Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] WOW! God answers and teaches me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey people,

Sometimes I forget to do things, we all do. Sometimes I forget to do important things, like forgetting to turn off the stove before the bread turns black, did that one today. Sometimes I forget to take time to pray, I mean normally I pray but its while I am doing something else, nothing wrong with praying on the run but what if I actually took time to pray, I mean give God all my attention. Its not like I never stop to pray, its just not something I always do like I know I should. I can't blame anyone but me because God wants us to have a close relationship all the time not just when I take the time.
Why all the talk about prayer? Let me put it this way i have many time wondered why God didn't answer my prayers, I mean sometimes He did but I can remember times when He didn't and I can remember being upset about it. I can remember praying to God and asking why didn't He answer my prayers. Yes as I have grown spiritually I have learned that God does answer our prayers but not always with the answer we want and not always in the time we want. But I still wonder sometimes, i still question sometimes and sometimes I still don't understand.
Today I look back at my prayers from the last couple of days and with these prayers I stopped and gave God all my attention. Today was a "wow" day! Today I stop and say thank You God for answering my prayers! It doesn't matter that in all these cases others were also praying for these same people which means that their prayers were answered too. I am glad their prayers were answered but at the same time I know, can't exactly explain how, but I know, God answered my prayers, and that means so much to me.
When things aren't going right wiith my family it upsets me, especially when I wish I could be there but I can't. I heard about Lee's blood pressure going haywire and was asked to pray for him. so I did and I prayed for Janet and Lee because they have been through so much. I heard about Bob's son, who died shortly after learning he had cancer and that was upsetting when I heard how Bob cried. It just seems so wrong that a parent has to see one of their children die, it doesn't feel right. So I pray for Bob and Mom and I ask God to comfort them and I question why Bob who has this horrible disease(Alzheimer's) where he can't remember things has to remember this horrible news about his son. I question why can't Bob be allowed to forget this horrible news, it seems so unfair that he can't remember the good stuff but he can't forget this. Then its all this stuff my wife has been going through and she is so worried about the possibilities of there being bad news and about how it could effect her life and our family. I prayed for good news and I was concerned that if the news was bad how she would handle it because she has been through so much.
I say it again, today was a 'wow" day! God answered all of these prayers. The doctors found out what was going on with Lee's blood pressure and they can take care of it. Bob who barely remembers anything has been tortured as any parent would be, that one of his children has died. Why does this have to be the one thing he is remembering? It was so good to hear today that Bob had forgotten. Then after a long wait at the hospital the doctor comes in and tells us that the results of my wife's procedure couldn't have been better and that he has a prescription for her that should take care of everything. All of the thoughts and worries about surgery and all the other bad stuff are no longer a concern, everything is going to be okay.
I thank God for all that He has done for my family. It isn't like this is the first time that God has answered my prayers, he does it all the time, today was just special. It's like this time God included a special message, the message was yes I will take care of your family but at the same time I want to teach you something. I think the thing God wanted me to see was that He is always there, He hears my prayers, He answers my prayers and in the future none of this is going to change. WhenI pray on the run God is going to continue to hear me and when I stop and take time to give all of my attention to Him He will hear me then too. But its those times when I stop and give my all to Him this is when it can be special.This is when God not only hears me but I can hear Him too. There is an old saying that goes something like this "the sky is the limit", but thats not true with God, and I believe that was the lesson for me today. Matthew 19:26 ..."..with God all things are possible."

Thank you for your uplifting and insightful post.

Yes, God is a loving God, and always there, waiting patiently for us when we finally have an "ah ha!" about life and reliance upon Him.

I trying to find the mindset (the Mind of Christ?) with regards to living daily...day by day... in this life of mine. Forgetting those things which are behind... and not worrying about the day ahead. It's very difficult for me because so much of my past is still affecting my current life and decisions, but the attitude I'm trying to find is that yes, everyone is a product of their decisions in some ways, and the past will affect the present... but to take them as present day issues and not unfulfilled or errant past issues. ;)

May you continue to find God's answers. But...He will give us what we ask for, and sometimes it isn't what we really expected.

be well.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back