Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you lie

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Nah, that was the dog. But Fido always blames his kills on curiosity.

That poor little kitty...It just walked up to him and started rubbing against his face, being loving, and well...Fido was hungry anyway so... he couldn't resist.

dog_eating_cat.jpg

Ewww that is creepy.

I couldn't find a dog eats the cat smiley so hadda settle for this, lol.

I've seen dogs do this IRL and I think it's cool. I think it's how they make friends? To put his mouth on their throat and not harm them. Like their expressing you can trust me to the cat.

animal-kingdom-cats-fighting-friends-rivals-pets-08333108_low.jpg

Last edited:
I'll go with your thoughts on this because that is a creepy even sad picture to think it's what it appears to be.
I hope it's not trying to kill it! I didn't even think that, it looks like he is being gentle but maybe not.

To keep your job? It's just a hypothetical question. Say if you did something, maybe you were horseplaying and broke something resulting in possibly losing your job, do you lie to keep your job??
Depends, I only lie to protect others from being traumatized by my sick thinking.

It looks like he is trying to kill the kitty to me.

Not really. The cat has it's eyes closed. If there was danger for the cat, it'd have it's eyes open, and the picture would prolly be blurred too because real Dog&cat fights don't happen like that. I've seen that too. That dog is merely socializing with that cat. I bet they live together.

I was joking around when I posted it, but a careful eye will see that they are not fighting.

Not really. The cat has it's eyes closed. If there was danger for the cat, it'd have it's eyes open, and the picture would prolly be blurred too because real Dog&cat fights don't happen like that. I've seen that too. That dog is merely socializing with that cat. I bet they live together.

I was joking around when I posted it, but a careful eye will see that they are not fighting.
Yes,they could be playing.

And the absence of blood...

Don't dogs shake their prey?

Maybe the dog thinks the cat is stuck and wants to move it???

That poor little kitty...It just walked up to him and started rubbing against his face, being loving, and well...Fido was hungry anyway so... he couldn't resist.

dog_eating_cat.jpg
A well done, and staged photo. There's no saliva around the dogs mouth.

Depends, I only lie to protect others from being traumatized by my sick thinking.

I know what you're talking about. Once we are walking in Christ and have been born again, we are to walk in love to our fellow man. Love your neighbor as yourself. (That's big! and can be difficult at times for the reason you state.) It's very easy to be tempted with, oh just tell the guy a little white lie, and...any of a multitude of reasons to justify it, wont harm anyone, personal things, will save a big explanation, not their business...lots of reasons.

But it shouldn't be so. I don't think that God differentiates between white lies (so-called harmless) and huge lies. They're just lies across the board. It's even important enough to God to list it in the 10 commandments. So how to stop saying any lie whatsoever, even so-called little white lies?

Especially in such a fluid and dynamic environment that we live in. The best way that I have found is mostly, think twice post once, as is said. Increasing ones vocabulary or just thinking a wee bit before one pops off with a little white lie. If you think just for a moment, there is countless ways to be vague or deny the transference of information that one wants to keep secret from whatever individual. Crack a joke, change the subject, be vague, or politely say uh sorry man I can't answer that right now, lemme sleep on it! All sorts of stuff. We do not have to lie, and should not. I am striving to wipe out lying from my life. Completely. It was so second nature for a long time and is so easy to do.

Lying is addictive. Like everything else. It takes a concerted effort to stop it. With our Lord of course. :cross

Back