Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women Pastors

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
well since you went there.

define according ancient judaism and the ecfs and the greco-roman world what was the age of consent? and adulthood. hints in not 18.

if that is the case then well my mom cant teach me when i was under 18 and over that age you are to tell me, and i know a pastor who teaches his church that the age of manhood and womenhood is that age. i agree and i intend to do that with my kids in my house and no they wont violate laws just that i will ease responsilities on them treat them as such.

What does chronological age have to do with it, if you are 47, and the woman be 25 and she is more knowledgeable in the bible, then she can teach you and not violate 1 Tim 2:11-12... in fact she should teach you...

What does chronological age have to do with it, if you are 47, and the woman be 25 and she is more knowledgeable in the bible, then she can teach you and not violate 1 Tim 2:11-12... in fact she should teach you...

really so you would allow your son to disobey your mother at age 13 because he is an adult? parents are in authority over their children.

unless you dont think much on what paul says on children obeying their parents. a boy and a girl is an adult in oral tradition . that bar and bat mitzvahs are old and were done in christs day. children then were adults and though treated like that did have some restrictions the greeks then also had a similiar idea. hmm so i guess women should teach or their mothers over them boys and girls.

that is your conundrum.in acient judaism ( and the orthodox still do this)i know women dont even learn the torah much nor can read the law in the temple. i as a christian jew often know more then the jewish orthodox female on the sages as she isnt allow to know the rabbinical teaches on that level.

that said that was also likely the same with the early church. they like once again now, sit apart in the temple and the early churches. a man didnt sit with wife or daughters. men were one one side.

really so you would allow your son to disobey your mother at age 13 because he is an adult? parents are in authority over their children.

Not sure I understand your question, but ill make an assumption, hear is a twelve year old teaching those much older than he:

Luke 2:42-49 (KJV)
<sup>42 </sup>And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
<sup>43 </sup>And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
<sup>44 </sup>But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
<sup>45 </sup>And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
<sup>46 </sup>And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
<sup>47 </sup>And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
<sup>48 </sup>And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
<sup>49 </sup>And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

So I ask again, what does chronological age have to do with it?

Not sure I understand your question, but ill make an assumption, hear is a twelve year old teaching those much older than he:

Luke 2:42-49 (KJV)
<SUP>42 </SUP>And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
<SUP>43 </SUP>And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
<SUP>44 </SUP>But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
<SUP>45 </SUP>And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
<SUP>46 </SUP>And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
<SUP>47 </SUP>And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
<SUP>48 </SUP>And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
<SUP>49 </SUP>And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

So I ask again, what does chronological age have to do with it?
is god twelve? apples and oranges. when one teaches does one submit to the fact they are in authority in that certain are of expertise and listen and do what they say? that implies authority. im an ssg. i have over 21 years expercience. i haven troops under me. one of them knows more law enforcement then i do. when he mentions this is how we should do this or that and the army is the same i do what he says because he has more training that area then i do. he has authority over me in a sense. i outrank him but for that moment i yield to him.

its not called submitting for no reason.
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/thesaurus/entry/authority
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/authority

if i act the fool in a sunday school class and the teacher says get out and she is a female i dont have to listen as she isnt in control or in authority to teach?

everything. age at times is important?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back