Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will the Lord give me another chance? please pray for me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

xhayatox

I was recently hired at Century 21. This week, we were assigned to complete 4 days of training. I successfully completed 3 days, but on the last day I was not able to attend due to certain circumstances. I called them afterwards, and explained the situation. They told me that the training is mandatory, and I am required to complete all 4 days. They also stated that there is no way to reschedule the training because its only every 2 weeks or so, and they aren't sure when the next training is. So now they told me they are taking me out of the system, and I have to reapply all over again, and complete the training from scratch. Plus there is no guarantee of me getting the training again so I am really upset at this point.

When I had the job, I complained about it and took it for granted. Now that I technically don't have it anymore, I am truly upset and wish that I wasn't so naive. I realize my mistake, and I should have more thankful for it. Is there any chance that the Lord may let me redeem myself and give me another chance? I messed up, and I admit it. I have spent the last few days in massive pain, and I hope that God can see my strength and please give me another chance at this job. I am sorry, dear Lord. Please allow me the chance to redeem myself. I repent. I repent.

Also, I just want to say that the reason I wasn't able to attend the last day was because I suddenly had a panic attack that night, and my heart went up, and I felt like I was going to die. I had no intentions of missing work that day. I was fully prepared and ready to go, but when that panic attack hit me, I have been suffering ever since. These last 3 days, I have not been able to eat, sleep, or function properly. My mental state is terrible. I feel like I am losing myself within myself. Please guys, please pray for my life to start falling in order. I beg you.

I was recently hired at Century 21. This week, we were assigned to complete 4 days of training. I successfully completed 3 days, but on the last day I was not able to attend due to certain circumstances. I called them afterwards, and explained the situation. They told me that the training is mandatory, and I am required to complete all 4 days. They also stated that there is no way to reschedule the training because its only every 2 weeks or so, and they aren't sure when the next training is. So now they told me they are taking me out of the system, and I have to reapply all over again, and complete the training from scratch. Plus there is no guarantee of me getting the training again so I am really upset at this point.

When I had the job, I complained about it and took it for granted. Now that I technically don't have it anymore, I am truly upset and wish that I wasn't so naive. I realize my mistake, and I should have more thankful for it. Is there any chance that the Lord may let me redeem myself and give me another chance? I messed up, and I admit it. I have spent the last few days in massive pain, and I hope that God can see my strength and please give me another chance at this job. I am sorry, dear Lord. Please allow me the chance to redeem myself. I repent. I repent.

Also, I just want to say that the reason I wasn't able to attend the last day was because I suddenly had a panic attack that night, and my heart went up, and I felt like I was going to die. I had no intentions of missing work that day. I was fully prepared and ready to go, but when that panic attack hit me, I have been suffering ever since. These last 3 days, I have not been able to eat, sleep, or function properly. My mental state is terrible. I feel like I am losing myself within myself. Please guys, please pray for my life to start falling in order. I beg you.

First of all, get yourself to a Doctor, you may need medication to control your panic attacks, or they may affect future opportunities. There are medications that can help with this problem...

You should get your anxiety under control. I have severe mental illness, and I gladly take medication for it. You may not need meds (some people can take meds as needed or only for a few weeks when dealing with anxiety), but you definitely need to do *something* to stabilize. What's making you so anxious that you freak out and lose a job? I don't ask this to be harsh, I'm asking because clearly there's something going on, and nobody knows your life like you do. Of course, it could be a physical problem. If you have insurance, you might want to talk to a doctor about it, although they'll probably just put you on some kind of a psychiatric medication and/or refer you to somebody you can talk to.

Anyway, you probably shouldn't have complained about the job or taken it for granted. We're in a Deep Recession, and jobs are hard to come by. Besides, its a good idea to deal with where the Lord has placed you and the opportunities He has chosen to give you, and to do the work given you as well as can with as little complaining as possible. That said, I don't think God will cut you off from future employment because you had a bad attitude about this job. If you'll notice, God has a way of using trials to better His children, to make us stronger and more humble and more fruitful. Maybe that's what this is about? I mean, if you can change your life so you stop freaking out, appreciate what God is doing for you, and do your next job to the best of your ability w/o an attitude, then God will have made you a better person.

Good luck!

How upsetting this must have been for you! There are measures you can take for anxiety, even panic attacks as you had. Breathe. Focus on your breathing. When we as humans are anxious, we tend to hold our breath, and that makes the physical feelings even worse. By focussing on your breath, it also helps you to take your mind off the offending situation. The mind can only focus on one thing at a time.

Yes, there are medications that you can take for this. There are also herbs that help calm. There is also psychotherapy that can help correct the thinking and fears that are behind the attacks.

Part of the CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) helps to reframe our thoughts. Where the panic attacks says "fight or flight" (let me attack, or get me outta here!) CBT helps you take stock of the real situation, learning when it really is a safe environment that you can stay in.

It is a process. You can begin this process on your own by memorizing some key things to tell yourself. Adjust these words to suit your way of learning. Once you memorize some statements, they should kick in when panicked and you can repeat them to yourself over and over. If you have favorite Bible Verses that help you (and don't we all?) then run them through your mind as well.

"I am safe. I am safe." "God is here. I don't have to leave." "Breathe! Long, slow breaths will help me feel and think better." "I can do this" "This isn't going to harm me." :pray

Remember that in the big scheme of life this job may not be important later on. Funnily enough, today I was listening to a Living waters podcast and heard an advertisement for their book about panic attacks.. what are the odds? Perhaps you should check that out

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back