Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

You can be whoever you want to be?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Is that good advice?
Good advice to give a teenager?
From a parent?
From a teacher?
From a friend?

Is that good advice?
From a parent?
From a teacher?
From a friend?
No.
Children, young people can if they are disciplined and work hard, they can achieve great things, but becoming the president of a company or of the USA needs far more than that.

I think that encouraging young people that should be reasonable and achievable.

Is that good advice?
From a parent?
From a teacher?
From a friend?

I don't know. So let's go to the scriptures and see what they have to say about it, ok?

The scriptures seem to say that God has a plan for our life. My life. Your life. The Teenager's life.

So probably not the best advice to give. Better advice for the Teenager would be to seek the Lord, and His will and plan for his life.

I might be a little negative.
"Look I'm not sure where your talent lies and I don't want to stop you from aiming high.
All I can say is, have goals but be ready to compromise."

All I can say is, have goals but be ready to compromise."

This right here is why I am glad that I didn't go to college. Going to college may teach you many things and have secular benefits...but you will be formed into the image of the world.

I'd prolly be an atheist punk right now if I had gone to college.

Back