Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Windows frozen

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You know not because you believe the windoze lies. No other operating system has as much virus, trojan, worm, or root kit trouble, none of them. Windows even comes with a built in root kit that is a key mapper that reports, directly to America's NSA. Everyone in the Linux World knows this and most MAC users know it. It is not a reaking story.

And you provide not a shred of documented evidence to support your claim. You did not answer what I wrote, so your response is a red herring.

I have been using Microsoft for over a decade and have not had one problem with a virus, trojan, worm or root kit trouble. None of them.

Now provide documentation that Microsoft reports directly to America's NSA (National Security Agency). I want evidence, not Bill's opinion.

Oz

You know not because you believe the windoze lies. No other operating system has as much virus, trojan, worm, or root kit trouble, none of them. Windows even comes with a built in root kit that is a key mapper that reports, directly to America's NSA. Everyone in the Linux World knows this and most MAC users know it. It is not a reaking story.

Bill,

I decided to send your statement about Windows to my son who is an IT professional, Linux Ubuntu user, and this was his response that came through on 5 January 2017:

No, it's not true. There are certainly major privacy issues with Windows 10, but they do not log keystrokes to the NSA. The NSA has malware capable of doing that, but you need to be a target for them to want to do that.

There are privacy concerns with all operating systems - even Ubuntu. It's all a matter deciding how much inconvenience you're willing to put up with to get privacy & security.​

Seems like you could be promoting a conspiracy theory. My son added: Well if it is a conspiracy, he, as an employee of the company which produces Ubuntu, is unaware of it.

Regards,
Oz

Last edited:
G'day Bill, calvin here.
Really it is one huge growth industry.
"Here is an OS, here are its vulnerabilities.
Right some script to exploit those vulnerabilities.
Sell some software to remove those harmful scripts and pay me some of the royalties.
Meanwhile I'll write an update for my OS with fixes for the old vulnerabilities and give you a list of the new vulnerabilities engineered into it."

There are a lot of cleaver people out there who mostly use their cleaver to make money, veiled behind mischief.
Adobe no longer supports a Linux version of their acrobat reader,...why?
There are heaps of other programs that support windoze and the apple OS, but don't bother about Unix based OS,....why?
The same situation exist with many many device drivers, plenty of windoze and osx support, but not Linux,...why?
Answer to all of above $$$$
If I was capable of writing a particular device driver for windoze and for OSX, I most certainly would have the ability to write one for Linux.
So in some instances Linux lags behind until someone can spare the unpaid time to write an independent driver.
just my :twocents end of rant.
I agree and this, in large part is the reason it took me until 2007 to make the swap. But by '07 there were so many nerds around the world, working 24/7 that I jumped on board and began helping folks jump on board. I bagan with windoze DOS and whem MS bought Office and re-tagged it MS Office I was part of an illegal team that disassembled the MS Products and fixed some of the errors they had made, shoving it out the door without enough testing... greed!

I haven't done any White Hat activity since 1990 but I do try to help people understand that systems, all Linux, such as Red Hat, Ubuntu, Mint, and Debian are so much less dangerous to use and that while nerds like me and much more into programming love Linux because we can get inside the software, legally, and make changes to suit ourselves, it is not a requirement to be able to build and/or program their unit to use Linux Operating Systems as just a user. I have, for a large part, been successful in converting youngsters and to some extent, elders. And MS is colluding with the Government to place back doors into the windoze system that is just wrong. When the DOS Hole than any Tech worth ten cents knows is there hit it's 17th year, Mary Jo Foley asked them when they were going to plug that hole and they answered "Never, how would we do anything to that system accross the Internet?" My wording of the MS quote may be off, it has been a few years now and the Multiple Sclerosis is killing myh ability to do a lot and memory is one of them.

Bill,

I decided to send your statement about Windows to my son who is an IT professional, Linux Ubuntu user, and this was his response that came through on 5 January 2017:

No, it's not true. There are certainly major privacy issues with Windows 10, but they do not log keystrokes to the NSA. The NSA has malware capable of doing that, but you need to be a target for them to want to do that.

There are privacy concerns with all operating systems - even Ubuntu. It's all a matter deciding how much inconvenience you're willing to put up with to get privacy & security.​

Seems like you could be promoting a conspiracy theory. My son added: Well if it is a conspiracy, he, as an employee of the company which produces Ubuntu, is unaware of it.

Regards,
Oz
What-ever, the root kit with the key logger and the buildings with billions of recording hard drives are there and working and you are free to believe as you wish.

What-ever, the root kit with the key logger and the buildings with billions of recording hard drives are there and working and you are free to believe as you wish.

My son is an IT professional working for the Ubuntu inventor and you don't want to believe what he wrote that 'There are privacy concerns with all operating systems - even Ubuntu'.
Seems like you have a blind spot. :bath

DROP THE PERSONAL ATTACKS
Really guys grown men can not talk to each other with out throwing jabs ... it does not seems to matter the topic the jabs are what is important...
it is time to drop them from here

do not reply to this post in this thread

Last edited:
Chewing the cud is good as we say over here.

Let's try not to spit it at each other.

Mind you I know I can be as guilty as the next man. Who is the next man?

Mind you I know I can be as guilty as the next man. Who is the next man?

Do you mean 'as guilty as the next man or woman? Who is the next man or woman?'

I hope so!

images

I don't cause I know my gramma, although I do know my grandma,

Anyway is it me, thee, I, thou, you or the next person?

Back