there, especially of the leaders of chief priests, scribes and Pharisees?

Josephus showed how Idumeans began to creep into the office of chief priest between the time of the Jews returning after the Babylon captivity to the time of Christ's first coming. Per 1 Chron.2:55, the scribes were of the Kenites, a people that dwelt among the Canaanite nations, not even of the seed of Israel. Per Judges 2, because Israel would not drive out all the nations of Canaan from among them, God said He would leave them so He might prove Israel to see if they would walk in His ways or not. What this is about is the "crept in unawares" of Jude. Christ warned of it through the parable of the tares; Paul warned of it when he said after his leaving there would be wolves creeping in; Peter also warned of it. But most of God's people are totally unaware of it, even though it's a subject covered in God's Word in many places.

It's that creeping in of false ones that allowed the false husbandmen of Christ's vineyard to crucify Him. Our Lord rebuked them several times, even calling them "vipers", and children of the first murderer (John 8). Even John the Baptist knew who they were and rebuked them, also calling them vipers (Matt.3:7). Many of those husbandmen in Jerusalem weren't even of Israelite birth. When Jesus said, "The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses' seat", that was a pointer to the "workers of iniquity" that had crept in and a warning. It was those false ones who misled the people. Even in front of Pilate, it was the chief priests and elders that persuaded the crowds into saying, "crucify Him" and to release Barabbas(Matt.27:20; Mark 15:11; Luke 23:23).

Thus God's Word reveals who the real blame for our Lord's crucifixion is upon, and it certainly is NOT all the people of Israel. Many of the Gentile Churches have tried time and time again to exalt themselves above God's promises to Israel by thinking He has cast Israel away forever (original Dispensationalism). That's simply not true, not even close to the truth. Instead, it is a lie forwarded by those same "workers of iniquity", the servants of the devil, who seek to get control of the vineyard of God's people.

Early in Genesis 48, Ephraim was prophesied to eventually become "a multitude of nations". Jacob was promised that out of his loins would come "a nation, and a company of nations" (Gen.35). Jacob's new name God gave him was Israel, and Ephraim was put as one of the tribes of Israel, along with his brother Manasseh. God's Birthright first given to Abraham continued through Isaac, then Jacob, then his son Joseph, and then to Joseph's two sons Ephraim and Manasseh, where it still rests (1 Chron.5).

That "multitude of nations" of Ephraim is what our Lord Jesus was talking about with the new "nation" in the parable of the husbandmen. Ephraim was the head tribe of the ten tribes of the "house of Israel", God's vineyard. They were scattered out of the land of Israel first before Judah was. They did not return, but were lost to the world, and to themselves. But there have been historical links to their survival, and where the majority of them migrated to. The majority of them are linked to the Cimmerians and Scythians that came from the east, went through the Caucasus Mountains, and trekked into Asia Minor and Europe, EXACTLY the areas where The Gospel was preached on a large scale, and Christian nations sprang forth. This is why the western nations have been the primary caretakers of The Gospel of Jesus Christ in sending missionaries to the rest of the nations. Christ moved His vineyard to the West.

Along with those of God's people of the ten tribes, many of the Jews were also scattered among the West, for the majority of the Jews stayed in Babyon after the 70 years, and then were scattered through the nations. AND, in Asia Minor and Europe there have been thrones with Christian kings and queens set up over many of those nations, most all of them from their first origins. That's where the sceptre of Judah was moved to, and how it still exists today on earth waiting for Christ's coming to officially inherit it, but in Jerusalem where all believers of both Israel and Gentiles will be gathered to. And it's not difficult to see how the western Christian nations have been blessed throughout their history.

This is one of the main reasons why it's improper to think God has cast His Israel off and think they are no more part of His Salvation Plan.

I know as soon as I post this, false prophet deceivers and the deceived will come to try and say all this is false.

Veteran,

You keep trying to "prop up" the nation of fleshly Israel, attempting to apply scriptures from Genesis onward to them, as if God somehow changed his mind regarding them. Though Jesus tried to gather them in as a nation, "the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings !", he then says: "But you people did not want it."(Matt 23:37)

After 3 1/2 years of hard labor, working diligently to cultivate it back into a "choice red vine"(Isa 5:2), the nation of fleshly Israel proved to be beyond repentance. God's "vineyard" at Isaiah 5 is not just the ten tribes of Israel, but also included Judah and Benjamin, for verse 7 says that "the vineyard...is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are the plantation of which he was fond of."

Jesus, quoting from Psalms 118:26, succinctly said that the nation of fleshly Israel ' would by no means see me from henceforth until they say, ' Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah's name.' (Matt 23:39) They not only have removed God's name of Jehovah due to a superstition, but have become so distant from God, that even the word "God" is written as G-d.

How far removed the nation has become, totally "part of the world", and has become one of the most bloodiest and militarized nations on the earth, despite Jesus command to "be no part of the world"(John 17:16), and to "love one another; just as I have loved you". He then said that this godly quality would be a major identifying mark of his disciples, saying that ' by this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.' (John 13:34,35)

To show that the nation of fleshly Israel consistently violated God's laws, to the point of killing those sent forth to her, Stephen told the religious leaders at the Sanhedrin, that they were ' obstinate and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, always resisting the holy spirit, as your forefathers did."(Acts 7:51)

He then scathingly condemns them, as a nation, saying: "Which of the prophets did not your fathers persecute? They killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become, you who received the law, given through angels, and obeyed it not."(Acts 7:52, 53, Montgomery New Testament)

After Peter had healed a lame man, he then told the Jews that "you disowned that holy and righteous man...(and) you killed the Chief Agent of life."(Acts 3:14, 15) Hence, as a nation, these bore the responsibility of having "killed the Chief Agent of life", Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul wrote that "the Jews...killed even the Lord Jesus Christ and the prophets and persecuted us." Paul then said that "they are not pleasing God, but are against the interest of all men."(1 Thess 2:14, 15)

As individuals though, these could become "reconciled to God".(Rom 5:10) These could be among the ones chosen as members of the ' new nation' that ' produces fruits of the kingdom '(Matt 21:43), that is composed of both Jew and Gentile.

The tribe of Ephraim is not the ' new nation' that Jesus spoke of there at Matthew 21, for this tribe was as guilty as the rest of the nation of Israel, not producing the "fruits of the kingdom". Jesus made no distinction among any of the tribes, but classed them all as a "fig tree" worthy to be ' cut down.' (Luke 13:6-9)

When John the Baptist caught sight of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to the Jordan, he quickly told them that they were "offspring of vipers", and then tells them to "produce fruits that befit repentance."(Matt 3:7, 8) As a nation, these never did. He further informed them not to "presume" that they had God's favor because of being "children of Abraham", but that God is "able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones."(Matt 3:9) Fleshly ties had no meaning with God now.

He then said that "already the ax is lying at the root of the trees", that God's timetable for "cutting down" the nation of fleshly Israel was already established, beginning in 66 C.E. and being completed in 70 C.E. with the complete desolation of the nation of Israel at the hands of General Titus, whereby 1.1 million Jews lost their lives in a siege that lasted 4 months and 25 days (April 3-August 25, 70 C.E.) and in which 97,000 were taken captive.

The "scepter (or kingship of God's kingdom) will not turn aside from Judah"(Gen 49:10), and came through David's lineage.(2 Sam 7:12, 13) Just before the Jews went into captivity in 607 B.C.E., God said through Ezekiel, to remove the turban, and lift off the crown" from the head of Zedekiah, whose ancestry is spoken of as sitting "upon Jehovah's throne".(1 Chron 29:23)

God then says: "A ruin, a ruin, a ruin, I shall make it" of the kingdom for a period of time (Luke 21:24, "until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled" on "Jerusalem"), for 2,520 years, and then adds that "it will certainly become no one's until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him."(Eze 21:26, 27) That one who had the "legal right" proved to be Jesus Christ, who received the "kingdom" in 1914 at God's appointed time.(Dan 7:13, 14)

Furthermore, the angel Gabriel told Mary that the child she was to conceive in her womb, "will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High, and (Jehovah) God will give him the throne of his forefather David. And he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end."(Luke 1:32, 33, International Standard Version)

Though Zedekiah's kingship ended in 607 B.C.E., "Jehovah's throne" was intentionally made dormant for 2, 520 years (Dan 4:13-16, "seven times"), until Jesus took the reigns of the "kingdom" in 1914, resulting in Satan and his demons being cast out of heaven, setting in motion great "woes" upon the earth since then.(Rev 12:5-12)

nadab said:
Veteran,

You keep trying to "prop up" the nation of fleshly Israel, attempting to apply scriptures from Genesis onward to them, as if God somehow changed his mind regarding them. Though Jesus tried to gather them in as a nation, "the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings !", he then says: "But you people did not want it."(Matt 23:37)

I'm not attempting anything, except to expose certain deceptions you're on with men's traditions that originated outside God's Word.

Gen 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
(KJV)

There's prophecy for the end even back in Genesis, but I don't expect men's traditions will point that out to you. You cannot argue against what God proclaimed at the end of Jeremiah 33, that IF God has Not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth, then He would cast off the seed of Jacob and David His servant. Nor can you argue against all the Bible Scripture about God joining the two 'houses' of Israel back to the original inheritances of the land God first gave their fathers. To argue against that Scripture evidence is like what our Lord Jesus said to Saul in kicking against the pricks (prickly pear). And if you keep trying to argue against those easy to understand Scriptures about Israel in final, it shows your real intent here on this forum to deceive and push falsehood.

nadab said:
After 3 1/2 years of hard labor, working diligently to cultivate it back into a "choice red vine"(Isa 5:2), the nation of fleshly Israel proved to be beyond repentance. God's "vineyard" at Isaiah 5 is not just the ten tribes of Israel, but also included Judah and Benjamin, for verse 7 says that "the vineyard...is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are the plantation of which he was fond of.

There you go again wrongly assuming those living in Judea at Christ's first coming were all the people of Israel.
"
Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.
(KJV)

The house of Israel is His vineyard (majority of Israelites), and Judah was to be His pleasant plant in guiding them and watching over them. Problem is, the house of Israel was scattered to the nations when the pleasant plant (Judah) fell away at Christ's first coming. The majority of Israel weren't even present to be blamed for Christ's crucifixion. That's per Bible history (1 Kings 11 through 2 Kings 17) and secular history (Josephus and many others). All you're doing is showing your ignorance of that history, and I must say it appears to be on purpose.

nadab said:
Jesus, quoting from Psalms 118:26, succinctly said that the nation of fleshly Israel ' would by no means see me from henceforth until they say, ' Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah's name.' (Matt 23:39) They not only have removed God's name of Jehovah due to a superstition, but have become so distant from God, that even the word "God" is written as G-d.

Our Lord Jesus was speaking to false Jews in Jerusalem in Matt.23:29, children of the Kenite scribes and crept in ones into the priesthood and Pharisees. Nicodemus was a Jewish leader of the people and a Pharisee, and he brought spices for burial of our Lord's body. Not all the Jews were guilty of our Lord's crucifixion, and you should be able to notice just which ones our Lord Jesus was rebuking in those Matt.23 verses, for He pointed them out specifically. But you appear to want to ostracize a whole people as being responsible for our Lord's crucifixion, and that's bearing false witness.

nadab said:
How far removed the nation has become, totally "part of the world", and has become one of the most bloodiest and militarized nations on the earth, despite Jesus command to "be no part of the world"(John 17:16), and to "love one another; just as I have loved you". He then said that this godly quality would be a major identifying mark of his disciples, saying that ' by this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.' (John 13:34,35)

I see a hint of socialism in your idea there, for in Luke 22 our Lord Jesus told His disciples to go buy a sword for those who didn't have one. That means God's People have a God-given right to protect themselves from murderers, and murderous nations, like Iran, Syria (should I keep going?).

nadab said:
To show that the nation of fleshly Israel consistently violated God's laws, to the point of killing those sent forth to her, Stephen told the religious leaders at the Sanhedrin, that they were ' obstinate and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, always resisting the holy spirit, as your forefathers did."(Acts 7:51)

Yeah, it should have been clear to you that Stephen was rebuking the same specific group of false Jews that our Lord Jesus and His Apostles rebuked. And of course, that was not all Israel, not even close, for God promised there would always be a remnant of Israel that believe (Rom.11:1-5).

nadab said:
After Peter had healed a lame man, he then told the Jews that "you disowned that holy and righteous man...(and) you killed the Chief Agent of life."(Acts 3:14, 15) Hence, as a nation, these bore the responsibility of having "killed the Chief Agent of life", Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul wrote that "the Jews...killed even the Lord Jesus Christ and the prophets and persecuted us." Paul then said that "they are not pleasing God, but are against the interest of all men."(1 Thess 2:14, 15)

Acts 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,
2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide.
(KJV)

Who was it that came upon Peter after that? Can you say, "the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees"? How does that mean Peter meant that upon all Jews? Was not Peter himself a Jew, and the rest of the Apostles also, and many that believed at Pentecost? How will you ever be able to witness Christ Jesus to them if you believe all of them are like the scribes and Pharisees?

nadab said:
As individuals though, these could become "reconciled to God".(Rom 5:10) These could be among the ones chosen as members of the ' new nation' that ' produces fruits of the kingdom '(Matt 21:43), that is composed of both Jew and Gentile.

Romans 11:1-5 shows clearly that God had preserved a remnant of flesh Israel to Himself, even in Elijah's day. Paul showed that remnant according to the election of grace still existed in his day. THAT Scripture in itself ends any debate that God has cast the seed of Israel off.

nadab said:
The tribe of Ephraim is not the ' new nation' that Jesus spoke of there at Matthew 21, for this tribe was as guilty as the rest of the nation of Israel, not producing the "fruits of the kingdom". Jesus made no distinction among any of the tribes, but classed them all as a "fig tree" worthy to be ' cut down.' (Luke 13:6-9)

No, not just Ephraim, but the ten tribes of the "house of Israel" that Ephraim was, and still is head tribe over. Ephraim was to become "a multitude of nations" (Gen.48), and the only time that could happen was after the ten tribes were scattered out of the lands of Israel. It appears you're not prepared to deal with that, not knowing enough of The Bible to understand it. And the idea of cutting down the fig tree because of lack of fruit is about the "tares" our Lord Jesus warned of in Matt.13. Those "tares" that crept into Judah never were His children, not of His flock.

nadab said:
When John the Baptist caught sight of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to the Jordan, he quickly told them that they were "offspring of vipers", and then tells them to "produce fruits that befit repentance."(Matt 3:7, 8) As a nation, these never did. He further informed them not to "presume" that they had God's favor because of being "children of Abraham", but that God is "able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones."(Matt 3:9) Fleshly ties had no meaning with God now.

You simply don't know what you're talking about, because there were many Jewish converts to Christ in Paul's days. The Book of Acts reveals that plainly. Paul in Eph.2 even made it plain that believing Gentiles have become part of the "commonwealth of Israel". That means brought into the original promises to FLESH ISRAEL, and it includes FLESH SEED of Israel that believe on Christ Jesus! You cannot just remove the seed of Israel's heritage God gave them; only He can. And the MULTITUDE of Scripture about God gathering both houses of Israel back to Him in the lands of Israel is major proof of that.

Amos 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
(KJV)

Is that about God sifting spiritual Israel, or the flesh seed of Israel? It's about the flesh seed of Israel, the remnant of Rom.11.

nadab said:
He then said that "already the ax is lying at the root of the trees", that God's timetable for "cutting down" the nation of fleshly Israel was already established, beginning in 66 C.E. and being completed in 70 C.E. with the complete desolation of the nation of Israel at the hands of General Titus, whereby 1.1 million Jews lost their lives in a siege that lasted 4 months and 25 days (April 3-August 25, 70 C.E.) and in which 97,000 were taken captive.

Strange it is that in 1948 Israel became a nation state again, don't ya think? It's because in Jer.24 God promised He would re-establish Judah back to the land, and not drive them out anymore. Guess you must of missed reading your Bible about that, along with many other things in God's Word.

nadab said:
The "scepter (or kingship of God's kingdom) will not turn aside from Judah"(Gen 49:10), and came through David's lineage.(2 Sam 7:12, 13) Just before the Jews went into captivity in 607 B.C.E., God said through Ezekiel, to remove the turban, and lift off the crown" from the head of Zedekiah, whose ancestry is spoken of as sitting "upon Jehovah's throne".(1 Chron 29:23)

Tch, tch, tch, you failed to include mention of the rest of that Ezek.21 prophecy...

Ezek 21:25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
26 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
(KJV)

The sceptre is to go through 3 overturns; the first was it being removed from king Zedekiah during the Babylon captivity. Since Zedekiah, it has never been in Jerusalem again. The "exalt him that is low" is a pointer to that sceptre continuing somehwere else. But I guess you just intentionally bypassed that part.

nadab said:
God then says: "A ruin, a ruin, a ruin, I shall make it" of the kingdom for a period of time (Luke 21:24, "until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled" on "Jerusalem"), for 2,520 years, and then adds that "it will certainly become no one's until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him."(Eze 21:26, 27) That one who had the "legal right" proved to be Jesus Christ, who received the "kingdom" in 1914 at God's appointed time.(Dan 7:13, 14)

I think you need to read Ezek.21:27 again, and more carefully. The 3 overturns are to happen first, and then after the last overturn, it shall be no more until Christ's coming. The word "more" is a translators addition too. The meaning is once the last overturn happens, that's where it will be until Christ comes to inherit it on earth, for God promised to David there would never fail one of Israel to sit upon his throne on earth, to all generations (2 Sam.7).

Here's another part of the prophecy that was supposed to be understood first...

Ezek 17:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent:
23 In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell.
24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the LORD have spoken and have done it.
(KJV)

That Israel it was to be planted in is that new "nation" our Lord Jesus was talking about in the parable of the husbandmen. It's God's Israel though. That's the "multitude of nations" of Ephraim, the ten tribes scattered primarily to the West which became the original founders of the western Christian nations. That's where God's true Israel structure is today, along with peoples in all nations that believe on The Saviour Jesus Christ. God did not just do away with the structure of Israel on earth after He destroyed Jerusalem, and that's what our Lord Jesus was showing about that other "nation" that would bring forth the fruits of God's "vineyard".

Continued...

nadab said:
Furthermore, the angel Gabriel told Mary that the child she was to conceive in her womb, "will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High, and (Jehovah) God will give him the throne of his forefather David. And he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end."(Luke 1:32, 33, International Standard Version)

Yes, and that's exactly right. And that throne will be on earth, as shown there, and by many OT Scriptures of the prophets (especially Ezek.37 and 48). By the way, the "house of Jacob" phrase means flesh seed of all Israel.

Though Zedekiah's kingship ended in 607 B.C.E., "Jehovah's throne" was intentionally made dormant for 2, 520 years (Dan 4:13-16, "seven times"), until Jesus took the reigns of the "kingdom" in 1914, resulting in Satan and his demons being cast out of heaven, setting in motion great "woes" upon the earth since then.(Rev 12:5-12)

The only dormant thing about it is with some men's minds who fail to understand what God prophesied concerning it. That 1914 idea is from men's doctrines too, not Bible prophecy at all. And won't it be a shock to you when you realize the Rev.12:7-9 event is yet to occur.

veteran said:
I'm not attempting anything, except to expose certain deceptions you're on with men's traditions that originated outside God's Word.

Gen 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
(KJV)

There's prophecy for the end even back in Genesis, but I don't expect men's traditions will point that out to you. You cannot argue against what God proclaimed at the end of Jeremiah 33, that IF God has Not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth, then He would cast off the seed of Jacob and David His servant. Nor can you argue against all the Bible Scripture about God joining the two 'houses' of Israel back to the original inheritances of the land God first gave their fathers. To argue against that Scripture evidence is like what our Lord Jesus said to Saul in kicking against the pricks (prickly pear). And if you keep trying to argue against those easy to understand Scriptures about Israel in final, it shows your real intent here on this forum to deceive and push falsehood.

In pronouncing blessings before his death, Jacob was foretelling tribal traits and conduct that would be displayed in the future by his descendants “in the final part of the days"(Gen 49:1), of the different twelve tribes that came from his sons. Over two centuries earlier Jehovah God had stated to Jacob’s grandfather Abram (Abraham) that his offspring would suffer affliction for 400 years (Gen 15:13), with this "affliction" beginning in the year 1913 B.C.E.

Therefore, in this case, the future time referred to by Jacob as “the final part of the days†could not begin until after the 400 years of affliction ended in 1513 B.C.E. and they were freed from Egyptian bondage. Forty years later were the twelve tribes of Israel now able to enter the land of Canaan. Thus, the "final part of the days" for the twelve tribes of Israel began after they had entered the land of Canaan in 1473 B.C.E.

For example, of the tribe of Asher, Jacob was inspired to say that "he will give the dainties of a king."(Gen 49:20) And Moses was inspired to say that Asher would be figuratively the "one dipping his foot in oil."(Deut 33:24)

Their allotment of territory stretched along the Mediterranean coastal plains from below the town of Dor, south of Mount Carmel, on up to the northern boundary of Palestine at Sidon. (Jos 17:7-11; 19:24-31) This included some of the most fertile land in all Israel, where olive trees would provide abundant oil, while other fruits would provide dainties fit to grace a royal table. Hence, the "final part of the days" was after the twelve tribes had entered the land of Canaan.

The prophetic statement at Genesis 49:10 concerning the scepter ( a baton carried by a ruler as a symbol of royal authority) not ' turning aside from Judah', indicated that significant authority and power would reside with the tribe of Judah until the coming of Shiloh. This descendant of Judah is Jesus Christ, the one upon whom Jehovah God has bestowed heavenly rulership. Christ holds royal authority and possesses the power to command.(Psalm 2:8, 9; Isaiah 55:4; Daniel 7:13, 14)

veteran said:
There you go again wrongly assuming those living in Judea at Christ's first coming were all the people of Israel.
"
Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.
(KJV)

The house of Israel is His vineyard (majority of Israelites), and Judah was to be His pleasant plant in guiding them and watching over them. Problem is, the house of Israel was scattered to the nations when the pleasant plant (Judah) fell away at Christ's first coming. The majority of Israel weren't even present to be blamed for Christ's crucifixion. That's per Bible history (1 Kings 11 through 2 Kings 17) and secular history (Josephus and many others). All you're doing is showing your ignorance of that history, and I must say it appears to be on purpose.

Our Lord Jesus was speaking to false Jews in Jerusalem in Matt.23:29, children of the Kenite scribes and crept in ones into the priesthood and Pharisees. Nicodemus was a Jewish leader of the people and a Pharisee, and he brought spices for burial of our Lord's body. Not all the Jews were guilty of our Lord's crucifixion, and you should be able to notice just which ones our Lord Jesus was rebuking in those Matt.23 verses, for He pointed them out specifically. But you appear to want to ostracize a whole people as being responsible for our Lord's crucifixion, and that's bearing false witness.

At Isaiah 5, the entire nation of Israel was the "vineyard" that God ' planted'. As a nation, Israel was "destined for burning down...a breaking down of its stone wall, and it must be destined for a place of trampling."(Isa 5:5) Furthermore, God said that "I shall set it as a thing destroyed." This occurred in 607 B.C.E., when the Babylonian armies came against the land, with Jerusalem being leveled.(2 Kings 25:8-10)

Though Judah was a "plantation of which (God) was fond of ", "but look ! the breaking of the law; for righteousness, but look ! an outcry."(Isa 5:7) Thus, Judah was as guilty as the ten tribe of Israel, "breaking the law" and disregarding "righteousness." These did not "guide" anyone to know God, but rather the religious leaders were called by Jesus "blind guides."(Matt 15:14)

As a nation, the Jews bore the responsibility of blood guilt for the death of Jesus Christ, for the apostle Peter, who was himself a Jew, said that "God made this Jesus, whom you (impaled), both Lord and Christ!"(Acts 2:36, International Standard Version) He further told the Sanhedrin that "the God of our ancestors raised Jesus to life after you hung him on a tree and killed him."(Acts 5:30, International Standard Version)

Peter made no distinction among the various tribes, but lumped them all into "one pot", just as Jesus did, who told the entire nation of Israel that "your house is abandoned to you" because these turned their backs on God's representative, Jesus as his Messiah or Christ, being the "killer of the prophets and stroner of those sent forth to her."(Matt 23:37, 38)

In addition, the apostle Paul, "an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin"(Rom 11:1), said that "the Jews...killed even the Lord Jesus and the prophets and persecuted us."(1 Thess 2:14, 15) Even he was "persecuted" by his own countrymen, the Jews, who were "not pleasing to God, but are against the interests of all men...with the result that they always fill up the measure of their sins."(1 Thess 2:15, 16) Paul now says, in about 50 C.E., that God's "wrath has at length come upon them."(1 Thess 2:16b) Twenty years later, in 70 C.E., ' God's wrath came upon them' when General Titus laid siege against the city of Jerusalem on April 3 and lasted until August 30.

veteran said:
I see a hint of socialism in your idea there, for in Luke 22 our Lord Jesus told His disciples to go buy a sword for those who didn't have one. That means God's People have a God-given right to protect themselves from murderers, and murderous nations, like Iran, Syria (should I keep going?).

Jesus told Peter, after he had cut off the right ear of Malchus, to "return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword."(Matt 26:52) Thus, true Christians would be following Jesus perfect example to "love your neighbor as yourself."(Matt 22:39) Peter further said of Jesus, that "when he was being reviled, he did not go reviling in return. When he was suffering, he did not go threatening, but kept on committing himself to the one who judges righteously."( 1 Pet 1:23)

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus clearly said that "You have heard that it was said, 'You must love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, so that you will become children of your Father in heaven....For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have?....So be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."(Matt 5:43-48, International Standard Version)

One who "takes up the sword", following in the nations pattern of fighting or 'protecting themselves from murderers and murderous nations, like Iran, Syria" have failed to imitate Jesus perfect pattern, who himself followed his Father's "perfect" example of love. One cannot be ' children of the Father' if one takes a militant approach to matters rather than the showing of genuine love.

Jesus never fought against anyone, but rather "kept committing himself to the one who judges righteously." Those who fail to follow this perfect example and call themselves "Christian" have brought great reproach on God's name. Paul wrote that these "claim to know God, but they deny him by their actions. They are detestable, disobedient, and disqualified to do anything good."(Titus 1:16, International Standard Version)

veteran said:
No, not just Ephraim, but the ten tribes of the "house of Israel" that Ephraim was, and still is head tribe over. Ephraim was to become "a multitude of nations" (Gen.48), and the only time that could happen was after the ten tribes were scattered out of the lands of Israel. It appears you're not prepared to deal with that, not knowing enough of The Bible to understand it. And the idea of cutting down the fig tree because of lack of fruit is about the "tares" our Lord Jesus warned of in Matt.13. Those "tares" that crept into Judah never were His children, not of His flock.

The tribe of Ephraim was not the ' new nation', for these were thrown into the same "pot" as all the other tribes of Israel. Jesus never made separation among the tribes, but placed all of them as one unit, as one nation that had rebelled against God. As a nation, these were guilty of criminal acts, with the religious leaders at the forefront of this wickedness. Hence, as a result, the entire nation was infected with "wicked reasoning." After Jesus had healed a man on the sabbath and left, the account says that "the Jews went persecuting Jesus...indeed, the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him."(John 5:16, 17)

veteran said:
You simply don't know what you're talking about, because there were many Jewish converts to Christ in Paul's days. The Book of Acts reveals that plainly. Paul in Eph.2 even made it plain that believing Gentiles have become part of the "commonwealth of Israel". That means brought into the original promises to FLESH ISRAEL, and it includes FLESH SEED of Israel that believe on Christ Jesus! You cannot just remove the seed of Israel's heritage God gave them; only He can. And the MULTITUDE of Scripture about God gathering both houses of Israel back to Him in the lands of Israel is major proof of that.

Strange it is that in 1948 Israel became a nation state again, don't ya think? It's because in Jer.24 God promised He would re-establish Judah back to the land, and not drive them out anymore. Guess you must of missed reading your Bible about that, along with many other things in God's Word.

Just because fleshly Israel became a "nation" in 1948, in no way changes what God had already said. Has the nation of fleshly Israel ' produced fruits of the kingdom' (Matt 21:43), that is "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control" ?(Gal 5:22,23)

Rather, the nation of fleshly Israel has become one of the bloodiest and most militarized nation on earth. Thus, the book of Revelation paints this for the nation of fleshly Israel because of her insistence of militarilism and totally hating God's law of love: "Then I saw an angel standing in the sun. He cried out in a loud voice to all the birds flying overhead, "Come! Gather for the great supper of God. Eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of commanders, the flesh of warriors, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, both free and slaves, both unimportant and important."(Rev 19:17, 18)

Furthermore, have you not read that "we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things...overturning reasonings raised up against the knowledge of God."(2 Cor 10:3, 4)

Has the nation of fleshly Israel applied Isaiah 2:4, that God "will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more" ?(American Standard Version)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back