Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Windows 10 Out The Window

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Fire that rascal up and either right click on My Computer or open the Menu and right click it and select Properties. If you have less than 3.5 gigs of RAM listed there, yes, it needs to have two Two Gig Sticks of RAM to run it's fastest
I get this... i can open the tower and replace part that is easy knowing which parts is not... :) and you are very correct what is comodo..

Fire that rascal up and either right click on My Computer or open the Menu and right click it and select Properties. If you have less than 3.5 gigs of RAM listed there, yes, it needs to have two Two Gig Sticks of RAM to run it's fastest. I loaded the unit, just left, withj the free Version of Comodo because it still covers XP and because it loads, at your discretion, Chrome and in addition to actively checking your files for virus' it makes Chrome into Chromodo, a web safe browser.
That's nothin'.
My 486 has a 4 barrell, fuel injection, and 650 HP.
Tack it up, tack it up, buddy gonna shut you down...

I get this... i can open the tower and replace part that is easy knowing which parts is not... :) and you are very correct what is comodo..
It is searchable by that name and it is from the wgite Hat Hackers of Linux fame. It is a very well thought out anti-virus program and firewall.

com·mode
kəˈmōd/
noun
noun: commode; plural noun: commodes
  1. 1.
    a piece of furniture containing a concealed chamber pot.
    • North American
      a toilet.
    • North Americanhistorical
      a movable washstand.
  2. 2.
    a chest of drawers or chiffonier of a decorative type popular in the 18th century.
Origin

The only issue I have really had with Windows 10 was using the parental controls, which forces you to setup an email account for each kid, which means the parental controls are handled online, instead on the local machine. And that doesn't even work. With Windows 8/8.1 it was a local program that you could set time limits, which would kick them off when their time was up (very useful feature when you have multiple kids needing to use the same machine).

One other thing which I am not sure if it is Windows 10 related or Office 2013, but I am unable to print from Word to our new printer. My current workaround for that is to convert the word doc into a pdf, then print it normally with our printer. Looks like I will need to do some digging to fix this issue.

Comodo is a security software, which includes a firewall and other tools to keep your PC safe.

Commode, is just another name for the porcelain throne.

I use Comodo on my Vista laptop. It's so good, it will protect your computer even if the virus definitions are way out of date. It sandboxes everything it doesn't know unless you say otherwise.

I did the Win10 upgrade and despite a few nagging issues with compatibility and so on, and IE being REALLY slow, I like it. Just installed Chrome and it is a lot faster than IE. Didn't like the Edge component because it lacks any pertinent help files and doesn't do what I want my browser to do. I like Windows Defender as it means I don't need a separate A/V malware program.

I like Windows Defender as it means I don't need a separate A/V malware program.
And that will be great, right up until you get popped and then you will curse yourself because men that have been doing IT jobs for years have warned you and offered you the advise to use the one program that will never interfere with you Defender but will keep your unit safe and protected from everyone, save Micro Soft and the NSA.

And that will be great, right up until you get popped and then you will curse yourself because men that have been doing IT jobs for years have warned you and offered you the advise to use the one program that will never interfere with you Defender but will keep your unit safe and protected from everyone, save Micro Soft and the NSA.

I'm not worried about that Bill. I have used MS since 1994, and have NEVER found an OS that is more ready for Prime Time, with the exception of Android on my tablet. If WD does fail me I can go after MS as it's their product.

I think windows 10 is awesome, and if you don't like it calling Microsoft, you can shut that all down anyway.

usually each brand new version of OS passes through process of improvement, bug fixing and final polishing, no matter whether it is Windows, OS X, Linux distribution, etc., and usually this takes weeks/months

Blessings

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back