Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

You are not Jesus' brother

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

You are His brother only if you: (read the verses).

Matthew 12:46-50 New International Version
(NIV)

Jesus’ Mother and Brothers

While Jesus was still talking to the crowd,
his mother and brothers stood outside,
wanting to speak to him. Someone told
him, “Your mother and brothers are standing
outside, wanting to speak to you.”

He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and
who are my brothers?” Pointing to his
disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and
my brothers. For whoever does the will of
my Father in heaven is my brother and sister
and mother
.”

What is Jesus' Father's Will...you may ask?
Is 'anyone' who does the will qualified to be His brother?
What is the difference between 'a' vs 'the' with respect to Will (the Will vs a Will), and are both qualified?

Thanks in advance for your input.

What is Jesus' Father's Will...you may ask? (1)
Is 'anyone' who does the will qualified to be His brother? (2)
What is the difference between 'a' vs 'the' with respect to Will (the Will vs a Will), and are both qualified? (3)

(1) no(not here/not from man). He tells me, and everyone who belongs to Him. (unless the Father tells someone, grants it from heaven that they know, they never know).

(2) no

(3) a will opposed to Yhwh's Will is not the Will of the Father. "I will" instead of "Thy Will" is qualified for judgment and being tossed in the lake of fire with the enemy who said it (apparently) first.

The will of God is best known through the Word of God, His commands and what He requires from us --Obedience to the Word of God.

(1) no(not here/not from man). He tells me, and everyone who belongs to Him. (unless the Father tells someone, grants it from heaven that they know, they never know).

(2) no

(3) a will opposed to Yhwh's Will is not the Will of the Father. "I will" instead of "Thy Will" is qualified for judgment and being tossed in the lake of fire with the enemy who said it (apparently) first.
I need clarification on point 1. Thanks

I need clarification on point 1. Thanks

a clarification that
John 3:27Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
27 Yochanan answered, “No one can receive anything unless it has been given to him from Heaven.
expanded/solidified with
Zechariah 4:6 NKJV - So he answered and said to me: “This ...
So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the LORD of hosts.
and
2 Chronicles 20:15-17Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
15 He said, “Listen, all Y’hudah, you who live in Yerushalayim and King Y’hoshafat: here is what Adonai is saying to you: ‘Don’t be afraid or distressed by this great horde; for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 16 Tomorrow, go down against them. They will be coming up by the ascent of Tzitz, and you will find them at the end of the vadi, before the Yeru’el Desert. 17 You won’t even need to fight this battle! Just take your positions, Y’hudah and Yerushalayim, stand still, and watch how Adonai will deliver you! Don’t be afraid or distressed...... "

and even more extensive and comprehensive (and resisted and denied by men)

Luke 10:21 - Bible Gateway - BibleGateway.com
... that Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father, ... Luke 10:21 The Church is contemptible, ...

Luke 10:21-22 KJV - In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit ...
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, ... and hast revealed them unto babes: even so ...

(i.e. man doesn't find out things by even diligent study, research, human wisdom in any degree, human effort in any degree; but sheer grace and gift from Father ...... exert all force and love and motive and hope of heart and soul and mind to seeking Father and giving all honor and praise and credit to Him! )

the sprt and the wrd canot b separated. over and over and over, always, whoever is immersed in the Messiah Yeshua also abides in the wrd and the wrd in him. the sprt and the wrd are one in truth, in reality, in life, in fullness.
those who say 'he tells me', but go contrary to the wrd, are wrong, Yhvh is never divided against Himself.
those who say 'i love him' , but don't revel in, don't glory in, don't rejoice in all of His Wrd are lying - whoever loves Him rejoices in His Wrd and meditates on His Wrd daily. (Psalms,Matthew,Revelation,Genesis,et al)

there are few examples in today's world.

You are His brother only if you:..........
He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and
who are my brothers?” Pointing to his
disciples
, he said, “Here are my mother and
my brothers. For whoever does the will of
my Father in heaven is my brother and sister
and mother
.”........

george mueller was a tried and true, tested and proven man of Yhvh. through him Yhwh provided for thousands of orphans, and was never late (and neither george nor his co-workers ever asked for donations nor told anyone that they were in need).

http://eternallyblessed.org/george-muller/

“I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk about, when I lie down and when I rise up. And the answers are always coming. Thousands and tens of thousands of times have my prayers been answered. When once I am persuaded that a thing is right and for the glory of God, I go on praying for it until the answer comes. ” – An Hour With George Müller, The Man of Faith to Whom God Gave Millions, by Charles R. Parsons

not just prayer and sprt >> always, always , always in the Wrd, fully, delightedly, exuberantly!!! >>

To those believers who desire to see for themselves that “God is faithful still, and hears prayer still,” George Müller pointed them first to the Scriptures. There, he encouraged, they would come to know the loving Father who is always willing and able to supply our every need.

"It is through the understanding of the Bible that Christians can learn how to get prayers answered and gain an accurate knowledge of faith. In the twentieth century, Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille, a great admirer of George Müller, taught people all over the world how to allow the Word of God to interpret itself, so that they too could see the power of God as Müller did. And through the ministry of Wierwille, a new generation of young men and women became familiar with, and affected by, the inspiring life of George Müller."

I'm kind of surprised at what I'm reading.

The Bible clearly states that "The will of God is to believe on the one He sent." (John 6:40)

That's okay. It takes years of reading and believing to not be surprised by real faith (stranger than fiction).
from
http://eternallyblessed.org/george-muller/
"With only two shillings (less than fifty cents) in his pocket, but believing great enough to move mountains, George Müller set out to change things. As Roger Steer wrote in his biography, George Müller, Delighted in God:

“ Müller’s concern for the plight of orphans in nineteenth century England began rather more than a year before Dickens popularized the situation in Oliver twist. There can be no doubt either about the tragic proportions of the problem or that Müller’s anxiety was genuine. When he first arrived in Bristol he was deeply moved by the common sight of children begging in the streets; and when they knocked on his own door he longed to do something positive to help….

But there was another equally important reason why Müller contemplated founding an orphanage: he wanted to demonstrate to the world that there is a reality in the things of God. As he visited the members of his two congregations in Bristol he discovered repeatedly that people needed to have their faith strengthened.”

Müller longed for “… Something that would act as a visible proof that our God and Father is the same faithful God as ever He was; as willing has ever to prove Himself to be the Living God, in our day as formerly, to all who put their trust in Him.”

For the next sixty-four years of his life until his death at the age of ninety-two, Müller irrefutably proved God’s sufficiency and care on a truly grand scale. Orphans were taken in without any charge for admission...... "

Back