Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Windows 9 preview

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As if 8 wasn't enough trouble? What are they trying to prove anyway, that they have the power to keep us all lost and confused indefinitely? None of these new versions has done one thing better for me and have only created unnecessary problems and made my computer harder to use because I constantly have to re-learn how to do the same old jobs. When I was forced to use Windows 8 I spent more time working at figuring out how to do my work than I spent actually doing my work, and still haven't figured out a lot of it. Many tasks I used to do I simply don't do anymore because I can't figure out how to make the new OS do them. And now they want us to start all over again for no reason? This is crazy and makes me just want to throw my computer in the trash and buy a good paperback book to read instead.

Since they claim this new windows is meant to fix all the problems with windows 8, will they be offering it for free to those who were forced to take windows 8 with their new computers? Or will they give us a refund on the cost of windows 8 since this is tantamount to an admission that it was a defective product from the beginning? I doubt it. They will just get richer from everyone who will be duped or forced into buying this new OS. I have no confidence in Microsoft anymore to actually produce a working product.

Since they claim this new windows is meant to fix all the problems with windows 8, will they be offering it for free to those who were forced to take windows 8 with their new computers? Or will they give us a refund on the cost of windows 8 since this is tantamount to an admission that it was a defective product from the beginning?

Dream on. When Windows 98 was released, they claimed it fixed 15,000 bugs in Windows 95. In other words, Win 98 was a bug fix for Win 95, but they still made people pay for it. Windows Vista was version 6.0. Windows 7 isn't version 7, but rather 6.1. It's just a minor update to Vista, but people were so dissatisfied with Vista, that they decided to give it a new name, and instead of giving it free as a patch or service pack, which is basically what it was, they sold it at full price. The same thing will happen with Windows 9. One of these days they'll figure out that they're doing something wrong. Windows used to have a 90% market share. According to W3Counter, all versions of Windows put together account for 62.23% of all Internet users.

The TOG​

oh I had vista and seven, much easier to use. im Obadiah. the army wont even work much with windows 8. hint. their web site is akin to the myriad problems with the obamacare portals.

Dream on. When Windows 98 was released, they claimed it fixed 15,000 bugs in Windows 95. In other words, Win 98 was a bug fix for Win 95, but they still made people pay for it. Windows Vista was version 6.0. Windows 7 isn't version 7, but rather 6.1. It's just a minor update to Vista, but people were so dissatisfied with Vista, that they decided to give it a new name, and instead of giving it free as a patch or service pack, which is basically what it was, they sold it at full price. The same thing will happen with Windows 9. One of these days they'll figure out that they're doing something wrong. Windows used to have a 90% market share. According to W3Counter, all versions of Windows put together account for 62.23% of all Internet users.

The TOG​
Yeah, so it sounds like they owe us all a refund for everything since Windows 95. When do i get my check?

oh I had vista and seven, much easier to use. im Obadiah. the army wont even work much with windows 8. hint. their web site is akin to the myriad problems with the obamacare portals.
My home computer is custom built and I specified Win 7 instead of 8. The guy that built it really wanted to put 8 on it because 8 was new at the time and he wanted some experience installing and setting it up. Talked to him today and now that some time has gone by, you should hear him badmouthing Win 8! Both 95 and XP worked great for me. The only reason I went to Win 7 from XP was because I'm a flight sim fan (FSX and LockOn Gold mainly) Win 7 runs 64 bit so the sims work a lot better. Otherwise I'd probably still be using 95!

Last edited:
I am running 7 and 8 by dual booting on my desktop and just 7 on to laptops. I had some issues with 8.1 so I went back to plain old 8. Because 8.1 was missing some key things like, factory restore an system restore. I mean they ar there but when you click on them you will get nothing.

I am running 7 and 8 by dual booting on my desktop and just 7 on to laptops. I had some issues with 8.1 so I went back to plain old 8. Because 8.1 was missing some key things like, factory restore an system restore. I mean they ar there but when you click on them you will get nothing.
In the past I've had viruses wipe out my system restore so when it was actually needed it was useless. The entire hard drive had to be reformatted and everything loaded back in from scratch. Been using Acronis True Image automatic backup software for a few years now. It regularly backs up everything to a separate hard drive and restoring is a snap. Twice I was hit by viruses and another time I must have made some kind of mistake while installing a program and lost massive amounts of my data. Acronis bailed me out every time with just a few mouse clicks. You can set it to keep current backups of anything from 1 file to an entire hard drive.

So, why are we all complaining about Windows operating system and having to learn the new features every time a new distribution comes out, plus the problems or viruses that require us to re-install it over and over again?

So, why don't we try another operating system that doesn't cost anything and have all those problems? Oh, that's right. It's still something new to learn so let's stay away from it and we are too afraid to install it, even though it'll only have to have to be done once -- guaranteed. :lol

So, why are we all complaining about Windows operating system and having to learn the new features every time a new distribution comes out, plus the problems or viruses that require us to re-install it over and over again?

So, why don't we try another operating system that doesn't cost anything and have all those problems? Oh, that's right. It's still something new to learn so let's stay away from it and we are too afraid to install it, even though it'll only have to have to be done once -- guaranteed. :lol
I've thought about doing exactly that a number of times! Only thing is being a flight sim fan the programs I use either don't seem to be compatible or making them work is just to tedious when you add those problems on top of what is already a very tedious hobby. I've not found anyone in the flight sim community that's been able to make all the associated programs and add-ons work properly on anything other than a Windows machine, and then only on certain versions of Windows. :shame

I've already cried on Tim' s shoulder so he knows this but my last build fried because I overclocked my quad core
amd for the past two years. As a result, my wife and daughter picked me up one of the latest and greatest HP Pavillion Slimline 400-224 with a Foxconn All-In-One Mainboard system built, specifically, for windoze 8.1 and I will be running trash for the next 6 to 8 months, until the Linux Kernel has debugged for the new All- in-One Combination AMD Processor. I have worked on windoze errors and issues snice 95 but this system is a true nightmare. As soon as the Linux/Unix Kernel gets the bugs out of this system, I'm back to the system that is constant and reliable and $230, at least, cheaper.

That was one of the reasons the city of Munich switched their computers to Linux. After having made the switch, they say it cost less to train people to use Linux than it would have to train them to use Windows 7 and then Windows 8 if they had stayed with Microsoft. And since the interface (a customized version of KDE) is similar to the Windows XP interface, there was actually a lot less that people had to learn, so there was less loss of productivity.

The TOG​

Yeah, so it sounds like they owe us all a refund for everything since Windows 95. When do i get my check?
Optimist!:lol

This is what the sale of yuk software buys:
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Bill Gates yacht while on vacation in Belize. 440 foot long, 330 million dollars.

The shell software / program has made our windows 8 computer an acceptable choice. Thanks so much.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back