Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you call this abortion?

If a law was written that made it illegal for a doctor to remove a baby and not try to save its life

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

Since you're suggesting this to all Abortion seekers, you have to remember that most women seeking abortion don't want the Child, that's why they have an abortion. The abortion is to Kill the Child. If the Doctor had to save the child, what's stopping a mother from killing the child afterwards. You can't just address one peice of the Issue. There is the Murder part, but you can't neglect the absense of morality on behalf of society who seeks to kill the children. You're idea would be fine, but those who want abortions, the women too, want to murder the child.

23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

I have to disagree with you i think MOST don't care one way or other as long as baby is removed. And what is stopping the mother from killing it later is easy because the mother would not have ANY rights to that child after endangering its life like that

What do you mean, It is still her baby and she has rights to it.

Carrying a baby to term is not as dangerous a you make it out to be.
Abortions is dangerous also but I don't see you showing how many deaths are attributed to abortions. :roll:

Wouldn't it be better if these women that don't want to get pregnant practice some form of birth control??

Where are your stats on how many of these abortions that are done are on unwed mothers?
How many of these abortions are preformed on married women??
and How many of these abortions are preformed because the womens life was in jeopardy??

This whole topic is beginning to become trying. :-?

But if their intent was just to remove the baby from the mother and save it they would not violate the oath.

The safest way to ensure the safety of the baby is to carry it to term. It doesn't make any sense to remove it before, unless the intent is for it to be murdered.

The only other thing I can think of for your question is a C-section, I would consider that removing the baby but not with harmful intent.

Quote:
I committed myself to her

Yes i am a Male

Thank you, I saw the "her" in your other post but as you know in this day and age it doesn't necessarily mean the other is a male.

You would end the ones that would 100% sure kill the baby. Not the ones that would SAVE them

Oh ok. In any other case though, you would still want the baby carried to term or atleast very close to it to ensure the baby has the best chance of survival.

DrDiotte, you seem to interested in justice yet fairness for all, is that correct? You mentioned rape and incest before. You are aware that many rape and incest cases go unreported, correct? That means the criminal goes unpunished but those who choose to abort put the punnishment on the unborn and terminate the life. That IS the innocent, I did nothing to deserve death, unborn. Can you please tell me, where's the justice in that?

I know, you will say, why should the woman carry the fetus of a child that they never wanted in the first place? I will say, Adoption. You will say, you can't be sure they will be cared for properly, that they may fall into the hands of abusive parents. I will say, no one know that for sure and it doesn't justify aborting the unborn child.

You see, I have been on both sides of this argument.

The odds are that they will suffer far more mentally if they aborted than if they kept the baby or gave it up for adoption.

http://www.euthanasia.com/jenniferoneill.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/827482/posts (oh that pesky liberal media)(but I like the views in the board down the page a bit)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1050282/posts

http://www.family.org/fmedia/broadcast/a0033751.cfm (read AND listen here)

Would you call this abortion

Vic,
What if it were an 11 or 12 yr. old child that was raped by her father and got pregnant ? You still think she should deal with all the emotions of being raped and then with the birth of the child?
There have to be checks and balances for these types of things as sad as it may be there just has to be in extream cases.

Re: Would you call this abortion

greyfeather said:
There have to be checks and balances for these types of things as sad as it may be there just has to be in extream cases.
Fair enough, though no one mentioned 11 or 12 year olds. Of course there are extremes and exceptions. No one said there wasn't. You are bringing a whole 'nother situation into the debate. Blanket statements and laws can't account for these exceptions. Sorry if my post sounded like a 'blanket' statement. Wasn't meant to be.

Would you call this abortion

Vic,
Sorry to throw off thread I will refrain from posting on it in the future. :-?

DrDiotte said:
I didn't say they all die. I said the intent in having an abortion is to kill the unborn child.
I do know that they are survivors. Thanks for sharing the link to their stories.
If it was illegal for the Doctors to deliberately KILL the child you are right it would be an abortion if they deliberately kill it but that is not the SUBJECT at hand you just REFUSE the notion that there are some on this planet that would want to SAVE the baby NOT kill it. And that is what I am talking about so you are right if you don't look at my stance but dead wrong if you fully understand what I am saying. It’s that simple.

In my not so humble opinion it is impossible at least up to this point to understand your stance.

It is that simple... :o

Here are some women's thoughts on their abortions and it is just a fraction of the horror stories that are out there although their are some women who suffer in silents...

'Nightmares, flashbacks'

Among the women who testify of the harm done by abortion is Joyce Zounis, director of women's outreach for Operation Outcry: Silent No More, a national movement that encourages women to speak out on the issue.

"The aftermath of abortion is horrendous," said Zounis, who had the first of seven abortions at age 15. "I was told it would be over 'real quick' – it lasted 27 years!"

Zounis said "not once in eleven years was I told of the emotional complications an abortion can bring – personality changes, numbness, rage, never-ending mental anguish, the exhaustive effort of balancing my fragile state of mind, the tormenting silence of guilt and shame, the constant dissatisfaction with life and the absolute need to grieve the loss of my children.

A witness for McCorvey's case, Caron Strong, who has had four abortions, said: "Nightmares and suicidal thoughts are common, especially around the anniversary of the abortion or the date when the baby would have been born. Everyday sounds or events can act as a trigger."

Other women providing sworn testimony stated:

"It devastated me. I had nightmares, flashbacks, fits of rage, uncontrollable crying, trouble sleeping, and could not look at pregnant women or children without feeling hurt, anger and guilt." – Amy Marie

"No one told me that I would hear cries in the middle of the night." – Brandy

"Twenty-five years later, I still cannot talk about it without tears and pain in my heart. It all looks simple on paper and seems like an easy way out of a bad spot, but no one tells you that the easy way out will cost you later in emotional damage and physical problems." – Scherrie

Here is the link to the rest of the story.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=42422

Back