Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "You shall Love.." Matthew 22:37

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"You shall Love.." Matthew 22:37

Kahlil Gibran, the famous philosopher, poet and writer wrote in his work "The prophet" that Love is like pillars of the temple, when it is stand apart, it give more strength to the building. He also wrote "Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love. And think not you can direct the course of love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself." The portrait of love as a character in itself rather than an emotion. His romantic writings inspired millions of western world and made him the third best selling poet of all times behind Shakespear and Laozi.

During His three and half years of public life, what Jesus Christ tried to do is to convey His message of true love and compassion. He never rejected anybody who came near Him for mercy and care. His heart was an out-pour and unending body of Love. When the law and the society teaches us to love those who love us, Christ put a challenge before us "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them" (Luke 6:32). "But I tell you who hear: love your enemies, do good to those who hate you" (Luke 6:27).

It is relevant as Christians to realize the fulfillment of Mosaic laws, Jesus Christ amended. It was indeed a paradigm shift to the central dogma of what is right and sinful. He transformed the physical and materialistic act of laws into a metaphysical state of heart- a character precisely. He reinstates that "For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander" (Matthew 15:19). This has huge effect even to the pragmatic implications of leading a Christian life. We, as Christians should no more discreet or judge the righteous and sinfulness through the physical parameters, but be focused more to achieve a state of living in Christ.

Jesus Christ insisted this state of life, living, growth and bearing fruit by His own teachings. John 15 categorically emphasis the necessity to live in Him by obeying His commandments. "Abide in Me, and I in you" (John 15:4) is the call He gives to everybody who follow Him. "He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit (John 15:5). He explains how to abide in Him, "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love" (John 15:10). Finally he concludes about His commandment "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you" (John 15:12).

It is because of its cosmic and metaphysical nature of Jesus Christ's teachings that it has little space to be judgmental or even be institutionalized. A personalized experience of Christ is the must and foremost step to achieve the state of enlightenment and to fill with the holy spirit. Only when all Christian attain this state they can bears the real Christian fruits in their life. It is hard to preach this message and that might be the reason Christ used parables to preach with conclusions, "Whoever has ears, let them hear..." (Matthew 11:15).

Whatever explanations or interpretations we give to the theological perspectives of Christianity, we have to understand personally that there is no discipleship of Jesus Christ without love and loving others. St. Paul writes to Corinthians, "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:1-3). This clearly shows the relevance of living in the love of Christ is the base for the gifts of Holy spirit. "Ye shall love.." is what Christ teaches..

Welcome to our Christian Forum Sijo. I see by your profile that you are a "post doctoral research associate" Very good! I always like to see men who love's theology, and doctrinal issues and posts. I like very much your thread on love. I would like to point out a word that I'm never comfortable with when it is used on biblical reference. The word is "metaphysical". To me it means beyond or above the physical. Your statement "It is because of its cosmic and metaphysical nature of Christ's teachings." Could you please explain what you meant? I could be way off in interpreting your usage of the word.

I am hoping to engage in some very spirited communications with you. I'm impressed with the depth of your understanding. I have yet to read your other two threads. Again, welcome to the best Christian Forum, IMO, that there is out there.

Greetings in the name of our savior and God Jesus Christ. First of all, may I ask sorry to make you uncomfortable with my writings. As you mentioned when Mosaic laws deals with materialistic deeds and sin as a consequence of breaking or disobeying a set of framed rules and regulations, Jesus Christ look beyond the materialistic or physical act of deeds into the profundity of emotional feelings of our hearts. 'Burgeoning of of sin is our hearts' is what Christ mentions. We cannot point-out it as a materialistic thing or deed, nor it implies the physiological functioning of our heart as a blood pumping bio-machine. It is something beyond a physical entity. A metaphysical teaching to our mind.

Greetings in the name of our savior and God Jesus Christ. First of all, may I ask sorry to make you uncomfortable with my writings. As you mentioned when Mosaic laws deals with materialistic deeds and sin as a consequence of breaking or disobeying a set of framed rules and regulations, Jesus Christ look beyond the materialistic or physical act of deeds into the profundity of emotional feelings of our hearts. 'Burgeoning of of sin is our hearts' is what Christ mentions. We cannot point-out it as a materialistic thing or deed, nor it implies the physiological functioning of our heart as a blood pumping bio-machine. It is something beyond a physical entity. A metaphysical teaching to our mind.

So what you are saying is, the breaking of a set of framed rules or regulations, which I would call sin, you are saying that that act is beyond a physical entity and is really a metaphysical teaching to our mind....If I'm correct in my evaluation, I disagree. Since this is not a forum for debate, I'll leave it there, but please advise me if my evaluation is not correct.

Welcome to this forum, Sijo!

As chopper stated this is not a debate forum, (and they take that very seriously) not do they permit the promotion of any non-Christian religions, could you inform us of several things so that the several threads you created here can be moved to a different, more appropriate forum?

What is that logo you have as your avatar? I ask because you say that you are a Christian, but I do not recognize that symbol as any things that Christians have used. It appears to be the Arabic nun ( ن).

Therefore, I am confused, and I ask you to help my inability to understand.

The second thing of which I am confused is your repeated usage of the term, "metaphysical". In philosophy, the word means "beyond the physical" as Chopper pointed out, but the term also means "extremely abstract, esoteric and not concrete". There is nothing in the Bible that supports the usage of those words to describe (God) Jesus Christ, (God) the Father, or (God) Holy Spirit.

The God of the OT is a very hands-on, concrete God who lives in a spiritual realm, and has a relationship God with His people on Earth. It is only in the Bible where this phrase is used "I will be their God" (perhaps 100+ times), and in many times there is another statement that God uses, "and they shall be my people". The relationship is not based upon any actions of mankind, but solely on the unmerited grace that God gives to those whom He loves. None of that is metaphysical in any way; and I hope that you can see that.

No, I am NOT attempting to debate you in any way, but for sure, I am attempting to ask you to clarify where you are regarding any religion, and I also respectfully ask what is your purpose in posting as you have done here?

Greetings in the name of our only Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

I understand that there are mainly two points I would attempt to clarify.

1. Usage of the word 'metaphysical'
May I ask sorry for the ignorance I have to use the word in its exact meaning and depth. Jesus Christ says "For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander" (Matthew 15:19). He is reiterating that the base of sin is the evil thought, which comes from our heart. Hence evil thought itself is a sin and might not be to do evil things. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matthew 5:27-28). Jesus Christ wants us to be pure and holy, away from all the sin, with its root plugged-out. This fulfillment of law was a paradigm shift to the teachings of Moses. Many of us as Christian (including me) fails to realize this at times. We cannot be away from sin and death unless we live in Christ. "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5). Very categorically, Jesus Christ explains that "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love" (John 15:10). and "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you" (John 15:12). Thus, nobody can be away from sin without we love one another. Love is a state of mind and has no value devoid of its extensive physical expression. 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life' (John 3:16). 'Because God loved the word, He gave his son'. That unconditional love of God (agape) is a state of mind and not an action. Action was preceded by a state of mind and not by a physical action.

May I humbly ask forgiveness again for my limitations of English language usage. Let the words of my tongue and thoughts of my heart be for the glory of our Lord and only savior Jesus Christ.

2. Grace has asked an interesting question regarding the usage of my Arabic word nun as my avatar.
I am sure that our fellow members of this forum are not unaware of the persecutions and trials, Christians face in day to day life to uphold their faith in Christ and to pray and worship Jesus Christ freely in public. Many countries have banned public worship to Jesus Christ because of their constricted teachings of religious fundamentalism. Our fellow Christians are suffering and murdered even today, at this moment at many parts of the world. Spiritual harmony is sacrificed to religious hegemony. In August 2014, the genocidal persecution of Christians in northern Iraq increased due to actions of ISIS paramilitary forces. The ISIS militants used this letter('nun' denoting 'Nazarene') to represent Christian homes and warn them to convert to Islam or leave the country. They publicly threaten to murder those who do not obey their rules. Thousands of people in the city of Mosul and other places fled their homes and many murdered. An international social media campaign has been launched to draw world attention to this symbol of persecution against these religious minority members raise awareness about their fate.
I believe, it is our duty and responsibility to show solidarity to those who suffer in the name of Jesus Christ and to pray for them. Many are around us who cannot pray and worship in churches like us. Being from India, I have seen the religious atrocities and social isolation against Christians at some parts of my country. Let us remember those who suffer in the name of Jesus Christ and pray for them.

References
1. Holy Bible
2. Wikipedia

Greetings in the name of our only Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

I understand that there are mainly two points I would attempt to clarify.

1. Usage of the word 'metaphysical'
May I ask sorry for the ignorance I have to use the word in its exact meaning and depth. Jesus Christ says "For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander" (Matthew 15:19). He is reiterating that the base of sin is the evil thought, which comes from our heart. Hence evil thought itself is a sin and might not be to do evil things. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matthew 5:27-28). Jesus Christ wants us to be pure and holy, away from all the sin, with its root plugged-out. This fulfillment of law was a paradigm shift to the teachings of Moses. Many of us as Christian (including me) fails to realize this at times. We cannot be away from sin and death unless we live in Christ. "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5). Very categorically, Jesus Christ explains that "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love" (John 15:10). and "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you" (John 15:12). Thus, nobody can be away from sin without we love one another. Love is a state of mind and has no value devoid of its extensive physical expression. 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life' (John 3:16). 'Because God loved the word, He gave his son'. That unconditional love of God (agape) is a state of mind and not an action. Action was preceded by a state of mind and not by a physical action.

May I humbly ask forgiveness again for my limitations of English language usage. Let the words of my tongue and thoughts of my heart be for the glory of our Lord and only savior Jesus Christ.

2. Grace has asked an interesting question regarding the usage of my Arabic word nun as my avatar.
I am sure that our fellow members of this forum are not unaware of the persecutions and trials, Christians face in day to day life to uphold their faith in Christ and to pray and worship Jesus Christ freely in public. Many countries have banned public worship to Jesus Christ because of their constricted teachings of religious fundamentalism. Our fellow Christians are suffering and murdered even today, at this moment at many parts of the world. Spiritual harmony is sacrificed to religious hegemony. In August 2014, the genocidal persecution of Christians in northern Iraq increased due to actions of ISIS paramilitary forces. The ISIS militants used this letter('nun' denoting 'Nazarene') to represent Christian homes and warn them to convert to Islam or leave the country. They publicly threaten to murder those who do not obey their rules. Thousands of people in the city of Mosul and other places fled their homes and many murdered. An international social media campaign has been launched to draw world attention to this symbol of persecution against these religious minority members raise awareness about their fate.
I believe, it is our duty and responsibility to show solidarity to those who suffer in the name of Jesus Christ and to pray for them. Many are around us who cannot pray and worship in churches like us. Being from India, I have seen the religious atrocities and social isolation against Christians at some parts of my country. Let us remember those who suffer in the name of Jesus Christ and pray for them.

References
1. Holy Bible
2. Wikipedia

Thank you for your clarification

Personally, I am aware of the limitations of learning another language, and attempting to converse in Spanish fluently. So let me say that I believe you are doing well, especially since India has so many official languages

Indeed, the persecution of Christians is a worldwide cancer.

we are aware of the usage of the letter nun. I will change my avatar back to the Hebrew letter nun when the time is right. I refuse to use Arabic. nun in the Hebrew is most fitting. changing the world by doing the torah. it will cause miracles. interesting that view.

ed37dbc8d7cf77fb0b8413536d76cd48.jpg

You may be aware of the usage of the Arabic nun; I am not. Please enlighten me as to its "meaning".
the usage is the NUN is the first letter of the N as in a catholic NUN. so its a symbol to warn Christians of this: convert or be raped, mutilated and crucified.

the usage is the NUN is the first letter of the N as in a catholic NUN. so its a symbol to warn Christians of this: convert or be raped, mutilated and crucified.
Thank you for that reply, but I gotta ask if you were being facetious when you posted that?

Thank you for that reply, but I gotta ask if you were being facetious when you posted that?
no that is what ISIS says. remember most of the Christians in Iraq are Chaldean and those are catholics, the other group is orthodox.

If we don't love then Christ is not in us.

Personally, I find a struggle between displaying the love of Christ towards other and loving the truth that He taught us, aka "propositional truth". The nature of propositional truth is that it creates sharp lines between truth and error.

If we love too much without loving the truth, we can be seen as wishy-washy and therefore spineless when it comes to standing for the truth.
If we love truth too much, we may become dogmatic and argumentative so that we can major on the minors, or else be antagonistic towards those who do not use sound principles of Bible study to determine their doctrine.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back