Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women's Day!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Claudya

Happy Women's Day, dear sisters! :love2

womens-day-quotes.jpg

Have a great day!
And always remember: God is in love with you!

Happy Women's Day indeed! What would we men do without the women? :wave

Best & cheeriest of wishes for a truly Happy Women's Day to all women here at CFnet! God's blessings are prayed for each of us.

Is Women's day a European thing? Europe has some cool holidays that the US doesn't have. Name day for one. Cool.

Edited to add: Oh yeah, Happy Women's Day, Ladies! :yes

It's actually an international thing. In some countries it's even a public holiday.
Honestly I wasn't even aware it's less popular in the USA as it is elsewhere.

That was yesterday, today is MANDAY :wave

Men's Day/ Father's Day in my country is on the same day we also celebrate Jesus' Ascension. It's a public holiday. Many non-christian men use that day to get away from work and family duties and go on "hiking tours" with all male groups. That actually means they "hike" to some pub and get as drunk as possible. Some groups really go hiking, but carry an ample supply of alcoholic drinks with them. It's horrible. On that particular day in Germany you wonder how the males of a species can be so much less civilised than the females.
It's much worse in East Germany because there are way less christians in this part of the country, so nobody remembers it's actually a christian holiday.

Huh. I never heard of Women day before. (Shows how much I get out, lol) I know of Secretarys Day.
Do you guys do Name Day in Germany? I know for sure they do in Poland. (Where my Fiance and ex-Wife are both from)

Naw, no name days here. They used to be important in the past, though. But nowadays birthdays are more important than name days in Germany, noone here bothers with name days.
You'll find name days to be important mostly in eastern Europe in catholic or orthodox christian areas, but it's not a protestant tradition at all, because we don't care for Saints and name days are related to the holidays of Saints.
I guess in the more catholic regions of Germany you'll still find name day to be somewhat popular.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back