Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Would you have doubted at all?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I challenge you all to read 2 Chronicles 20:1-30. It's about Jehoshaphat and how he and the whole land of Judah trusted God to fight for them against the Moabites, Ammonites and the Meunites. They were too powerful for the armies of Judah, and so King Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah prayed to God for help. The Spirit of the Lord came upon Jachaziel, and he told the people not to be discouraged, God would fight for them. They just needed to march out and stand firm.

In verse 20, it says Jehoshaphat commanded the people of Judah to trust in God and they will be safe - trust in the message of the message of the prophet, and they will win and be able to stand firm.

They did, and in verse 21 the people marched, singing and playing instruments, praising his majestic splendor, saying "Give thanks to the Lord, for his loyal love endures." Then God attacked the armies of the Moabites, Ammonites and Meunites by causing them to attack each other, and they destroyed each other completely.

I got several things out of this account in 2 Chronicles.
  • I would have initially found doubt in my heart and mind if I was in their shoes. I would have had to pray hard and long to prepare for this kind of trust in the Lord.
  • It was interesting that they used music to help them focus on believing God's promise
  • I also think that this is how we today are tested by trials of our faith. We are told to stand firm in the full armor of God. And I wonder if we are prepared enough for the Day of the Lord to stand.

Any thoughts or comments? I'm interested especially if some of you, being completely honest, would have had any trouble at all trusting in the prophet who told the people of Judah not to fear, not to be discouraged, this is God's battle to fight, just march and stand firm ?

Hi Doug
Very good timing for your inspiring post
They had the faith that God was looking for.
It's hard to say if I would believe with such great faith. Jesus says "Will I find faith when I return?"
I am thinking we are in the time of "the beginning of sorrows "
It would seem there isn't much time left, but yes God will bring His sheep through. We have to strengthen our faith now and keep our eyes on God , Hid warnings and promises.
Music is a tremendous gift from God. Praising God with music is uplifting and strengthens faith.
We must examine ourselves and be ready, not neglecting prayer.

I challenge you all to read 2 Chronicles 20:1-30. It's about Jehoshaphat and how he and the whole land of Judah trusted God to fight for them against the Moabites, Ammonites and the Meunites. They were too powerful for the armies of Judah, and so King Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah prayed to God for help. The Spirit of the Lord came upon Jachaziel, and he told the people not to be discouraged, God would fight for them. They just needed to march out and stand firm.

In verse 20, it says Jehoshaphat commanded the people of Judah to trust in God and they will be safe - trust in the message of the message of the prophet, and they will win and be able to stand firm.

They did, and in verse 21 the people marched, singing and playing instruments, praising his majestic splendor, saying "Give thanks to the Lord, for his loyal love endures." Then God attacked the armies of the Moabites, Ammonites and Meunites by causing them to attack each other, and they destroyed each other completely.

I got several things out of this account in 2 Chronicles.
  • I would have initially found doubt in my heart and mind if I was in their shoes. I would have had to pray hard and long to prepare for this kind of trust in the Lord.
  • It was interesting that they used music to help them focus on believing God's promise
  • I also think that this is how we today are tested by trials of our faith. We are told to stand firm in the full armor of God. And I wonder if we are prepared enough for the Day of the Lord to stand.

Any thoughts or comments? I'm interested especially if some of you, being completely honest, would have had any trouble at all trusting in the prophet who told the people of Judah not to fear, not to be discouraged, this is God's battle to fight, just march and stand firm ?
from my personal experience there is something dire about being in a life or death situation - for some reason when i call out to God for dire help He comes very close to me and covers me with His grace and peace - so believing is not usually an issue in situations like that

the issue is usually when i have other "options" - iow when i can turn to a doctor or someone else for help my focus is divided and i have more trouble with doubts/confusion/etc

when i need to focus on God to get His Faith for a situation i talk to Him about all these little distractions and doubts to get clarity and to gain focused faith on God's words/promises/integrity/power/grace - i spend a lot of time doing this until i am ASSURED/CONVINCED of the trustworthiness of God's promises/words/etc - almost until i can "see" it or "taste" it - then i ask God what to say/do with this assurance/faith and do whatever He says knowing HE is always right

What is written in Psalms 91 is what I stand on as I put my trust and faith in God who has won the victory over the battles I have and will face in my life.

The flesh is weak, but the Spirit of God is strong within the inner man where the Spirit of God dwells as I fear nothing of this world as long as I am in the Spirit, Isaiah 43:1-7;Matthew 10:28.

We are told to stand firm in the full armor of God. And I wonder if we are prepared enough for the Day of the Lord to stand.
We must examine ourselves and be ready
when i can turn to a doctor or someone else for help my focus is divided and i have more trouble with doubts/confusion/etc

Everyone ignores the basic fact that the armour of God is based upon what full time professional soldiers wore.
The implication is that if we wear God's armour then we should be as trained, as fit and as professional as a Roman legionary.

Paul is always challenges us to examin ourselfs, are we in the faith, worthy of taking communion, honouring God in our lives etc etc

To trust God, is easy when nothing depends on that trust.
Now or in dire circumstances that trust is hard to give.

Trust is an action we have to do it and it hurts.

Sometimes the option is trust God or go and get drunk, it can take real courage to put one's trust in God.
Just as those Israelite showed courage to march out to fight an enemy who out numbered them.
Often our battles are seen only by God.

Back