Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women Pastors in the Pulpit............what sayest thou?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve." (1 Timothy 2:12 NIV1984)

This for me removes all the cultural points about the subject. There's no sense in debating it in regard to culture since Paul makes his appeal directly to the order of headship God created from the beginning.

But God bless our very talented and truly inspired women who comfort and edify the body of Christ. It's just that God has not ordained for them to do that from an official position of authority over the church. That's all.
I simply cannot fathom how this can be argued with.

That's your rebuttal?? I couldn't write something more vague if I tried.

Actually, your original rebutt is not really vague its just not honest.
What you did with your response was find a case in the bible where a woman is mentioned, and falsely conclude that a mention creates a role of leadership.
ha ha ha not quite.
This is a pretext., but not a proof.
For example you completely invent a "leadership postion" for "Phebe" in Romans 16:1.
You just made it up to try to win an argument so that you dont appear to be false regarding your original position.
You just created a leadership role out of thin air for this woman.
She had no leadership role, and Paul clearly CLEARLY commends her and 2 others for being good helpers in his ministry and in others.
So, in your mind, a "helpler" is a leadership role.
So, that is why i will again commend the donkey, who helped Jesus.
There is your leader, according to your idea of "leadership".;)

K

Last edited by a moderator:
"12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve." (1 Timothy 2:12 NIV1984)

This for me removes all the cultural points about the subject. There's no sense in debating it in regard to culture since Paul makes his appeal directly to the order of headship God created from the beginning.

But God bless our very talented and truly inspired women who comfort and edify the body of Christ. It's just that God has not ordained for them to do that from an official position of authority over the church. That's all.

This is in the context of a husband/wife relationship, not a corporate setting that forbids women from teaching. I find it amazing that many English translation put a foot note that syas or Husband, but that only 3 use the word Husband.
Paul says in a few different scriptures that women pray and prophesy in church. One of his co-workers in Christ was Priscilla, in Romans 16:3. The ONLY time pastor is used in the NT is in Eph 4:11, and it mentions NO gender requirement.
Except where specifically stated in scripture, I find nothing in scripture that limits a womans work as a pastor in the pulpit.

This is in the context of a husband/wife relationship, not a corporate setting that forbids women from teaching. I find it amazing that many English translation put a foot note that syas or Husband, but that only 3 use the word Husband.
Paul says in a few different scriptures that women pray and prophesy in church. One of his co-workers in Christ was Priscilla, in Romans 16:3. The ONLY time pastor is used in the NT is in Eph 4:11, and it mentions NO gender requirement.
Except where specifically stated in scripture, I find nothing in scripture that limits a womans work as a pastor in the pulpit.

Would that woman pastor happen to be married?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back