Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Yoga And Christianity.What's Wrong About It ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Soma-Sight said:
I practice Yoga and Pilates moves. There is NOTHING spiritual about it when I do it. Now, if I was chanting or something while doing it, it might be different. I don't do that though. I'm usually fussing at my kids to leave me alone for 30 minutes while I try to relax and stretch.

To me all exercise is spiritual on some level.

It is honoring your body which God orders you to do.

So, does running after my kids at home and school, running through the hospital halls during a code, and stress tests at the doctors office count?

What about those that are paralyzed and CAN'T exercise?

Oh forget it. I'm not going to get all nitpicky about this. To ME it's exercise. I don't listen to music or worship some statue or whatever while stretching. If other people do, then that's them. There are more important thngs to debate besides whether or not Yoga is bad. I obviously don't do the type of Yoga that others on here are talking about.

It makes me sick how so many people on this board do nothing besides try to find the bad in everything. I've said that many times and I take a break to get away from it all. Then I come back and NOTHING ever changes.

It's sad. It really is.

So now Yoga is equated with murder and satanism!

Aye Carumba!

Well when you put it in to the category of false god's that puts a whole different perspective on it. Ten commandments and all. :sadyep:

Yoga has been credited as a healthy alternative to pain and suffering. A therapy to relax, bring circulation to the organs and heal the body. There is something unhealthy about Christians condemning and against such a positive therarpy against disease. I pray that these Christians gain the love and light to open up to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

So, does running after my kids at home and school, running through the hospital halls during a code, and stress tests at the doctors office count?

What about those that are paralyzed and CAN'T exercise?

Yes running after you kids counts! :)

As far as people that are UNABLE to exercise of course God is not gonna be like....

"Hey Ralph you really messed up man....."

"What do you mean God?"

"You didnt do your Pilates after you broke your neck so you are CONDEMNED...."

lol.....

Seriously though you can BEGIN honoring your body NO MATTER what SHAPE your in!

Even theough many people think he is gay and fruity Richard Simmons is a prime example of a real good person trying to help the out of shape.

He teaches people that are WAY out of it how to come back to healthy living and honoring there God given bodies......

So honoring your body can be done know matter what circumstance you are in....

Relic said:

Bhakti yoga is the Hindu term for the spiritual practice of fostering of loving devotion to God , called bhakti. Traditionally there are 9 forms of bhakti yoga . Hindu movements in which bhakti yoga is the main practice are called bhakti movements.

Bhakti (Bhakti: (Hinduism) loving devotion to a deity leading to salvation and Nirvana; open to all persons independent of caste or sex) is the Hindu term that signifies a blissful, selfless and overwhelming love of God as the beloved Father, Mother, Child, or whatever relationship or aspect of God that finds appeal in the devotee's heart.

The philosophy of Bhakti seeks to tap into the universal divinity through personal form, which explains the proliferation of so many gods (gods: The supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions) and Goddesses (Goddess: A female deity) in India (India: A republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia; second most populous country in the world; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1947) , often reflecting the personal inclinations of small regions or groups of people.
[url="http://www.absoluteastronomy...w.absoluteastronomy.com/reference/bhakti_yoga[/url]

bhakthi ,

Are you a Hindu converted to Christianity?

Why would a "Christian" use a Hindu user ID for a name that represents pathways to devotion of God, in which the Hindus have a proliferation of so many gods and goddesses ? :o Using a name like that to represent your Christianity is somewhat contradictory in what you are claiming to represent, wouldn't you say? If your real name is in fact "bhakthi" I wonder how you explain keeping a name that is representative of some other religious form of devotion, pathway, or representative of some other religious movement, "bhakthi movements".

Do you use it as a testimony? If so would you mind sharing your testimony since this thread was created by you and you seem to be against the practice of yoga.

I am just curious .

Sorry for the delay.The word Bhakthi is not a Hindu word as you think.The word Bhakthi is in my Bible.It means reverence to God or the fear of God.
Neither the prophets nor the apostles advocated or practised yoga.God first gave the law and told them to keep it.
Then the apostles said, Pray always.Pray without ceasing.
Yoga and prayer are not the same.Prayer is pouring out one's heart to God.Jesus always prayed.Jesus Christ came as a teacher from God.He never said anything about yoga.It if were something beneficial hw would have mentioned it.The Holy Bilbe tells us to meditate on the law of God day and night.Yoga is foreign to Christianity.It could be dangsrous.

Sothenes said:
bhakthi said:
Yoga has nothing to do with Christianity or the Bible. It is predominantly a Hindu practice. Then why some Christians in America are trying this?

Some Christians think Yoga is just a stretching curriculum and don't know the philosophy behind Yoga.
A lot of Christians don't read enough of their Bibles.
That is a MASSIVE Understatement !!!

The Bible says: "Satan, which dceceives the whole world", (Revelation 12:9).
AND....the Christian world is no exception.

Few understand that Daily, honest, INTENSE Bible study is required....in order to get into heaven !

Im sorry, but its just yoga. Its at the gym down the street, even the Athiest (spelling?) next door does it. Its more of a way to relax than it is for religion anymore.

Jay T said:
Sothenes said:
bhakthi said:
Yoga has nothing to do with Christianity or the Bible. It is predominantly a Hindu practice. Then why some Christians in America are trying this?

Some Christians think Yoga is just a stretching curriculum and don't know the philosophy behind Yoga.

Few understand that Daily, honest, INTENSE Bible study is required....in order to get into heaven !
I could have sworn that it was at least 1 chapter aday :-?

Dakota said:
Jay T said:
Sothenes said:
bhakthi said:

[quote:767ff]I could have sworn that it was at least 1 chapter aday :-?
[/quote:767ff]It matters not if it were merely one Bible verse.....as long as that verse is totally exhausted.

For example:

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness ?

This Bible verse is the essence of whether one gets into heaven or not !

It takes in the experience of Adam & Eve, to the last person on earth, during the Mark of the Beast scenerio.

It is clearly a topic that generate a lot of discussions. Well, I ask myself what actually generate all these benefits? The phisical side or the mental side of Yoga? Could we only look at Yoga from a phisical point of view?

Yoga is Godly and Jesus practices it currently.

It increases mental clarity and gives one a neutral state of mind.

Yoga and rock climbing are two peas in the same pod.[/b]

Dakota said:
Im sorry, but its just yoga. Its at the gym down the street, even the Athiest (spelling?) next door does it. Its more of a way to relax than it is for religion anymore.
Please don't take offense by this, but what you are saying leaves the door open for those who are less mature in their Faith.

Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

vic said:
Dakota said:
Please don't take offense by this, but what you are saying leaves the door open for those who are less mature in their Faith.

Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
True, and you make a good point.... This is a confusing subject :tongue

So many uptight Christians who are quick to condemn. It shows me that they need to practise yoga. We should practise spirituality and yes, Christian spirituality in everything we do so practise yoga in a spiritual way to get more benefit and come closer to Jesus. The alternative is to point the finger and gripe, condemn and complain about everything including different interpretations of the Bible. Do everything in the name of Jesus and don't be afraid of your own shadow.

Relic said:

New age thinking! :lol:

Trying to be Intellectual but actually it's nothing but mumbo jumbo which has no real foundation based in the HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST JESUS. New age Gnostics do just as much, looking to mysticism, instead of keeping focus on the HOLY SPIRIT OF Christ Jesus.

Fact is.... some knowledge leads to Satan. And Yoga "meditations" are misleading.

Do you believe there is a devil in this world? Do you believe even Jesus had to rebuke Satan during his life on this earth?
Oh, even Peter didn't recognize when Satan was speaking through him! BUT the "HOLY" SPIRIT OF JESUS DID 8-)

Soma, NOT ALL THINGS LEAD TO THE HOLINESS OF JHVH GD. Some things are very very misleading and will lead one astray onto paths that are NOT of the HOLY SPIRIT.
Satan is good at that you know... :smt084

Please do become aware of this fact, The GOD that is being referred to in that first commandment is JHVH GD, not some other god or goddess or some other spirit that is not of the HOLY JHVH GD.
After all, It is the JUDEO CHRISTIAN "BIBLE" WE ARE quoting from...... yes? :biggrin

I like how Jesus put it when he dealt with common man. He put it plain and simple.....

..."Follow me." ....

... "great is they faith, be it unto thee even as thou wilt"...

...."verily, I have not found so great faith, no not in Israel...
go thy way: and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee"....

..."Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?...

Arise, and be not afraid. "...

... "Be of good cheer; it is I, be not afraid" ...

Or, in situations to bring about clam....

..."Peace be still!" ...

And sometimes, it only took one word for Jesus to get his message across to evil spirits...

... "Go". ..

other times, it only took a swift rebuke from the temptations of the whiles of the devil...

... "Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. " ...

Or,

... "Get thee behind me, Satan: thou are an offence unto me: for thou savorest no the things that be of God, but those that be of men." ...

No need to meditate on some chi', or other force, or some Kundalini, or some pagan goddess, or some strange mediation which is NOT of the HOLY SPIRIT OF JHVH GD, those things that lead you away from the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus.

The Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus is the only Spirit that is to be living IN you THROUGH you. That's what 'Christians" do you know. :biggrin They live BY the HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST JESUS. NO OTHER gods or spirits will do, thank you. :biggrin

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I'll listen to Jesus, and I'll take the lead of Jesus, thank you.
I'll pick up my cross and follow him thank you. :)

Don't need no Shiva crawling up my spine! :o Nor do I need to chant any ohm to bring me a sense of bliss. :roll: And I surely don't need any chi force to bring me muscle strength! :lol:

JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE.

Amen Relic!

Can Jesus touch His own toes?

Did He ever breath deeply when dealing with self-righteous pharisees?

Did He promote health induced through circulation control?

DID HE DESIGN THE HUMAN BODY AND KNOW THAT DEEP BREATHING, STRETCHING, AND NEUTRAL STATES OF MIND GIVE MAN PEACE?

If Jesus answers YES to any of these questions dont condemn Him for endorsing Yogic type methods.

DID HE DESIGN THE HUMAN BODY AND KNOW THAT DEEP BREATHING, STRETCHING, AND NEUTRAL STATES OF MIND GIVE MAN PEACE?
No, but He did say this...

Isaiah 26:3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Soma-Sight said:
Can Jesus touch His own toes?

Did He ever breath deeply when dealing with self-righteous pharisees?

Did He promote health induced through circulation control?

If Jesus answers YES to any of these questions dont condemn Him for endorsing Yogic type methods.
Oh, go take a hike.

er, I mean, go hiking. :lol:

;-)

Jesus sends happiness through doors to the heart and mind that are open. Don't be afraid Jesus will protect you from the yoga monsters. There is no need to cry and complain about something you don't have to try. The people who are smiling and have benefited are trying to tell you about it through a closed door. You can keep it closed it doesn't matter, if you think it will help you relax then try it, but to be negative will only get you dead faster. I know you want to go to heaven, which is positive so dieing won't help either.

Back