Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women submitting to their husbands

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus was hurt, mocked, ridiculed.... and He said His students would receive the same treatment. He told slaves to obey their masters(owners), even if the master(owner) was cruel. Yhwh told His people how to live, and to not be influenced by society.
the book "Jesus Freaks" is a leather-bound book about about people who gave up their lives for Jesus, and lived the way HE SAYS TO LIVE. they were hurt, mocked, ridiculed, executed, tortured, (and their families may have been too), but they did not turn back. they continued on in faith. even unto death.
Jesus never said it would be easy. but He said there is no other way to be His. He heals the broken-hearted, but only if they turn to ABBA to live according to Scripture. i.e. He didn't heal people, save them, or cast demons out of them if they were turned to buddha, or politics, or college, or money.... only if they were turned to Yhwh the Creator, willingly.

Jesus was hurt, mocked, ridiculed.... and He said His students would receive the same treatment. He told slaves to obey their masters(owners), even if the master(owner) was cruel. Yhwh told His people how to live, and to not be influenced by society.
the book "Jesus Freaks" is a leather-bound book about about people who gave up their lives for Jesus, and lived the way HE SAYS TO LIVE. they were hurt, mocked, ridiculed, executed, tortured, (and their families may have been too), but they did not turn back. they continued on in faith. even unto death.
Jesus never said it would be easy. but He said there is no other way to be His. He heals the broken-hearted, but only if they turn to ABBA to live according to Scripture. i.e. He didn't heal people, save them, or cast demons out of them if they were turned to buddha, or politics, or college, or money.... only if they were turned to Yhwh the Creator, willingly.

what are you getting at?

those who follow Jesus must be totally joyfully willingly seeking ABBA to do all that ABBA says, and to suffer persecution the same as Jesus did, without resisting. this they do, as 1 John chapters 1 through 5 show simply. and the rest of Scripture as well.
many of us have been hurt by others, this is 'normal' , 'expected' even. ( that doesn't mean God endorses someone ever to hurt another.) the difference for followers of Jesus immersed in Him is that we endure to the end, not by gritting our teeth and baring up under it, no; but joyfully and willingly like Stephen and others when they were stoned to death, etc, and don't give up.

Yes ok Jesusfreak but this doesn't address the specifics of headship. What is it ?
If you are wanting me to tell you that the man gets to make all the decisions no matter what, I'm not going to do that. I think he is allowed to make all the desicions if and ONLY IF they are made on the foundation of the WORD OF GOD and then AND ONLY THEN is the woman to submit. I gave you my answer. I gave you specifics. Yes the man is an authority figure but that gives him MORE responsibility. Who did God look to in the garden? He looked to Adam. He asked ADAM what happened. So the man is accountable to God and must lead within the confines of scripture and ONLY SCRPITURE! A man alone is nothing but with God he is SO much more. If a mere man is the head just him, and he is not making decisions based in scripture then why should the woman submit? If the man makes unbiblical choices who is there to hold him accountable? society? yeah cuz that has been going so well! NOT! Where do you think his choices will lead if not made in God's word? Down a path od destruction! WHY would a woman submit herself to that? WHY?

You know, I would bet there are some women who don't even want to LOOK at this topic because they are ashamed of their place and what society says their role is in the church and Christian household. I used to be that way. So guys, please THINK before you post!

those who follow Jesus must be totally joyfully willingly seeking ABBA to do all that ABBA says, and to suffer persecution the same as Jesus did, without resisting. this they do, as 1 John chapters 1 through 5 show simply. and the rest of Scripture as well.
many of us have been hurt by others, this is 'normal' , 'expected' even. ( that doesn't mean God endorses someone ever to hurt another.) the difference for followers of Jesus immersed in Him is that we endure to the end, not by gritting our teeth and baring up under it, no; but joyfully and willingly like Stephen and others when they were stoned to death, etc, and don't give up.
I still don't really see what you are getting at....

I know. It will take time, if ever. and Yhwh's permission.

If you are wanting me to tell you that the man gets to make all the decisions no matter what, I'm not going to do that. I think he is allowed to make all the desicions if and ONLY IF they are made on the foundation of the WORD OF GOD and then AND ONLY THEN is the woman to submit. I gave you my answer. I gave you specifics. Yes the man is an authority figure but that gives him MORE responsibility. Who did God look to in the garden? He looked to Adam. He asked ADAM what happened. So the man is accountable to God and must lead within the confines of scripture and ONLY SCRPITURE! A man alone is nothing but with God he is SO much more. If a mere man is the head just him, and he is not making decisions based in scripture then why should the woman submit? If the man makes unbiblical choices who is there to hold him accountable? society? yeah cuz that has been going so well! NOT! Where do you think his choices will lead if not made in God's word? Down a path od destruction! WHY would a woman submit herself to that? WHY?

Wowa Sister put down the rollin' pin :biggrin We've already established that the husband is to lead/love as does Jesus so we're not disputing the manner this should be done. You're correct that the headship arrangement goes back to Adam and have you thought about even before that when satan didn't submit to Yahweh ?

I think what you/ve said is important and maybe instead of looking at the division caused by poor headship we should look at the remedy. The husband should learn how to properly follow Jesus example in this issue and the wife should help the husband do this. What do you think ?

Wowa Sister put down the rollin' pin :biggrin We've already established that the husband is to lead/love as does Jesus so we're not disputing the manner this should be done. You're correct that the headship arrangement goes back to Adam and have you thought about even before that when satan didn't submit to Yahweh ?

I think what you/ve said is important and maybe instead of looking at the division caused by poor headship we should look at the remedy. The husband should learn how to properly follow Jesus example in this issue and the wife should help the husband do this. What do you think ?
I think you are absolutely right. Completely 100% I'm kinda looking big picture. So many men think that headship is this thing and so many women think submission is another. And it just hasn't been good. So how can the thinking change to produce what you just described. That's what my goal is here.

And please excuse my harshness. I am on edge cuz this is something I really have struggled with and this really is the first time I have felt...worth anything as a Christian woman and I guess I am just protective of that. I don't want it taken away. So please be paitent with me.

And please excuse my harshness. I am on edge cuz this is something I really have struggled with and this really is the first time I have felt...worth anything as a Christian woman and I guess I am just protective of that. I don't want it taken away. So please be paitent with me.

You're a Kings Daughter Jesusfreak and an heir to the Kingdom.

Don't tell me. I know. Tell that to the women who are afraid to look at this thread because of the title. The friend I wrote the blog with she struggled with this too. We truly do believe that the spirit used us to write that. I think he used her more cuz she got REAL fired up. it was both funny but really nice to see. Do you understand?

Don't tell me. I know. Tell that to the women who are afraid to look at this thread because of the title. The friend I wrote the blog with she struggled with this too. We truly do believe that the spirit used us to write that. I think he used her more cuz she got REAL fired up. it was both funny but really nice to see. Do you understand?

Yes I understand about getting fired up but try to stay calm mostly because my "fire" can sometimes be my own and not Yahweh's if you get my drift. I appreciate your motive but please remeber not to toss out the baby with the bathwater which many people do because Patriarchal abuse has tainted Yahweh's arrangement.

Yes I understand about getting fired up but try to stay calm mostly because my "fire" can sometimes be my own and not Yahweh's if you get my drift. I appreciate your motive but please remeber not to toss out the baby with the bathwater which many people do because Patriarchal abuse has tainted Yahweh's arrangement.
*facepalm* my point was actually that there are a lot of women that this is a very real struggle. If anything I said was un-bliblical. Point out the verse that can disprove everything I have said. Please. However, you don't know what it means to be told that you don't have a voice cuz you're a girl. It's not humbling, it's shameful. God is supposed to take away our shame. No evil is supposed to come from God. Evil comes from humans. In Christ there should be no shame. Even while we are here on earth.

I know my God is a GOOD God and he gave me a brain to think with. So that's what I am doing. Sometimes it sounds like "you are precious treasured daughter of a king but you don't have a voice or a say in anything and the guy can do whatever he wants because he is the head of the family so sucks for you"

Men are authority figures, but I don't trust human nature. I trust the word and if a man is not operating and making decisions based on the word I don't want to follow him. See how I am willing to submit but there is also a sense of dignity I receive in it? as opposed to "I will do whatever he says and go along with it because the Bible says so"

I've read your blog and understand what you mean. I've dealt with more family disputes than I can ever remember, so I've seen an awful lot of the bad as well as good. Please don't think of all men as the villains who are prone to doing things out of selfish ambition. Not all of us are, and I've seen just as many women who do things out of selfish ambition too. (How many women I've seen that have their husbands arrested for domestic violence only to rush down to the hoosegow and bail them out as soon as they realize he won't be bringing home a paycheck to her if he's in jail instead of at work?) Women and men just do this in different ways, but the condition of the heart is the same.

I really think the answer to the problem is as you pointed out, and as Jesus said: "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:30-31) We are all to love God (so we do as he wishes) and to love each other, both men and women. If we are to love our neighbors, how much more should we love our spouses? If we love each other, we will do things for the other person that are good for that person, and put that person's wellbeing first, ahead of our own. We will not have a problem submitting to husbands because we love our husbands and know our husbands love us and will do what is good for us. We will not abuse the submission of our wives because we love them and know they love us, so we will put them first even before ourselves and do what is good for them, taking care of them and and ensuring we nurture their faith in our Lord. This is what Christ did for all of us when he gave his life on the cross!

We need to return to the love that Christ commanded us and start looking at our spouses as someone to cherish, not someone to selfishly gain something from. That would be a good first step to healing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back