Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wives, Need some advice?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
P

Preacher Boy

goodwifes.jpg

* Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
* Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
* Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
* Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.
* During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
* Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.
* Be happy to see him.
* Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
* Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
* Don't greet him with complaints and problems.
* Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
* Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
* Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
* Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
* A good wife always knows her place.

:o

Me hands this to fiance.

Fiance laughs at me.

...Yeah, that's about how it would go. :lol:

LOL, thank God times change. Obviously we don't know what the future will bring and it not set in stone, but its more likely I will work and my fiance be a househusband when the kids come along.

Especially having problems with "You have no right to question him"

dancing queen said:
LOL, thank God times change. Obviously we don't know what the future will bring and it not set in stone, but its more likely I will work and my fiance be a househusband when the kids come along.

Especially having problems with "You have no right to question him"

This thread was half heartedly a jest, but switching roles is unbiblical regardless of the times...

I wonder if hubby does the same if wifey is the breadwinner? :wink:

Um humm. :roll: I am a Proverbs 31 wannabe....

Norma Rae and Karen Silkwood all rolled into one.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go iron my hair ribbon.

P.S. Preacher Boy, Good choice of emoticons.

Ah . . . don't we long for the good ole days when a good wife always knew her place :-D

What happened? Did someone suggest equality? :-?

This is all fine and dandy if
1)he remembers to thank her for making a delicious dinner just for him.
2)If she dresses up for him, he needs to notice her and make her feel attractive like he did when they were dating, not bury himself in the paper, computer, or TV.
3)" Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift " Then he must carry on a conversation with her, and not expect her to entertain him as he just gives one word replies or grunts.
4)"Clear away the clutter" Okay, but he should not make unnecessary clutter for her either by throwing socks on the floor and junk mail on the table.
5)"During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him " Does this suggest that she should stay home in the cold until the husband comes home? What gentleman would want his wife to endure the discomforts of the cold? I should hope he would prefer to suffer than have his wife to do so and vice versa.
6)"Minimize all noise." This is fair since he probably needs time to unwind when he gets home, but after unwinding, he should play with the kids to give the wife a break.
7)" Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him. " And he should do the same for her.
8) "remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours. " How sad!
9)"Don't complain if he's late for dinner " That is fair as long as he does not complain if she has not put away the laundry.
10)"don't complain if he stays out all night" I doubt God would agree with this one.
11)" Make him comfortable." That is nice, but he needs to rub her shoulders or do something to help her relax too.
12) " A good wife always knows her place. " and a good husband will also remember his place!

Some of this is timeless and practical for any marriage, but only if it is a two way street.

paisley said:
This is all fine and dandy if
1)he remembers to thank her for making a delicious dinner just for him.
2)If she dresses up for him, he needs to notice her and make her feel attractive like he did when they were dating, not bury himself in the paper, computer, or TV.
3)" Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift " Then he must carry on a conversation with her, and not expect her to entertain him as he just gives one word replies or grunts.
4)"Clear away the clutter" Okay, but he should not make unnecessary clutter for her either by throwing socks on the floor and junk mail on the table.
5)"During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him " Does this suggest that she should stay home in the cold until the husband comes home? What gentleman would want his wife to endure the discomforts of the cold? I should hope he would prefer to suffer than have his wife to do so and vice versa.
6)"Minimize all noise." This is fair since he probably needs time to unwind when he gets home, but after unwinding, he should play with the kids to give the wife a break.
7)" Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him. " And he should do the same for her.
8) "remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours. " How sad!
9)"Don't complain if he's late for dinner " That is fair as long as he does not complain if she has not put away the laundry.
10)"don't complain if he stays out all night" I doubt God would agree with this one.
11)" Make him comfortable." That is nice, but he needs to rub her shoulders or do something to help her relax too.
12) " A good wife always knows her place. " and a good husband will also remember his place!

Some of this is timeless and practical for any marriage, but only if it is a two way street.

Excellent rebuttal! :biggrin

I hate to say it, but a lot of men always remember his wife is supposed to submit to him, but seems to forget the part where he is supposed to respect his wife and treat her the same as his own body. 8-)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back