Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will the Holy Spirit be removed from the earth,as in 2Thess2v7.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Lord has counseled us, through Paul's letter to Timothy, with the same guidance as in Paul's letter to the Thessalonians.

1 Tim 4:1-8
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. KJV

Bodily exercise is more and more becoming the theme of professed christian groups. Godliness is being given a back seat to temporal gain in health and wealth. It is a delusion to think that we will inherit the kingdom of God while committing acts against our conscience.

Jesus saves us from our sins. The victory is over the wicked one, even as Jacob wrestled with the angel in the dark. Then we can go forward and serve on the earth as we minister under Jesus' high priesthood in heaven. Our light will rise in obscurity.

Joe

The Lord has counseled us, through Paul's letter to Timothy, with the same guidance as in Paul's letter to the Thessalonians.

1 Tim 4:1-8
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. KJV

Bodily exercise is more and more becoming the theme of professed christian groups. Godliness is being given a back seat to temporal gain in health and wealth. It is a delusion to think that we will inherit the kingdom of God while committing acts against our conscience.

Jesus saves us from our sins. The victory is over the wicked one, even as Jacob wrestled with the angel in the dark. Then we can go forward and serve on the earth as we minister under Jesus' high priesthood in heaven. Our light will rise in obscurity.

Joe

Good POST, as you say.. 'Jesus does not save us 'IN' our sins', but Paul was not saying that we would want to stay fat slobs, huh?

And the Thread's question of the removal of the Holy Spirit?? Surely Rev. 17:1-5 ones are PAST/TENSE of this as CHURCH'S & are the instigators of 666, and that last TEST is only for the ones that were still in IGNORANCE, and benifited none of these above ones!

Both class are seen in Rev. 3:16 as 'i' see it.. SICK LUKEWARM SPEWED OUT & long past any 120 years of His Strivings! No MOVEABILTY OF THEM, seen at all! And then we see where the 666 Testing is still able to SAVE THE [COLD] ones! But the lost lukewarm majority think that they are much better than this [class] of the cold ones, huh? Matt. 7:22

--Elijah

well, it must be that "lukewarm" faith & the soulish/fleshly walk (instead of putting the spirit 1st) that is a barrier to some believers even witnessing God's power of the Holy Spirit & His gifts (ie: healing, discernment of spirits, gifts of a word of wisdom or knowledge,etc- as per 1 Cor.12)
I know my Redeemer lives too- in heaven- but His Spirit (which is one) has been sent to us. We were not left "orphans" in this world, ever! The Holy Spirit in us is how we can communicate with God. He shows us visions & speaks to our hearts. I have had a couple of "burning bush" visions- a prayer answered 25 yrs. later (only God could have known the details of) But I thank God for the neutral seasons also bc I have been through much death of family early on in life. I didn't always have "the Son" but I NEVER denied there was a God. Oh, praise His name! Lord & Savior!

1John2:27 (KJV) establishes our "anointing" of the H.S. when we believe- so no, the H.S. can never be taken away from us!
27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1John2:27 (KJV) establishes our "anointing" of the H.S. when we believe- so no, the H.S. can never be taken away from us!

--Elijah here:
That is not the question. Saul was 'turned into another man' & 'God gave him a [ANOTHER HEART] in 1 Sam. 10:6 & verse 9. And NO NEVER, OR, EVER COULD ANYONE TAKE THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM SAUL, but The Holy Spirit WAS given upon CONDITION OF OBEDIENCE! [[[:study See ACTS. 5:32's CONDITION!]]] And Saul could, & indeed did have the Holy Spirit taken away!

Now the question:
Can He be resisted & Grieved & Quenched AWAY!!?? Gen. 6:3 is not hard to understand.

Yet, we can read that the New Heart that Saul was GIVEN was later removed because he 'freely choose to dis/obey'. ['BUT THE SPIRIT OF GOD DID INDEED DEPART FROM SAUL].' 1 Sam. 16

And it IS NO DIFFERENT with these ones of 2 Peter 2:19-22. Promiseing Liberty of OSAS. But, that is just one of their denomination's many false doctrines.

Thank you all for your input,
Could you consider the restrainer to be ''The Lord Jesus Himself''.

And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of oAnd they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;dours, which are the prayers of saints.
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever
And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four [and] twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever. Rev:5v7-14.

Then once the Restraints have been removed(or Jesus allows it to happen) then Rev:6v2,comes into place.

God bless ....Ivanm.

P.s don't you consider the events happening in the ME to be the beginning of the ''Tribulation''

--Elijah here:
That is not the question. Saul was 'turned into another man' & 'God gave him a [ANOTHER HEART] in 1 Sam. 10:6 & verse 9. And NO NEVER, OR, EVER COULD ANYONE TAKE THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM SAUL, but The Holy Spirit WAS given upon CONDITION OF OBEDIENCE! [[[:study See ACTS. 5:32's CONDITION!]]] And Saul could, & indeed did have the Holy Spirit taken away!

Now the question:
Can He be resisted & Grieved & Quenched AWAY!!?? Gen. 6:3 is not hard to understand.

Yet, we can read that the New Heart that Saul was GIVEN was later removed because he 'freely choose to dis/obey'. ['BUT THE SPIRIT OF GOD DID INDEED DEPART FROM SAUL].' 1 Sam. 16

And it IS NO DIFFERENT with these ones of 2 Peter 2:19-22. Promiseing Liberty of OSAS. But, that is just one of their denomination's many false doctrines.

I just noticed you were comparing this to OSAS! Saul was in the O.T. And God had mercy on who he had mercy on. He hated Esau too- so does that mean in 2 Thess. 2 God would remove the Holy Spirit he sent? Where do we read the "Spirit of the Lord" departing from anyone in the N.T?
The Bible calls that departing of the Spirit more like a "falling away" from the faith. And that sounds possible.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.~ Heb.6:4-8 NKJV.

Notice also the preterism in the passage? "tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come?!"
To me (since you can always come back to God in repentance,) this means there was an epic event coming in the spiritual realm- the Last Day of the age- where those who would lose their lives in the great tribulation were "God's enemies" & would be the focus of His judgment & wrath. There was no "renewal" for "sin" Renewal in spirit was the answer & it only came from Christ.
That's why in Revelation 22:11, 11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Ok, I just went back over this thread and found something we might be missing?

2Th 2:5-6 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And you know what(?) is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time.

The Thessalonians knew what was restraining 'him'. Interesting.

Interesting choice of words also. "what" is restraining him? I do not know about you, but I get a little irritated when the Holy Spirit is referred to as "it", even though I have done it before. But I do not think Paul would have said this haphazardly. Because he would not have then referred to the "what" as a "he" just a few words later. Something more to ponder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the passage from Youngs Litteral Translation;

2Th 2:5-8 Do ye not remember that, being yet with you, these things I said to you? and now, what is keeping down ye have known, for his being revealed in his own time, or the secret of the lawlessness doth already work, only he who is keeping down now [will hinder] -- till he may be out of the way, and then shall be revealed the Lawless One, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the manifestation of his presence,

It seems from this 'literal' translation that Paul is not speaking about two separate "he's", but rather one in the same. Something to ponder. Too bad none of us were a fly on the wall in the Thessalonican church huh.

It might be interesting to read 1Thess and see if there is something in that letter that would indicate what the restrainer was. There is a real problem with the translaters, if you look up the actual word you will find that "taken out of the way" was placed in there when the actual word was BECOME. Look it up in the Greek, also BECOME fits perfectly.

Exactly, Nathan. None of us were church mice even in the Thessalonian church. lol.

And it's just plain disrespectful to say, "until he (the H.S.) is taken out of the way.!"
Is there someone or something more powerful than God? I don't think so. So Paul's words would never attest to that- especially when he had said for us to put on spiritual armor against the devil in that evil age.

Many think the N.T. writers could write as freely as the O.T. ones. This is not so. The gov't (Roman empire) would have silenced Paul much sooner, & no epistles would have survived, if he revealed the clear name of the "man of sin" Are you kidding?

Thess. were Paul's earliest Epistles (49 & 50AD approx. respectively) The mystery of iniquity was already at work - Claudius Caesar was the Roman emperor (AD41-54) He married Agrippina- who was Nero's mother. She planned for Nero Caesar to get the thrown instead of Claudius' son too- so she secretly had both the son & her husband emperor Claudius killed. Nero became emperor in AD 54.
Nero was part of the corporate beast (the Roman empire under Caesar). He was the 1st to persecute the Christians in arenas, etc.

Nero wasn't the "little horn" of Daniel 7 though. That was Titus, during the abomination of desolation on the Jews in the city & temple.(AD67-70.5)

Here is the Greek Interlinear for 2Thess.
The "man of sin" was a political authority & Caesar (the corporate beast) ALL had the workings of satan, sacrificing to idols & demanding to be worshiped in the temple. The Jews finally rebelled against this & Rome. But the beast turned on the woman & literally burned her with fire.
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/2th2.pdf

--Elijah here:

Now the question:

More of Gods Word:

Amos.8
[1] Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and behold a basket of summer fruit.
[2] And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.

(Spiritual Israel's repeat! Eccl. 3:15 + Rev. 2:5 + Rev. 17:1-5's WHOLE satan's Crew! Rev. 3:9)

[3] And the songs of the temple shall be howlings in that day, saith the Lord GOD: there shall be many dead bodies in every place; they shall cast them forth with silence.

[4] Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
[5] Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?
(and these ones of today could care less about just balances & deceit?? or Sabbath of the Lord! See 2 Cor. 4:2)

[6] That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?
[7] The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works.
(Works?? we are saved by only believ'ism!!.. don'tcha know! .... is their CONSTANT CRY! Never you mind, Just Dump Eccl. 12:13-14 + Rev. 20:12)

[8] Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein? and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.

[9] And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:
[10] And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; (spiritually brain dead!) and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.

[11] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

[12] And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
(and if you read well in todays PRINT [ANYWHERE], find a place where there is any Unity of the Lord's DOCTRINES from His Way as seen in Psalms 77:13 And BEING 'LED' OF THE HOLY GHOST??? Rom. 8:14 None seem to be 'hearing of the words of the Lord' as we speak! And who of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones have changed in the least way their 120 year's of having the Holy Spirit trying to get them to repent & do so????)

[13] In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.
[14] They that swear by the sin of Samaria, and say, Thy god, O Dan, liveth; and, The manner of Beer-sheba liveth; even they shall fall, and never rise up again.

(even though it might not do much good?? See Isaiah 5:4 + Obadiah 1:16:study)

--Elijah

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way. 2Thess2v7.

And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: Joel 2v28.

"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Acts 2v17.

God bless...Ivanm
No
John 17v15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

It is not the Holy Spirit that is removed according to 2Thess2v7. This verse concerns the events surrounding the martyrdom of James the Just circa 62AD.:twocents

and;

Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way. 2Th 2:3-7
2 Thessalonians 2 from 3-7 tells us that Satan was already at work in the disciples days and it is God that was 'letting', that is to say permitting, Satan to work iniquity.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath [is] in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD. Job 1:12
and;
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he [is] in thine hand; but save his life. Job 2:6
God is restraining Satan in the degree of iniquity that he is permitted to carry out because 'that man of sin, the son of perdition' is for a specific time in God's plan and will only come into being 'in his time'.

God will permit Satan to carry out iniquity until His plan is fulfilled. Satan has a purpose in God's plan and is permitted until the beginning of the 1000 years when he will be bound in the bottomless pit.
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. Rev 20:1-3
After the 1000 years Satan will again be permitted by God to work iniquity for a short time until all those who are alive in the flesh at this time are tested in their faith. Once he has fulfilled his purpose he will be 'taken out of the way' and not permitted to work iniquity any longer.
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone... Rev 20:10
Part of the preparation for...
Folks, read this and then tell me there is a "taken out of the way" in 2Thess2:7 Greek, he who restrains at present until out of midst become and THEN will be revealed the lawless one. Paul did not write to the Thess that "he will be taken out of the way" someone decided for whatever purpose to add that to what Paul wrote. Paul wrote to the Thess that he who restrains at present until out of midst(humanity) he become(antichrist to be born) and THEN will be revealed the lawless one.

Folks, read this and then tell me there is a "taken out of the way" in 2Thess2:7 Greek, he who restrains at present until out of midst become and THEN will be revealed the lawless one. Paul did not write to the Thess that "he will be taken out of the way" someone decided for whatever purpose to add that to what Paul wrote. Paul wrote to the Thess that he who restrains at present until out of midst(humanity) he become(antichrist to be born) and THEN will be revealed the lawless one.

I read that [[[post]]] & do not agree with the [[[post]]]!;) (that is for the Rock 'poster' to see!)

'i' see NO human life left upon earth during the 1000 years other than satan & his angels crew. When Christ comes this Second time the dead RIGHTOUS have their FIRST RESURECTION & they & the living RIGHTOUS leave desolate earth for this period of 1000 years. It is after that 1000 years that they all come back to await(SEE!) their VERDICT'S EXECUTION STAGE of the FINAL SECOND DEATH of satan & the pre/judged ALL STILL DEAD ONES [SECOND ETERNAL DEATH ONES]. But first they must have their resurrection, huh!

SO: Before the New Jersulem set down in her [PROMISED LAND], ALL OF THE WICKED will now have their resurrection! They were already PRE/JUDGED LOST when Christ brought His REWARD WITH HIM at His Second Coming. (Eccl. 12:13-14 Rev. 22:12)

Think of the billions of wicked + fallen angels & satan, these humans come out of the grave the same way that they entered into it, so satan once again is 'LOOSED FROM his prison' (of circumstances Jer. 4) & they still believe this liar from the beginning, & believe that they can take the City of New Jerusalem! (think Matt. 7's Broadway & what NUMBERS mean to these one still!)

Then FIRE COMES DOWN FROM GOD OUT OF HEAVEN and cleanses the lower heaven + all of the earth from sin, SIN + SINNERS! This is hell & the SECOND 'ETERNAL' DEATH! (see Luke 12:47-48 for the by far worse sinner! + Obadiah 1:16 FINAL OBLITERATION OF SIN + SINNER!)

All of this will take place right before the eyes of the Saints. The EXECUTION of each with it being according to their 'type' of JURY JUDGEMENT which they had a part of! (1 Cor. 6:2-3)

It is then that God recreats the New Heavens & the New Earth & New Jersulam will sit down in the Promised Land of Zech. 14:1-6

--Elijah

well, it must be that "lukewarm" faith & the soulish/fleshly walk (instead of putting the spirit 1st) that is a barrier to some believers even witnessing God's power of the Holy Spirit & His gifts (ie: healing, discernment of spirits, gifts of a word of wisdom or knowledge,etc- as per 1 Cor.12)
I know my Redeemer lives too- in heaven- but His Spirit (which is one) has been sent to us. We were not left "orphans" in this world, ever! The Holy Spirit in us is how we can communicate with God. He shows us visions & speaks to our hearts. I have had a couple of "burning bush" visions- a prayer answered 25 yrs. later (only God could have known the details of) But I thank God for the neutral seasons also bc I have been through much death of family early on in life. I didn't always have "the Son" but I NEVER denied there was a God. Oh, praise His name! Lord & Savior!

27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Lehigh,

The Spirit communicates for us, to Jesus. It is Jesus who communicates/intercedes with God the Father, in our behalf.

Rom 8:23
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. KJV

Rom 8:26-27
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. KJV

Joe

The "man of sin" is now present with us.

The commercializing of the gospel of Jesus Christ is the "man of sin."

Joe

The "man of sin" is now present with us.

The commercializing of the gospel of Jesus Christ is the "man of sin."

Joe

Today's commercializing of the gospel of Jesus Christ is a reflection of some of the attributes of the actual "man of sin" written of in 2Thess.

Lehigh,
The Spirit communicates for us, to Jesus. It is Jesus who communicates/intercedes with God the Father, in our behalf.

I disagree with that wording though. The Spirit is one. We can communicate directly to the Father & ask in Jesus' name, bc of the Holy Spirit, which is in us.

Deep calls onto deep. Spirit to Spirit. We didn't receive the little man "spirit of the world" (1Cor.2:12).

At my salvation experience I asked God what He wanted me to do and the Holy Spirit said to me,"you must accept My Son as your Savior". The Spirit that spoke to me identified Himself as God the Father.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back