Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

'Wot? Silly season?? Is it me???'

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
M

MrVersatile48

Anyone who ain't heard hilarious 'Wake Up To Wogan' can catch today's, any time till next Friday, @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/wogan/

Or email your insane ramblings to 'your ma-a-an' - Terry.Wogan@bbc.co.uk

To be sure, To be sure, Oi'll send him a link to this, OK? :tongue

I'm sure satellite TV viewers worldwide can catch his side splitting interview series, 'Wogan Then & Now' on many stations - (showing clips of he & they as "young slips o' things" B4 a live chat 25/30 years on

'Is It Me?' is his inimitable auto-biography, which is even funnier in audio-cassette format than the book

For the benefit of USA/Oz members, UK media perennially call August 'silly season', as it's 'short on hard news' - with Parliament 'on their holliers' (Woganese for holiday/vacation)

Anyway, I suggest ya circularise ya address boxes with invites to share ya silly summer stories here

Total fiction, of course, goes on our Poetry/Creative Writing bit, which I'll come back to link...

viewforum.php?f=29 8-)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... 8-)

Altogether, blues fans... :tongue

1/2/3...

'Woke up this mornin'...

Wogan warblin' in my sleepy mind...

'Woke up this mornin'...

Almost went back to sleep...

till them crazy jokes got me cryin' blind!!!"

Honestly...

it was almost like da movies, guys...

The title & theme for this thread filled what passes for a brain, in such dusky, closed-curtainsville twilight...

so I lean over...

switch on the radio...

& there's Roger Royle, gearing up to do the 9.15 thought for the day by winding up Terry @ the ageing process - (all be it complimenting the crusty old curmugeon persona old 'Tel' projects, on his perennial graciousness in adjusting to what Shakespeare called the "7th stage..sans eyes..sans teeth..sans everything!" :roll:

If my own slowly-but-surely rusting memory serves me well, that's from the soliloquy whose most famous line is, 'All the world's a stage & its people, mere players: everyone has his entrance & his exit'... :o

Believe it or not, half way thru typing that line, this public PC flashed its autologout approaches warning...

& I haven't even started tellin' ya how my crazy, 'true life is stranger than fiction' morning went...

& knowing my luck...

I won't get more PC time today...

& by the time tomorrow comes..

I'll have forgotten all @ it...

& I'll have to make it up...

& link you to our Poetry/Creative Writing bit...

viewforum.php?f=29 8-)

but...

When ya gotta go... :roll:

ya gotta go... :oops:

Ian :-D

Yikes.. :roll:

I musta come back on 4/5 times after Fri lunch & clean forgot to finish the 'What's The Story Morning Glory?' :o

Well...

after I'd rejoined the Land Of The Quasi-Living, thanks to a bath/shave etc, I foolishly watched TV weather forecast over brekkie, & my semi zombie zoneness never thought to question Cheerful Charlie's assurances of 'cloudy but bright' in t' Northwest... :roll:

so I hung out the laundry I'd done in Thursday's dusky twilight zone (& had forgotten till nightfall had made it too late).. :oops:

Would ya believe I was still that dozy that even a light drizzle, on my way to the communal washing lines, didn't register in my brain to trigger an uplifting of the eyes to the gathering of dark clouds overhead...

So I go back upstairs, have a second coffee - to try & at least look awake & alert before wending my way to this Capital of Culture wherein I now type to y'all, when lo & behold....

I suddenly recall I had a Dr's appointment at 10am.. :x

& it was @ 11.40 now... :infinity:

so I breeze into the surgery, saying, 'I've just come to face the firing squad'

Well..

I managed to reschedule my appointment (to 'some time when Hell, Hull & Halifax freeze over', I think)! :-?

Then I had a day of doing comedy routines over lunch in my usual "dossers' drop-in" - setting the tone for in here.. 8-)

So enjoyable was the session that, when closing time was called...

AARRGH - 2 mins to autologout now = CU Sun?

Ian

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the crowd called 4 an encore...

so...

Altogether, blues fans...

1/2/3...

'Woke up this mornin'...

'Woke up this mornin'...

Almost went back to sleep...

till them crazy jokes got me cryin' blind!!!"

Anyone who ain't heard hilarious 'Wake Up To Wogan' can catch today's, any time till next Friday, @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/wogan/

Or email your insane ramblings to 'your ma-a-an' - Terry.Wogan@bbc.co.uk

To be sure, To be sure, Oi'll try & send him a link to this, OK?

Did ya guess that I missed out the part where, @ 10 seconds after I started my mad dash for the surgery, the heavens opened??? :roll:

Of course, I couldn't go back & take the laundry in.... :o

Did ya guess that 'closing time' meant such a rush from the library that I clean forgot my jacket - which I hadn't worn since @ June - & the jacket had my keys in it, so I wasn't able to get into my building last night?? :lol:

Did ya guess that I'd spent the night elsewhere, came straight in to town to be in time for the library opening??? :bday:

Praise God I got my jacket back & the keys are still in it!!! :tongue

If you can also guess whether my laundry will still be on the line.. :hysterical:

or blown all over the yard... :-?

then you clearly have a talent for story-telling :tongue

& I look forward to reading your silly summer stories of fried brains & deleted memory cells, OK? :wink:

Btw, this PC can't operate Terry's email, so maybe someone else out there may wanna give ol' Tel da 'Missing Link'

Or maybe a link to tell him that there are just too many missing links to make any sense, whatsoever, of Darwin drivel..

Here's 'Give ToE frauds the Boot!':-

viewtopic.php?t=18585&highlight=

Here's 'Double-Dog D-U=H, Deputy Dawg!!!':-

viewtopic.php?t=18687

Oh..OK..

I'll put it in a song...

Altogether now

1/2/3...

All The Wonders Of The Universe

viewtopic.php?t=18462&highlight=

OK..OK..I heard that encore too!!

Altogether now