Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Willaim Lane Craig

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think we need to be careful as Christians to not disagree with objective scientific evidence simply because it contradicts with our understanding of Scripture. It certainly is possible that time began at the big bang, and God could have set the Big Bang into effect. Keep in mind, that God is an infinite being that lives outside of our temporal dimension, this would lead me to believe that there was no time before the bang which would certainly back up the mathematical proofs of relativity.

anthony123 said:
I think we need to be careful as Christians to not disagree with objective scientific evidence simply because it contradicts with our understanding of Scripture. It certainly is possible that time began at the big bang, and God could have set the Big Bang into effect. Keep in mind, that God is an infinite being that lives outside of our temporal dimension, this would lead me to believe that there was no time before the bang which would certainly back up the mathematical proofs of relativity.
I understand and kind of agree with your points, Anthony. The question seems valid; what is the evidence that God doesn't exist? I honestly believe no such evidence exists. Plus whatever empirical evidence they can muster up concerning the "big bang" and the creation will not ever shake my faith because I believe in my heart and entire being that it is God who sets all things into existence and into motion. :amen

Vic C. said:
anthony123 said:
I understand and kind of agree with your points, Anthony. The question seems valid; what is the evidence that God doesn't exist? I honestly believe no such evidence exists. Plus whatever empirical evidence they can muster up concerning the "big bang" and the creation will not ever shake my faith because I believe in my heart and entire being that it is God who sets all things into existence and into motion. :amen

So hard facts in the form of Empirical (tested) evidence won't shake your faith? As a Christian I have high expectations of God. Logic and evidence must back Him up or else my faith needs revision. Science is another form of revelation. It reveals how God works.

Well my expectations are different then. My faith isn't based on man's physical evidence because they can't and never will be able to prove God doesn't exist. My faith isn't conditional either. It's not based on what God does for me on a daily basis. It's based on what HE has already done for me. :amen

It isn't my faith, but my understanding that changes based on any knowledge I achieve in the present, about the present or about history. Personally, faith that changes based on physical evidence, is faith that isn't on solid ground.

Vic C. said:
Well my expectations are different then. My faith isn't based on man's physical evidence because they can't and never will be able to prove God doesn't exist. My faith isn't conditional either. It's not based on what God does for me on a daily basis. It's based on what HE has already done for me. :amen

It isn't my faith, but my understanding that changes based on any knowledge I achieve in the present, about the present or about history. Personally, faith that changes based on physical evidence, is faith that isn't on solid ground.

Amen

I agree! So long as your Faith is in Jesus and not in Jesus + Something. For example:

Jesus + evolution can't be true
Jesus + the Earth can't be 15 billion years old

So if your faith is tied to Jesus plus some scientifically implausible assumption of our Universe, it won't last once you understand the truth of how old the Earth is, for example.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back