Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your Favorite Drummer or Guitarist

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Oh, good Lord. That's like trying to choose your favorite wrestler. Maybe we should do a thread on that some day as well. Or favorite manager in the polurucs section so I can post some Jim Cornette stuff. Lol.

But favorite guitarist would have to be the one that inspired me the most and made me want to learn how to play. So that honor could only go to the one and only Mr. Randy Rhoads.

Or both!

So, who is it and post a sample from YouTube.

Cool thread!

My favorite guitar player is Ty Tabor, maybe nowadays mostly just because I sincerely love the man and have followed his life. A Christian who went through a lot of Hell, and I still pray for him. As of some of his more recent lyrics, he still loves God and is still trying to do his best for Him.

Saw him live, and nothing would do him justice on Youtube, quite honestly. So I'll just post one of him goofing off. 1:55 - 3:21 was a plug and play. Someone sent him a backing track and asked him to put leads over the top. All the frogs were some sort of running joke, as the title "Frogman" was actually a spoof on a Kings X song called "Dogman."

Actual song Dogman, which was a metaphor for trying to be obedient to God as a dog trying to be obedient to his master, despite his imperfections. Very serious downtuner, and another reason why I liked Ty Tabor's music. It was "heavy" in the fullest sense of the word.

1st Chorus
Let me take my thoughts away
To think about another day
Remembering the times I pray,
To help me deal with me
To be the dogman

Favorite drummer would be Ritchie Martinez. I just like watching a drummer enjoy himself.

1:38 - 2:46 shows a little of his technical skills, and 3:51 til the end is typical Ritchie. Fast on rolls (though he's cleaner on the actual track. This was just a teaching demo).

Years ago I would have said Jimmy Page. But now that I know he's a satanist I have lost all respect for him and his music. He does not make any list of mine anymore.
Expecting the sinners to meet Godly standards ,shoot look up the stars we seem to think are conservative,they often arent.

It's not like today but look back it's a problem .

Expecting the sinners to meet Godly standards ,shoot look up the stars we seem to think are conservative,they often arent.

It's not like today but look back it's a problem .
It isn't that I shun unbelievers because they don't ascend to Christian standards. I draw the line where unbelievers get their inspiration, if not actual material, from the devil himself.

Back