Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Yay! It's good to be back!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

There is a chapter in Lewis' "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" in which the crew of the ship will need to set out on a very dangerous endeavor in which many or all might not return. There is a concern that the crew will desert the ship, but someone, and I honestly can't remember who and don't have the time to look it up now, suggested that it was all in how the endeavor was presented...not a matter of who wants to go, but rather a matter of who gets to go. That the Captain/King only would select who could go. So, instead of being something that each individual could either choose or reject, it became a case of each individual not wanting to be left behind. In the end, all but one crew member went and the one who stayed behind had life-long regret.

I was reminded of that scene when I went on my self-imposed "vacation" a couple of weeks ago, and then, when I wanted to come back, found that I couldn't because of the hacker. I was really beginning to miss everyone around here and the discussions that we have and even Monday Madness and wow, found out that I wasn't able to come. There's is indeed a vast difference between not wanting to do something and not getting to do it! ;)

It's good to be back!

handy, welcome back! Your posts are always so well-written and insightful. I'm glad you've decided to rejoin us here at christianforums.

There's is indeed a vast difference between not wanting to do something and not getting to do it!

It goes along with not having to do something, but getting the privilege to do it. Sort of like our walk in Christ. Not have to, but we get to! Indeed there is a vast difference.

Welcome back home Handy!

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

It's wonderful to have your input to look forward to again. :yes So, now I don't have to worry about you doing THAT again, right?

I'm very happy you came back. :)

OHAI!!!

It's so lovely to see you back again! Since you left, I've actually been basically gone too (though not intentionally) so this is kinda funny. :biggrin

Here ya go, sister! :coke

We have a brand new smiley, and you're one of its first recipients! It would be perfect if it were silver with "Diet" on it, but it's still way better than that Pepsi you've been drinking.

Here's a few more! Enjoy the "real thing"!!

:coke :coke :coke :coke :coke :coke :coke :coke :coke :coke

Oh pluease! Frankly, one of the best reasons to participate in forums like this is to contend for truth and reveal fallacies within the church....We must always take heed to expose the insidious methods by which darkness attempts to spread amongst the brethren.

Smilie guys are no different. Even as we speak they are equipping themselves to battle.

:fullauto :coke :fencing

Pepsi rules...MOA :pepsi

:fullauto :coke :fencing

Look at that soldier! I watched their hapless effort for a few minutes, and it's clear Coke is impervious to their weapons! I wonder how long they will continue this pointless effort before they give up. I'll bet I could check back tomorrow, and they'll still be cluelessly fighting a losing battle! Coke is literally laughing at them. And so am I! :lol

Pepsi rules...MOA :pepsi

sludge from the depths of the most contaminated swamp known to man

Look at that soldier! I watched their hapless effort for a few minutes, and it's clear Coke is impervious to their weapons! I wonder how long they will continue this pointless effort before they give up. I'll bet I could check back tomorrow, and they'll still be cluelessly fighting a losing battle! Coke is literally laughing at them. And so am I! :lol

And I bet when you check back tomorrow...still no one will actually be drinking it! :tongue

Back